Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Warning I will take legal action to anyone breaching the Disclaimer on Reqieum of Wurm

1 minute ago, Alyeska said:

You cannot copyright images that you do not own. You cannot threaten legal actions about copyrights on things that you cannot copyright. This legal action threat is a lot of hot air and holds no ground. It maybe rude in your eyes that people use the textures, perhaps they just happened to know how to use photoshop also and found the same image and did the same thing.

Is it rude and no morals that you took the PMK images and pasted them onto the caravel sails? Those were made by players of wurm and you just took them and used them on your own server.

well maybe they should have changed the names of the textures to. 100% unlikely they named the textures the same thing I did cause the images online didn't have a name and if they did I didn't use it I pre named every image.

What is your overall point? You're upset that someone stole your stolen content?

1 minute ago, Chakron said:

What is your overall point? You're upset that someone stole your stolen content?

The images online where royalty free so they was not stolen. 

By the way some of the tapistries in WO are from royalt free images online want links I can dredge them up.

Edited by Arkonick

1 minute ago, Chakron said:

Someone stole his stolen content and some server is losing people over it, and he is going to sue them for it. I'd pick a server with people that don't threaten legal action over one with a few google images anyday.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

So how does one protect the stuff that they create? I don't think it's very fair to come swoop in and take someones hard work and claim it as their own (with no credit given to creator)

A lot of game companies use royalty free art work online to skin there models and claim them as there's and copyright them at the same time.

1 minute ago, PinkishFloyd said:

So how does one protect the stuff that they create? I don't think it's very fair to come swoop in and take someones hard work and claim it as their own (with no credit given to creator)

Simply by not using things that are not yours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

You cannot copyright images that you do not own. You cannot threaten legal actions about copyrights on things that you cannot copyright. This legal action threat is a lot of hot air and holds no ground. It maybe rude in your eyes that people use the textures, perhaps they just happened to know how to use photoshop also and found the same image and did the same thing.

Is it rude and no morals that you took the PMK images and pasted them onto the caravel sails? Those were made by players of wurm and you just took them and used them on your own server.

Not everything included was copyrighted. Would you prefer a list that tells you what ones are? The point is, is that you should ask for things and don't steal when it is not given. When things ARE original, don't claim as your own and don't fight a copyright notice. There is no argument. Give credit when due and don't steal.

Just now, PinkishFloyd said:

There's no clear clause for unlimited, but for the PMK textures creating and submitting them to the game gives away ownership rights to code club. Since unlimited has no clear statement about this in its EULA (and Im sure it will have one soon that is similar to the wurm online one) so far, if you can prove that the images are indeed yours and not third party, you could get a lawyer involved, if you could find one to take the case, on a case of copyright infringement. Not many lawyers are too interested in taking the case of the guy who stole an image from a player run server.

3 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

Someone stole his stolen content and some server is losing people over it, and he is going to sue them for it. I'd pick a server with people that don't threaten legal action over one with a few google images anyday.

What stolen content? They were royalty free images. And a few of them were actually not pulled from Google Images. The picture posted earlier in this thread is not ALL of the items in question. There are several other ones that were stolen as well.

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Not everything included was copyrighted. Would you prefer a list that tells you what ones are? The point is, is that you should ask for things and don't steal when it is not given. When things ARE original, don't claim as your own and don't fight a copyright notice. There is no argument. Give credit when due and don't steal.

Agreed.

Edited by Xallo

Power going to your head there arkonick, maybe if you stopped being selfish and let people use your modded content for use on their own, whether it be a private or public server, then you wouldnt be getting your arse yanded to you. 

All people have to do is say that modded xyz is by arkonick. Its not rocket science. If you dnt want people using your modd then dont relesse them it aint hard. 

• Like 5

I play on World of Wonders and have never seen these textures on wagons or anything else.

Good thing too because the look kinda stupid.  

• Like 3

If they're using the textures without permission or attribution, then yeah they're jerks and we agree. We're just making fun of your I'M GONNA SUE YOU approach.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozmods said:

Power going to your head there arkonick, maybe if you stopped being selfish and let people use your modded content for use on their own, whether it be a private or public server, then you wouldnt be getting your arse yanded to you. 

All people have to do is say that modded xyz is by arkonick. Its not rocket science. If you dnt want people using your modd then dont relesse them it aint hard. 

kind of hard when the server you play on you have to download them to your pc in order to see them in game. So when people play on your server they have to download them to see them on your server.

I knew you have a word cause I told you no when you asked me to use my stuff.

Edited by Arkonick

1 minute ago, PinkishFloyd said:

What stolen content? They were royalty free images. And a few of them were actually not pulled from Google Images. The picture posted earlier in this thread is not ALL of the items in question. There are several other ones that were stolen as well.

back to the baseline; just because they were royalty free, doesn't mean they are yours. You cannot copyright a royalty free image that you changed a bit. If the modder here can take the image and mod it and say " but it was royalty free! " then so can the next guy over who put it on his server. It's simply not able to be copyrighted unless the very, very original owner decides to copyright it, in which case the wurm unlimited servers in case would ALL be required to take down any texture that includes the images. Altering an image (in this case, cutting it to fit onto the wagon) doesn't count the same as being the original creator in terms of copyrights. Which is what this whole threat is about.

And yes, I know, that one image isn't the only one. It just popped up on " white unicorn moon " on google, so it was the easiest without reverse searching. I don't really wanna search for " half nude batwing lady " if I could avoid doing so.

• Like 2

Those pictures are from hdwallpapers.org (at least that's where I found them) and they are free to use which means you can not copyright them.

• Like 1

Google WO tapestry4, tapestry5, and tapestry6 there royalty free images of 16th centry if i recall art work so how does CC copyright them? And I'm sure If i go threw the images I will find more not all art work in WO is artist made from CC yet there copyrighted or at least said copyrighted material in the TOS.

There are patterns for the tabards that where not in house cause I can pull the designs off the net yet there copyrighted too.

So how can there's be and mine not we both grabed images of the web and like i stated most game artist do this in the industry.

Edited by Arkonick

8 minutes ago, HereticZero said:

I play on World of Wonders and have never seen these textures on wagons or anything else.

A second for this...

The entire basis for this thread was that someone was using your mod without permission...

But the server in question DOESNT USE THE MOD.

Secondly, if you put a mod on a publicly available link (which by definition it has to be in order for anyone to download it for the original server), then you are releasing said mod to the public domain. What you are trying to do is the equivalent of making a mod (and I disagree that a texture swap is a mod, as I've done plenty of those on my own), publishing it on steam, and then adding text to the mod description that says "ONLY XXX SERVER CAN USE THIS MOD".

But...

MOOT POINT

The server you are accusing of wrongfully using your mod, ISNT USING IT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arkonick said:

Google WO tapestry4, tapestry5, and tapestry6 there royalty free images of 16th centry if i recall art work so how does CC copyright them? And I'm sure If i go threw the images I will find more not all art work in WO is artist made from CC yet there copyrighted or at least said copyrighted material in the TOS.

A good question, but I'm assuming because Wurm's art team actually created the model, re-created the image of the tapestry, and inserted them into the game without using a pre-existing model or texture, but rather, a historical reference.

Also, copyrights have an age limit to them. The Bayeux Tapestry, even if it was copyrighted at the time, would have already expired.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GnatTheGnome said:

A second for this...

The entire basis for this thread was that someone was using your mod without permission...

Secondly, if you put a mod on a publicly available link (which by definition it has to be in order for anyone to download it for the original server), then you are releasing said mod to the public domain. What you are trying to do is the equivalent of making a mod (and I disagree that a texture swap is a mod, as I've done plenty of those on my own), publishing it on steam, and then adding text to the mod description that says "ONLY XXX SERVER CAN USE THIS MOD".

But...

MOOT POINT

not yet but on your servers web site part of my pack is for download which at some point they would and could get added to your server. only reason why not yet they don't know how to add them.

This is off your site

I had a few interested in editing the models in Wurm. I have converted all wagon models and ship models I have to an easy to edit PNG file. They are uploaded to my google drive, link is below.
I removed the link here.
If you edit any wagons or ships and want to see if we can get them in game please PM me or just put a download link on this thread.

Edit not just mine but Jubaroo's work as well is in this pack who owns the server I allowed to use my work.

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Arkonick said:

not yet but on your servers web site part of my pack is for download which at some point they would and could get added to your server. only reason why not yet they don't know how to add them.

This is off your site

I had a few interested in editing the models in Wurm. I have converted all wagon models and ship models I have to an easy to edit PNG file. They are uploaded to my google drive, link is below.
I removed the link here.
If you edit any wagons or ships and want to see if we can get them in game please PM me or just put a download link on this thread.

So, you are saying that because YOU edited the wagon textures, I cannot make my own because you own the idea? He was asking for anyone ELSE who edits them to upload their own artwork to evaluate adding them.

And if you think I cant do it myself,, I say, do you know me? How do you know what myself, or the admins on that server can and cannot figure out?

It wasnt done, because there was no interest.

Again, him posting your FREELY AVAILABLE MOD as an example template, is violating NOTHING since there is nothing copyrighted or copywriteable in there. Neither is rehosting such a publicly available resource an issue. Happens all the time. Perfectly legal.

also...

http://www.wallpaperup.com/121799/art_jennifer_gelinas_black_fantasy_wings_girl_demon_gothic_dark_fantasy.html

25 minutes ago, GnatTheGnome said:

A second for this...

But...

MOOT POINT

No, they are not, but they are distributing content that they had no part in creating and claiming as their own after being told they could not use it. Not all of the content was original and that is not being claimed. If you were using it to demonstrate, why didn't you use the other PMK images that are free? If our creations can be taken for use by anyone at will, why would we continue to create? Why not just focus on server only mods that others cannot copy?

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

What someone does, or does not do, does not change the fact that you do not have legal copyright protection for any of those images.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Markcrow said:

What someone does, or does not do, does not change the fact that you do not have legal copyright protection for any of those images.

I own many of the images in the pack and created them myself from scratch. So I do in fact, own them

Edited by Governor