Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 7/SEPT/17

2 minutes ago, Weatherwax said:

Great addition but I do not think the above is quite right. I have 57.33 FC skill and can only make the "rack for empty bsb". Bulk Container Unit is red.

They're also quite difficult, use higher ql parts 

3 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Are higher enchants still less likely to reduce?

Yes, along with runed and rare+ tools.

100 power is half as likely to lose a point of power.

rare is 5x less likely.

supreme is 10x less likely.

fantastic is 15x less likely. 

Thanks Retro, I will check the components. I assumed it was related to skill level but never assume in Wurm :) 

1 minute ago, Weatherwax said:

Thanks Retro, I will check the components. I assumed it was related to skill level but never assume in Wurm :) 

50 skill is the hard threshold, much like wagons requiring 40 skill and other various items needing different skills.

There's also difficulty which needs to be met,. Success % is determined by (mainly) your skill and item ql's vs difficulty, and has to be over a 6% chance to allow you to try creating

It would be nice if we could rename the shelves within the new racks introduced over the last couple of months.

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

50 skill is the hard threshold, much like wagons requiring 40 skill and other various items needing different skills.

There's also difficulty which needs to be met,. Success % is determined by (mainly) your skill and item ql's vs difficulty, and has to be over a 6% chance to allow you to try creating

The low quality large nails was the culprit, thanks again Retro!

1 hour ago, Noizhead said:

Does this mean there's no more 5 second grace period on enchant decay and any action, no matter how short, will roll for enchant decay?  If so, this change is a major bad point in the update.  I know I'm not the only one who's always meticulously superenchanted and maintained their tools, then bent over backwards to manage timer duration, all in the name of maintaining the enchants I've struggled to put on my items.  Pickaxe and hatchet imbues will be even worse off for this.

This.

This is horrible, and subvertes everything i tried to achieve in wurm so far, all my reached goals and focus on skilling to a certain point are now useless.

• Like 3

So basically now to be sure that our tools don't lose enchants we have to make all actions with full stamina, since even to queue 2/3/4/5 actions and to pass from 3 seconds to 4/4,5 seconds per action (while the queue goes on) could be more dangerous for our enchants. 
Even the first action with full stamina will be a risk; the actions on queue will be more dangerous, so we will have to do one action per time to take the less risk. Using enchanted tools like this will be boring from now, please, change it back.

I didn't even think about it in terms of quality of life, lol.
Now either you caressly use some random tool with low expendable enchants, or, if you are using your best supreme high-casted tool, you should absolutely stop using queues entirely and wait for full stamina on every action (extra fun on xanadu) , or you will know that you will be putting your best tool at higher risk, and that graph is... scary. 

I still remember with joy the day i was finally able to queue 5 planks without going over 5secs, now i should probably just sell my saw before i ruin it.

• Like 2

How are people with high channeling upset about this? This update just brought your services back to life! I still have not lost a single point of enchant on my supreme tin shovel that @Noizheadcasted for me 2 years ago. Now I'll be contacting him again soon, I foresee.

27 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

How are people with high channeling upset about this? This update just brought your services back to life! I still have not lost a single point of enchant on my supreme tin shovel that @Noizheadcasted for me 2 years ago. Now I'll be contacting him again soon, I foresee.

Because this is not really how it works. I do see your point and i also realized and considered that, but...

Even people with 99+ channeling (and that's totally not my case) don't offer custom-casts services over  95, maybe 97
As someone around 90, i don't even care for getting orders for custom casts higher than 85.

So, take my shovel as example, i have a supreme with woa100 on it and i love the fact that with that shovel, and only with that shovel, at 97ql allows me to do a 6x Queue without going over 5.0secs timer.

I would dread the day that casts drop from 100 to 99, and if that happens, there is no possible way i would send that to recast to 100, nobody would even consider a recast that high, let alone with the punishing way channeling works on 1% random shatters on failures.

Also, most of my very high tools were done with the opposite process : finding a 100+ casted blank tool, and improving until it got rare/supreme, with the joy and happiness of having made the perfect tool that would serve me for the years to come.

This way i would be too scared to use any of my tools, and everything i want to do is to just sell them all and start using 90ish rare-expendable ones instead.

Even if i have a decent vynora priest

Edited by Davih
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Aeryck said:

I would gladly fire Asheram out of a cannon if it meant I never had to suffer with enchanting again.

Maintaining enchants by managing stamina and timers and QLs was the light at the end of the tunnel with all things channeling.  Reenchanting tools is a thing to be avoided because the fundamentals of enchanting are terrible and have always been terrible:  items with incredible value (be they real or sentimental) can be lost with no recourse, and enchanting is the only mechanic in Wurm that can do this.  This is a problem you can't even outskill, since all miscasts have a 1 in 100 chance of shattering the item, regardless of its QL and your skill.  Even at an impossible 110 channeling, any given cast of an enchant has a 1/10000 chance of destroying the item you're working on.

Antishatter liquid is small comfort, and at best is a bandaid to a mechanic that is far too harsh in the context of all other crafting in Wurm.

If shattering exists, enchant decay should not exist.  If enchant decay exists, shattering should not exist.  Having both is too harsh a penalty, especially for such an important aspect of the game.

• Like 7

Bulk Container Units display weight of contents, when volume (for BSBs) was the controlling stat. Could this be changed to displaying volume, assuming it still works like BSBs?

I'm not sure what the fuss is about here.  I've been using my high enchanted tools in the at risk times constantly and rarely/barely get declines in enchant power.  I never even knew there was a bug that let us use tools with zero enchant loss risk.

Edit:  Seriously, enchant decay is a standard game mechanic.  There really should not be a way to completely avoid it forever.  WOuld you want to prevent all item use QL loss too?  This would really kill the crafting and enchanting market.  To be perfectly honest, at the current rate of price decay for imping and enchanting, devs should consider making tools and enchants decay considerably faster.  I'm not a merchant and  generally do all my own imping/chanting. Sometimes help out friends with theirs.  I am not saying this to personally benefit, but the market really is down in the dumps.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage  bins inside which can be filled.

It would be really nice if we could rename the bsb that this unit contains, but even with this flaw it is a great addition

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

• A new rack can be crafted for the storage of empty Bulk Storage Bins.
    • This rack can hold 30 empty bulk storage bins
  • A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage  bins inside which can be filled.
    • These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.

I thought it was a joke - THANK YOU!

• You now have the ability to build high fences in arched walls.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Also thanks for all the others - only one I have no idea how will change the decay speed is the enchant decay rework.

3 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

It would be really nice if we could rename the bsb that this unit contains, but even with this flaw it is a great addition

I had no issue. Try picking it up and putting it down again?

And yes, tyty for the storage enhancements!  Every time a new one is released, it gives us so many new options for rearranging our workshops.

1 minute ago, Darmalus said:

I had no issue. Try picking it up and putting it down again?

Thanks - hadn't spotted that...

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

It would be nice if we could rename the shelves within the new racks introduced over the last couple of months.

You can name them. We have a Large Storage Unit with individually named shelves. I'm not sure about the other racks.

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

Ajala, you can rename the units as well as the shelves.  If you are having problems, pick up the units then drop them again - you should get the rename option.

• Like 1

A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage  bins inside which can be filled.

• These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.

I'm over FC 50 and can only make the storage unit for the empty bsb's and not the other. Says my skill is too low

Update: switched to a HQ nails and chance increased to where I could build it. Solved 

Edited by jasminth
update

31 minutes ago, Noizhead said:

If shattering exists, enchant decay should not exist.  If enchant decay exists, shattering should not exist.  Having both is too harsh a penalty, especially for such an important aspect of the game.

Now that's a fair point.

2 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

Ajala, you can rename the units as well as the shelves.  If you are having problems, pick up the units then drop them again - you should get the rename option.

I just spent hours moving my stuff over to the new units, I'm not going to empty them again on the off chance this hack works.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this