Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 7/SEPT/17

24 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I'm not sure what the fuss is about here.  I've been using my high enchanted tools in the at risk times constantly and rarely/barely get declines in enchant power.  I never even knew there was a bug that let us use tools with zero enchant loss risk.

Edit:  Seriously, enchant decay is a standard game mechanic.  There really should not be a way to completely avoid it forever.  WOuld you want to prevent all item use QL loss too?  This would really kill the crafting and enchanting market.  To be perfectly honest, at the current rate of price decay for imping and enchanting, devs should consider making tools and enchants decay considerably faster.  I'm not a merchant and  generally do all my own imping/chanting. Sometimes help out friends with theirs.  I am not saying this to personally benefit, but the market really is down in the dumps.

This won't really affect positively on any market to be honest, except the "please recast my 97coc back to 100+" market, that never existed anyway.

all the people needing recasts on such high-end tools (probably after several thousands actions) would just be annoyed by it, and eventually recast them themselves, This won't change much for the low to average-high market that is the one actually sinking,
It will worsen it, because it seems that average casts now will decay slower than before.

It's a change aimed (if even) to worsen the experience of a few hardcore-players that worked hard to achieve stable-ish results and, as i said, the only thing that accomplishes for me is the desire of getting rid of all my good toolset and replace it with average stuff because it's going to get ruined anyway.

edit : improving and QL works on a completely different way, because briging back something that you used from 94 to 95 makes perfect sense and is totally acceptable, while bringing back a cast from 99 to 100, on the opposite in an unacceptable journey of totally random pain and suffering. (the higher the existing cast, the harder it will be to get a new higher one, so you'll have to dispel it, if that's even possible)

Edited by Davih
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

To be perfectly honest, at the current rate of price decay for imping and enchanting, devs should consider making tools and enchants decay considerably faster.

How to lose subscribers in a bleeding game. 

• Like 1

i love the new enchant update, i hope we all lose enchants fast so the market can actually grow a tiny bit of enchant sellers. Nothing should be 100000% fine once you buy it, it should wear and tear and be sent off again for recasting, 

money makes the world go round.

• Like 1

For imping tools the decay was present anyway as the whortest timer is 6 secs, 5.4 if runed. Now there is less chance of enchant decay on the imping tools which I see a good thing.

I'm not really concerned about the enchat decay - do we really ned to have 100coc/woa on everything? It does not matter that much. I personally stop casting at 80ish casts. 

I see the price might go up on rare/better tools which is desirable, rarity got to a laughable price level lately.

• Like 1

all these posts saying recast my high 90 enchant to 100+, bruh you can't even do that.  if your 100 drops to 99 you literally cannot improve that cast to over 100 because max cast is 99 but you get up to a +5 bonus (when trying to improve a cast only) that lowers the higher the cast is and at 99 you can't go higher.  so you have to dispel the cast too, which might mean losing other casts or imbues or runes

so not only does this mean the random chance to shatter should be removed, but also requires a better dispel system that lets us select the cast

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

i love the new enchant update, i hope we all lose enchants fast so the market can actually grow a tiny bit of enchant sellers. Nothing should be 100000% fine once you buy it, it should wear and tear and be sent off again for recasting, 

money makes the world go round.

Most of people would lose enchants slower with this method, because the decrease is overall slower. Mostly for people that didn't even know this was a thing.

The people losing 100 casts down to 97 would just be sad without needing any recast because that's just not worth the risk.

Don'y you think i would be glad if there was a possible increase in market potential? I just see none.

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

I just spent hours moving my stuff over to the new units, I'm not going to empty them again on the off chance this hack works.

Just rotate the unit or push it, name will show.

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Just rotate the unit or push it, name will show.

The rename option does not appear on any of the shelves, no matter how much rotation or pushing I do.

On a second, empty unit I found that picking it up and dropping it after creation did allow the shelves to be renamed. This is obviously not an option on a unit already stacked with four full BSBs, of course.

Edited by Ajala

I still think this is a pretty bad change and should be reverted, but this is the best idea i could come up with to deal with this new, daunting mechanic

10 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Does this mean weapons also lose enchants now? 

No, just actions with timers like previously. Actions that didn't had enchant loss (like meditating) still don't have it.

Ok, I did 40 min farming with a 70 CoC rake just now and it lost 3 points down to 67. I've used that rake for weeks before that and it didn't loose any...   Is this really intentional?  It will need re-enchanting every 3-4 hours of skilling!?

Pretty huge nerf!  

You can't just go change something like this without thinking about the consequences. It could maybe be more ok if you would make enchanting easier and with less risk at the same time. This is big nerf to skill increase speed in a game that is already slower than any other. Doesn't make sense... 

• Like 1

Just mined almost 3k with my pick, 87woa, 96 imbue and did not lose a single woa tick (rare and down to 90ql now). All timers are 2.9 secs. It seems we need more data to evaluate the change...

Edited by Jaz

30 minutes ago, Torgrim said:

Ok, I did 40 min farming with a 70 CoC rake just now and it lost 3 points down to 67. I've used that rake for weeks before that and it didn't loose any...   Is this really intentional?  It will need re-enchanting every 3-4 hours of skilling!?

Pretty huge nerf!  

You can't just go change something like this without thinking about the consequences. It could maybe be more ok if you would make enchanting easier and with less risk at the same time. This is big nerf to skill increase speed in a game that is already slower than any other. Doesn't make sense... 

20 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Just mined almost 3k with my pick, 87woa, 96 imbue and did not lose a single woa tick (rare and down to 90ql now). All timers are 2.9 secs. It seems we need more data to evaluate the change...

I'm open to feedback if something will seem wrong with the enchant decay on both the short and long timers. In addition, next server update will slightly change how the check works, so instead of enchant decay tick on 2nd second of action it will be checked when action is finished/canceled (and take part of action until it's canceled for calculations only).

• Like 1

We really don't need to know that each bsb shelf is the same wood as the bsb rack itself or that each shelf is a bsb shelf, we pretty much know this already. 

When we rename it could we have the shelf show just the name we want instead of adding it to the end, this makes for some very wide windows when opening these racks and I rather see everything nice and narrow.

WauEHIH.png

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Torgrim said:

Pretty huge nerf!  

I've had a tasty 1QL 99CoC rake go down 2 points in 45ish minutes of tending my farms like 5 years ago, and another point a mere few hours later.

Spoiler

It also stayed at 96 power for well over a week afterwards. That's RNG for ya.

I'd advise more tests than just this one to base the effective changes on, as it's still a chance-based thing and one with fairly low chances at that. Especially with how fickle RNG can be, 40 minutes of farming once is not a good indicator of the statistical nor practical overall effects.

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

We really don't need to know that each bsb shelf is the same wood as the bsb rack itself or that each shelf is a bsb shelf, we pretty much know this already. 

When we rename it could we have the shelf show just the name we want instead of adding it to the end, this makes for some very wide windows when opening these racks and I rather see everything nice and narrow.

WauEHIH.png

Good idea, i'll look at it

• Like 3

/me looks at his shovel with zero enchants and tries digging

Hey, it still works, even without magic! 

I hope this patch is helping the Wurm enchant&bulk market. 

While I do understand that many people have spent a lot of effort and time to "get that perfect tool", it still should not last forever. Nothing should!

Next on list: develop climate change and hurricanes to help with erosion (for real, that'd be fun).

• Like 2

If you dont think this update affected your tools check their enchants. I have mine marked on each item and numerous lost points and embue .

If they believe people are going to keep paying to get their items redone I think they are wrong .Who is going to pay for a high enchant that is going to wear down in a month ?

Sign in to follow this