Sign in to follow this  
rater193

[Alpha] Waypoints

NO MORE GETTING LOST IN THE WOODS! :D

In order to use this mod, you must install the Client Modlauncher mod, and extract the mod to the mods folder!

You can download the mod from here:

https://github.com/rater193/Wurm-Unlimited-Waypoints/releases/

To use the mod, ingame press escape, and click "Waypoint Manager"
Then click "New Waypoint"

Make sure the X, Y, and Z coordinates are what you want

finally click Create Waypoint

You should now see a waypoint where you specified

The default position specified, is your player's current position

A more formated post will come later, i just wanted to get this ready.

Happy modding ;)

• Like 3

This mod sounds awesome, but i cant see a waypoint and if i go to waypoint list, there is nothing in it.

Have you a screenshot how i can see how it looks in game?

Eject

add: as i see now, the current position is not the same like what i see in the compass

Compass:

X: 654,2

Y: 1390,4

Z: 47,0

Waypointmanager:

X: 2616.6936

Y: 4,7

Z: 5561.4863

Edited by Eject

looking at that seems the cords aren't being devided by 4 but also the Z and Y are switched.

8 hours ago, Cuddles said:

looking at that seems the cords aren't being devided by 4 but also the Z and Y are switched.

sorry, i have been busy with work, i will have more time to refine the mod this weekend, the waypoint is created, it creates it where you are standing

move back a bit and you will see the waypoint.

I haven't played with this alot but after I create a waypoint I don't see it being listed under waypoints. I do see the white pyramid to show me where the waypoint is in world but I'm assuming since the header is there is should also be listed in the box.

7 hours ago, LifesaverM said:

I haven't played with this alot but after I create a waypoint I don't see it being listed under waypoints. I do see the white pyramid to show me where the waypoint is in world but I'm assuming since the header is there is should also be listed in the box.

sry, i posted the pre-alpha version, the version is no where near finished

unfortunately, throughout the week, i dont have time to work on it, but i should this weekend.

22 hours ago, Cuddles said:

Wurm uses XY for the horizontal plane and Z as the vertical, everything else is heresy :P

Also this mod is showing coordinates in meters for all axes, while the my compass mod shows X/Y in "tiles" and Z in dirts.

It would be awesome if the waypointmod also is showing the "tiles and dirts" because that are the same coords like the compass and the webmap =)

For what is the Z axe in the waypointmod? is it so, if i set the wrong Z axe the waypoint is underground or in the air?

Eject

On 9/9/2017 at 0:41 AM, Eject said:

It would be awesome if the waypointmod also is showing the "tiles and dirts" because that are the same coords like the compass and the webmap =)

For what is the Z axe in the waypointmod? is it so, if i set the wrong Z axe the waypoint is underground or in the air?

Eject

sry, im new to wurm unlimited lol, this was the first mod i made, because i got annoyed with getting lost.
I will be working again on the mod today, havnt had much time due to the hurricane, and due to work.
the X/Z are your coordinates on the map, while the "Y" is the height

I am making this mod after the minecraft mod, Journeymap.

On 9/8/2017 at 4:53 AM, bdew said:

Wurm uses XY for the horizontal plane and Z as the vertical, everything else is heresy :P

Also this mod is showing coordinates in meters for all axes, while the my compass mod shows X/Y in "tiles" and Z in dirts.

I will add an option in the next update to either use meters, or tiles for creating or editing waypoints

Oh I see what you are doing, you are making a "you are here". Consider having it fire com.wurmonline.client.game.PlayerPosition do a insert after to make the way point update on the public boolean move method :) Map just updates.

On 9/10/2017 at 11:17 PM, Xyp said:

Oh I see what you are doing, you are making a "you are here". Consider having it fire com.wurmonline.client.game.PlayerPosition do a insert after to make the way point update on the public boolean move method :) Map just updates.

the way its setup, the moment you click "create new waypoint" it just gets the player's position and lets u edit what it retreived
then when u click it, it just creates it where u specified(if you didnt change any values, it creates it where you were standing)

Does anyone have a screenshot, so we can see what this looks like?