Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Warning I will take legal action to anyone breaching the Disclaimer on Reqieum of Wurm

To all server owners be warned I will take legal action and in the process right now of taking action for a breach of the TS of the use of Reqieum of Wurm Model/texture pack. World of wounders is posting copyright material that si not there creation. Be warned do not follow in there foot steps. I've given no one the rights to use any modified texture I have created other than Reqieum of Wurm any one caught using or distributing said material will have legal action taken.

It's really lame people do this stuff and think it's okay. I hope they comply or you get justice.  Good luck.

Just out of curiosity, can you actually copyright textures that were made with images that are not yours? We've ran into this exact issue awhile back when we were making a PMK design before.

I assume you're talking about the wagons posted in this picture:

20170725110214_1.jpg

I mean, I recognize some of these, is why I ask.

Good luck, either way.

Edited by Xallo

Yes I can Copyright them. CC gave me rights to mod there content and when I change said content textures it becomes my design even tho some of there's remain the new image becomes mine. There fore you need my permission to use the textures or models etc... even down to code I add.

Just now, Arkonick said:

Yes I can Copyright them. CC gave me rights to mod there content and when I change said content textures it becomes my design even tho some of there's remain the new image becomes mine. There fore you need my permission to use the textures or models etc... even down to code I add.

Not the in-game textures, but the actual pictures that you had put onto the wagons.

For example, this one:

8b4d7affb72d63b6db868402faea7497.jpg

2 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Not the in-game textures, but the actual pictures that you had put onto the wagons.

For example, this one:

8b4d7affb72d63b6db868402faea7497.jpg

When I altar said texture it becomes my handy work because it is no longer offical WO nor WU texture which you was given. 

You cannot copyright other peoples works.

Modifying a texture to apply to a wagon does not mean it is not their intellectual property, you would have better luck redoing the artwork yourself. 

• Like 15

For one World of Wonders is not pushing any of your models at all. Feel free to log in and see. I had been on your server before and I do have your models that you allow downloads. My staff was looking at a few as a nice template of how we could modify our own but have never used your models or any of your software. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

When I altar said texture it becomes my handy work because it is no longer offical WO nor WU texture which you was given. 

Its about the pictures you put ontop of the textures that you found on google, not the textures out of the wurm packs that you put them on.

You cannot copyright an image that you did not create just because you were the first to put it on a wagon.

Infact, those images you are using may have very well been copyrighted and NOT permitted to be used inside of the wurm online / wurm unlimited game. I would be careful by pushing this into real life legal action because it might very well backfire.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 3

yes but you have my textures on google drive to be downloaded by any one with no disclaimer nor was i asked for permission.

People who threaten legal action tend to have no idea how the law works.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

You cannot copyright other peoples works.

Modifying a texture to apply to a wagon does not mean it is not their intellectual property, you would have better luck redoing the artwork yourself. 

so are you saying you own my work i did on the wagons? how can CC own my work? CC did not do that to the wagons.

I'm not claiming the model of the wagons or the boats But I am claiming the work i done on the textures.

1 minute ago, Arkonick said:

so are you saying you own my work i did on the wagons? how can CC own my work? CC did not do that to the wagons.

I am saying whoever did the artwork that you used still owns the artwork. 

you modifying it for a wagon does not make it yours to claim copyright over, if they so chose they could demand you stop using them, and if they have a creative commons licence allowing distribution and modification you still cannot claim copyright

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

I'm not claiming the model of the wagons or the boats But I am claiming the work i done on the textures.

The work you did on the textures involved fishing pictures off of Google Images and pasting them onto a texture.

The issue is not the model, nor the textures, but the fact that you are essentially claiming ownership over something that is not yours by attempting to copyright it.

Also, you cannot copyright anything in Wurm, or used with Wurm materials, without the direct and written permission of Code Club AB (to my knowledge).

I'm sorry, but if you were to bring this case to a lawyer, they would either laugh at you, or take it and keep your money. Save your breath and pockets by forgetting about it and moving on.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

I am saying whoever did the artwork that you used still owns the artwork. 

you modifying it for a wagon does not make it yours to claim copyright over, if they so chose they could demand you stop using them, and if they have a creative commons licence allowing distribution and modification you still cannot claim copyright

So your saying when we do any modifying and add a disclaimer for the use of downloaded content people are free to just take regardless there is a disclaimer posted? You might as well add in your TS for WU any content you alter is free to everyone.

That's really strange logic.

Hello, my name is Chakron. Disclaimer: Anyone who posts after me MUST GO DIRECTLY TO PRISON. It's a disclaimer and it's mine so that's the law.

Edit: Joking aside the subtext here is that you probably stole something in the process of making your wagon textures, but that really depends on the rights for those individual images.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 2

Pretty sure I've seen all these images on Sunday market t-shirts: Your lawyer will be a very busy man.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

So your saying when we do any modifying and add a disclaimer for the use of downloaded content people are free to just take regardless there is a disclaimer posted? You might as well add in your TS for WU any content you alter is free to everyone.

Okay so here's the thing. Just because you didn't see a disclaimer when you found the image on google, doesn't mean it didn't have one. Even if you found it on a website that lets you use images for free, doesn't mean you can say you are the only one that is allowed to use it from now on on the wurm wagons by copyrighting it. I get that the altering of the picture to fit onto the wagon was done by you, but because you used images that aren't yours, you can not copyright what you did with them.

Just like those Sunday market t-shirts can not be copyrighted. This is like secondlife all over.

• Like 2

Lame and rude and to sorry to make there own alterations. You think I was born with the ability to do the things I do to your surprise I wasn't. I had to learn and it's just rude to take with out permission. But I guess this world now has no morals any more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

Okay so here's the thing. Just because you didn't see a disclaimer when you found the image on google, doesn't mean it didn't have one. Even if you found it on a website that lets you use images for free, doesn't mean you can say you are the only one that is allowed to use it from now on on the wurm wagons by copyrighting it. I get that the altering of the picture to fit onto the wagon was done by you, but because you used images that aren't yours, you can not copyright what you did with them.

Just like those Sunday market t-shirts can not be copyrighted. This is like secondlife all over.

I'm not saying people can't use the same images I used there royalty free on the web. What My complaint is they didn't do it but claimed so and did not ask me and allowed others to download the work.

I had a few interested in editing the models in Wurm. I have converted all wagon models and ship models I have to an easy to edit PNG file. They are uploaded to my google drive, link is below.

Is this fair no.

I think the best thing to do would be to ask that if the mod is used you are credited, and if you host the mods or share them anywhere have them include a link to that. 

I don't want to share my work thatrs why I never posted it for others to have. I however did share it with a single server when I was shutting mine down which I play on in my spare time.And I do get credit for my work on the server.

Note I did not publish it as a mod to people only 1 guy Reqieum of Wurm.

1 minute ago, Arkonick said:

I'm not saying people can't use the same images I used there royalty free on the web. What My complaint is they didn't do it but claimed so and did not ask me and allowed others to download the work.

I had a few interested in editing the models in Wurm. I have converted all wagon models and ship models I have to an easy to edit PNG file. They are uploaded to my google drive, link is below.

Is this fair no.

You cannot copyright images that you do not own. You cannot threaten legal actions about copyrights on things that you cannot copyright. This legal action threat is a lot of hot air and holds no ground. It maybe rude in your eyes that people use the textures, perhaps they just happened to know how to use photoshop also and found the same image and did the same thing.

Is it rude and no morals that you took the PMK images and pasted them onto the caravel sails? Those were made by players of wurm and you just took them and used them on your own server.

• Like 5

How can a server stand out to attract people if every server has every thing every other server has? It can't which is why WO has to have things WU can't so people want to play there rather than WU pay once free for life.

The same applies to WU servers the competition to attract others to your server.