Sign in to follow this  
Cecci

Sea bottom visability settings?

So, I was gonna map out two huge areas of clay that are in the way of my bridge project,

but now with the new client it all looks the same while swimming.

Since I will have to map a total of 1800 tiles I'd be most happy for some visability!

Sand dirt clay all has same color on all my saved settings I had from before.

What is best setting to become able to see the grey clay tiles well again?

Edited by Cecci

Not really on topic, but another option is that you just ignore the claytiles.

Just raise the needed tiles from the sea with dirt and then transform the clay to dirt with transmutation liquid.

* 0.05kg lemon + 1.0kg zinc to transform clay to dirt

(what settings make you see the bottom good I havent tried out yet)

Edit: (Unless you were already planning on transmutation liquid and just needed to map to see how much liquid you would need, in that case... I wasn't here *ninja*)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Sweetie, the sea bottom is over 1000 slope, dropping enough dirt to become able to transmute them all is not viable,

and we got a change to dredging for a reason: to avoid dirt pyramides.

I have tons of lemons, but not gonna raise all them tiles and then swim to dregde it back when dredge only holds 2 dirt.

I already have a few pyramides to try to remove as it is ;)

On those the base tier is around 300 000 dirt, and it is 32 tiles on the sides. So no, I don't fancy dredging up any more pyramides than I already have to!

I have a gap of 180 tiles left to bridge and I need to make as few dirt pillars as possible.

I will still have to drop on a few tiles but mapping can help me place the dirt pillars where they have as few clay tiles as possible at least.

I'd have prefered to be able to just make each bridge at the max length but will adopt to situation.

You can't level up the clay tiles with a dredge like you can with the other tiles.

I get the "some corners..." message.

For anyone curious, have a look at community map of Xanadu, between the deeds Lavender Sunset and Lavender Bridge.

There you can see the difference in dropping dirt and using a dredge to terraform.

Last dirtpillar to south is a nice pen shape.

Thanks for the tip thou, transmutation liquid rocks!

Still think I should become able to see the claytiles from waterlevel (swimming) with some settings as I could yesterday on the old client.

Edited by Cecci
typo

7 hours ago, Cecci said:

What is best setting to become able to see the grey clay tiles well again?

Just turn off all water reflections. I forget the exact label this is under.

=Ayes=

Just a suggestion, but it might be easier to just use the map dump for this? If you're able to select the bottom tile of the ocean, it should help with counting too.

Here's a gridded map I made for you. I think clay is the darker of the two colours you predominately see other than the dark blue ocean itself, and sand is the brighter one. Tar is the random black splotches, and kelp (maybe marsh?) looks kind of green (you can see a lot of it near the road on the bottom).

Hopefully it helps! :D

https://i.imgur.com/3bWEp1J.jpg

3bWEp1J.jpg

Good luck!

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

Oh thanks sweetie!

And yeah it is the middle blue, the 2 tiles brown are the actual bridge platforms.

I have some sort of small Photoshop and have been considering trying to use that somehow.

I'll do that!

With Photoshop you should be able to zoom it far enough to where it starts displaying a grid per pixel (primarily for the map dump, since they are 1 pixel per tile).

You can also go to Edit > Preferences > Units, and change the Rulers to Pixel (Ctrl + R turns on the Ruler, but I don't really use it).

Then you can use your Rectangular Marquee Tool (the dashed box thing) to select from bridge start to bridge end, and it should display the amount of pixels (or in our case, tiles) that it would require.

So on the map dump, you can do something like this (another 3x36 tile bridge, and then you can see exactly where to level for the 2x3 platform you want after it): 

hd0H36o.jpg

It should be easy enough to then see where you need to level up based upon what's below you.... if you can see/select it.

Good luck!

Edited by Xallo

Yeah it is preferably 38 long and 2 wide, it is also around 1000 under water level so all in all the base need to be 10x10

(plus any tiles I have to drop dirt on,that end up max 40 slopes.

I'll play around a bit with the pixel settings.