Sign in to follow this  
Ashanaak

[Resolved] Cannot Open Wurm Online (or any Java-based game) in Linux Mint 18.2

Hello!

I've starting dipping my feet into Linux distributions, and I'm currently running Linux Mint 18.2. Although I'm loving it, I'm encountering the same problem I had when using Arch Linux: I cannot open jnlp files in Linux. I currently have java version 1.8.0_144 installed, as well as icedtea-netx, but when I go to open the Wurm Online jnlp file, a download window opens up, reaches 100%, a confirmation window asks if I want to allow this file to access some online stuff, I click yes... And all I'm left with is the Wurm Online logo sitting in the middle of my screen. Nothing happens. No matter how long I wait, no login window comes up; I just have a window with the Wurm Online logo.

Any help would be appreciated! I've encountered this problem in two distros now and I can't run from this problem any longer. I have to face it. Thanks!

I am not a linux person but I seem to recall you could not use ice tea. Although maybe that info is a few years out of date.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Well, I'm not entirely sure what I did, but after a restart, it is now working. I got Wurm Online to properly install, open, and run. I really have no idea what I did right, or what I was doing wrong before. I guess consider this problem resolved?

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm glad it worked out okay in the end!