Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 7/SEPT/17

PatchNotes-300x79.png

Additions and changes

• A new rack can be crafted for the storage of empty Bulk Storage Bins.
    • This rack can hold 30 empty bulk storage bins.
  • You now have the ability to build high fences in arched walls.
  • A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage  bins inside which can be filled.
    • These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.
  • Planting catseyes off deed becomes faster as your paving skill increases.
  • Blessed lamps on highways will no longer decay.
  • We have disabled giving out the Key to the Heavens until the full Epic/Valrei update is complete.
  • Enchant decay on tools when using them has been changed to a more linear system.
    • Previously, every five seconds of an action had a chance to reduce the enchant by 1.
    • With the new system the chance will only occur once per action, and be based on the length of the timer. 

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix:  Fix for error being thrown when attempting to level a ceiling if the floor below it was not level.
  • Bugfix:  Crates in a crate rack on deed with more than 30 days upkeep will not decay.
  • Bugfix:  Small chests can no longer be mailed if locked.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed some spelling and text errors.
  • Bugfix: War machines should no longer function between world layers.
  • Bugfix: Mask of Rebirth has been removed from the Missions items list.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.

4.0.8 Client Changes

• Dyed object colours will now correctly display with GLSL shaders disabled.
  • Client resolution and fullscreen mode can now be changed again while in-game.
  • Water reflections will no longer appear above the water.
  • Distant trees will now have the correct texture in winter.
  • Another issue causing duplicated players and objects has been addressed.
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Client resolution and fullscreen mode can now be changed again while in-game.

Thank you! <3

Great work on introducing both of these bulk bin storage units into the game! It will be very nice to condense 4 partially filled bulk bins into one unit thus gaining a lot of living space within buildings. 30 empty bulk bin storage too for all the excesses gathered over the years. Well done!

=Ayes=

You now have the ability to build high fences in arched walls. Nice! Been wanting to have high gates in arches!

• Like 1

Blessed lamps on highways will no longer decay.

Thank you, so many highways went dark lately due to lamp decay.

40 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.
  • Bugfix: Warmachines should no longer function between world layers.
  • Bugfix: Mask of Rebirth has been removed from the Missions items list.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.

I hope this doesn't mean that they take double damage now :P

Time to go scavenge all those rotting bsbs out in the wilderness! Hurrah for Wurm recycling!

5 minutes ago, Erlindur said:

I hope this doesn't mean that they take double damage now :P

The irony of that straight after a bugfix for text errors

• Like 1

it is saying servers are on line.. how can I tell when Xan is back on? There is no way to tell if an individual server is back I cannot log in

having the same problem, logging in - says servers are online but cannot log in. 

16 minutes ago, RavenLure said:

it is saying servers are on line.. how can I tell when Xan is back on? There is no way to tell if an individual server is back I cannot log in

I am back in.. please is there a way we can tell when our servers are back up.. Xan takes the longest to come back on line... that is a given but when it reads that the servers are online that is not the whole truth since Xan was not.. I tired for over 10 minutes to log in.

• Like 1

New bulk storage racks and high fences in arch walls....So much love! :wub:

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Enchant decay on tools when using them has been changed to a more linear system.
    • Previously, every five seconds of an action had a chance to reduce the enchant by 1.
    • With the new system the chance will only occur once per action, and be based on the length of the timer. 

Does this mean there's no more 5 second grace period on enchant decay and any action, no matter how short, will roll for enchant decay?  If so, this change is a major bad point in the update.  I know I'm not the only one who's always meticulously superenchanted and maintained their tools, then bent over backwards to manage timer duration, all in the name of maintaining the enchants I've struggled to put on my items.  Pickaxe and hatchet imbues will be even worse off for this.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RavenLure said:

The status widget is available - see http://wurmonline.com/status-new/widget.php

It would be nice to get this information back into the launcher, and the forum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Noizhead said:

Does this mean there's no more 5 second grace period on enchant decay and any action, no matter how short, will roll for enchant decay?  If so, this change is a major bad point in the update.  I know I'm not the only one who's always meticulously superenchanted and maintained their tools, then bent over backwards to manage timer duration, all in the name of maintaining the enchants I've struggled to put on my items.  Pickaxe and hatchet imbues will be even worse off for this.

This was an unintended side effect of the mechanic checking every 5 seconds.

This new system balances it out across timer length, if your actions were short before you're still reducing the chances of it happening now, it's just not bypassing the intended mechanic of enchant decay anymore

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This was an unintended side effect of the mechanic checking every 5 seconds.

This new system balances it out across timer length, if your actions were short before you're still reducing the chances of it happening now, it's just not bypassing the intended mechanic of enchant decay anymore

Then this is a bad change.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix:  Fix for error being thrown when attempting to level a ceiling if the floor below it was not level.

so it's wasn't strictly a northwest corner issue? I should have tested it on the other side of the cavern, thank you for resolving it. 

2 hours ago, RavenLure said:

• Like 1

In terms of the enchant decay, I am not excited, but I'll give it a go and see how it unfolds.

When we had only one bsb for each tile, the 4 bsb in a rack would have been awesome. I feel that the rack is too big for the 4 bsbs it can contain. I would like to have room for more bsb's in the bsb rack.

1 hour ago, Noizhead said:

New formula also gives bonus to less than 10 seconds actions, as shown on this graph:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+-+(1+-+1%2F(1+*+30))^(floor(x%2F5)),+(1+-+(1+-+1%2F(1+*+30))^(max(0.15,+x%2F5+-+0.5))),+(1+-+(1+-+1%2F(1+*+30))^(max(1.5,+x%2F5+-+0.5)))+*+max(0.1,+min(x%2F10,+1)^2),+x%3D0+to+10

x axis is time, y axis is enchant decay chance (in case of this graph, for enchant power 1 and no rarity/rune bonus)

Blue = old system

Red = current system without bonus

Yellow = current system with bonus

For over 10 seconds actions enchant decay chance is statistically exactly the same while for under 10 seconds it's a bit lower (up to around 30% lower at 5 seconds).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage  bins inside which can be filled.

• These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.

Great addition but I do not think the above is quite right. I have 57.33 FC skill and can only make the "rack for empty bsb". Bulk Container Unit is red.

Sign in to follow this