Sign in to follow this  
NeeNee

Central Canal idea?

Hey, Indy folks! It came up in chat today that it's kind of a pain to get from Central Indy to the east coast (Northern Inner Sea to Crystal Lake) without sailing all the way around Dragon Fang. I'm sure someone has brought up a cave canal in this area before, but if not, would anyone with deeds in the area be agreeable to something like this? (Obviously not directly diagonal :D) 

Canal experts, would this even be possible? I'm just throwing this out there. 

YjLABaV.jpg

The amount of old mines in this area would make me shudder :) Let me know how the project goes tho, I'm always eager to see new subways built :D

Just in that top north western square i know of 6 mines, possibly more unseen due to collapsed entrances.

Dragon fang market area would be the biggest hassle, deed size and everything those deed holders have going on there.

Would be interesting and i'd be willing to help.

The deeds and lands on top of Neenee's red line are all thousands of dirt above where any canal would go.  

Used to be very populated, I'll have to go with Ping, so many old mines there.

Is it possible, I'd think it would be with some stongwall and a ton of mining, if there are no deeds or reinforcing along the path.

I thought Deathlemming had  a canal project started at Hell's Harbor  north to Harmony Lake , think they planned a Harmony Lake to Inner Sea also.

^^OH! That would make this all a bit easier. I'll have to hunt them down.