Sign in to follow this  
Theflash

Cant start client (I'm not going to redownload all the packs... Not again...)

Ever since even before this stable-update; I've been experiencing this error as soon as it finishes downloading and updating the entire graphics packs.

Please help on what i should do. I've followed the other simple tricks on the forum and none worked yet.

'Reboot' - Done; nothing.

'Clear java processes running in task manager' - Done; nothing.

'Run as administrator' - Done; nothing.

Please help. I'm not able to redownload the game again as thats given exceptional problems in the past; and has cost me more money than it should have (as can be seen here)

JpaCKVB.png

Press the cog next to the download progress bar, is experimental checked? If so, uncheck it and just re-verify the packs.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:35 AM, Samool said:

Press the cog next to the download progress bar, is experimental checked? If so, uncheck it and just re-verify the packs.

Experimental is unticked. Verifying the packs just results in the same 'Error: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.back'; Tried a reinstall of Java 64 bit too

I suggest manually deleting the jar-file and then re-verify.

Also make sure you have enough room on your harddrive.

Having the same problem as Theflash. How do I delete the jar-file. I don't want to delete the wrong files.

Edited by Katrat
typo

On 09/06/2017 at 11:31 AM, Theflash said:

Experimental is unticked. Verifying the packs just results in the same 'Error: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.back'; Tried a reinstall of Java 64 bit too

The unable to copy error is usually caused by the .jar file being used, quite possibly another client is still open or one that has/was not closed properly....

Edited by bigsteve