Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Extend sleep bonus cap for loyal players

Pretty simple suggestion, just extend the sleep bonus cap for loyal players who want to go on long grinds or stuff.  Something like 30 mins per 6 months of premium you have/had up to 1 hour of sleep bonus added to the cap (per year) if you were prem for 12 months in the past, or bought prem for 12 months. 

It won't imbalance the game, just help grinders (which is pretty much 90% of the wurm population anyway or so? ) and reward those who've been playing and paying for a while now. 

For example if you've paid for 36 months of prem in the past, your cap for SB would be at 8 hours. Would be nice for people who go on vacations and come back with more sleep bonus to get better skills in their adventures and so forth. 

• Like 9

consecutive or total premium time?

id prefer the latter but either way

+1

I'm ok with it, I'd not get much if went with consecutive, I've had 54 months total, but very low on consecutive as have waited to prem over the years waiting to see improvements.

We've pretty much over the years tried to remove all barriers between the haves and have not's, traders, enclosures, dragons respawning, etc. I'll assume this will get shouted down in the end as well.

I like the idea if its overall, as i tend to take 3 month breaks from bulk, as it stands i have 9 hours sb from server downtime etc as i rarely use it, but a larger cap would make me more willing to grind with sb

• Like 1

We don't have a lot of premium based rewards. What do we have anyway? You get some titles which are kinda pointless the more you accumulate total premium time. You get a silly yellow potion per month which at best is funny , assuming you've never used one and at worst it's just one of those things you sac for favor. 

The only real useful thing prem players get is a spyglass and that's about it . Really do premium players get anything besides that? I don't want to mention cutesy stuff like supreme backpacks which are fun, but not really useful. Talking about rewarding players with useful but not game breaking things. 

1 hour ago, elentari said:

We don't have a lot of premium based rewards. What do we have anyway? You get some titles which are kinda pointless the more you accumulate total premium time. You get a silly yellow potion per month which at best is funny , assuming you've never used one and at worst it's just one of those things you sac for favor. 

The only real useful thing prem players get is a spyglass and that's about it . Really do premium players get anything besides that? I don't want to mention cutesy stuff like supreme backpacks which are fun, but not really useful. Talking about rewarding players with useful but not game breaking things. 

You get to increase your skills like every other ftp game that allows sub /non sub, in the old days you couldn't even log into a server besides GV, that was pretty useful.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elentari said:

There are a bunch of rewards that are rewarded if you are premium within that time. Like all the christmas gifts, and the masks.

18 hours ago, elentari said:

Really do premium players get anything besides that? I don't want to mention cutesy stuff like supreme backpacks which are fun, but not really useful. Talking about rewarding players with useful but not game breaking things. 

Premium players get the chance to reach lvl 100, and playing the game itself should be rewarding. And the other reason I -1 one this is because too many suggestions are related to making a method to get skill more easily with a certain requirement. Accessories are cool, but dont make premium rewards be super functional. 1 hour is A LOT of time.

2 hours ago, Rathgar said:

If someone +1 the topic he doesn't need to explain his reasons, couse we can assume that he just agree with the OP.

If someone leaves -1 should explain his reasons.

Writing this, couse I noticed that You very often leave just -1 in many topics.

-1 after all the problems we had with past subscription time based rewards. 

On 9/3/2017 at 1:49 PM, Yiraia said:

Another premium time based reward?

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the spyglasses which I earned on several characters just like everyone else did but had to ask a GM for the 1 spyglass I actually received.  And I'm one of the lucky ones.  Rewards like this might be interesting in theory, but in practice I don't see why it would work any better now than in the past. 

Also, in general, I think veteran type rewards SHOULD be cutesy in nature because veterans are usually already far more wealthy and powerful than everyone else. 

A veteran reward I'd like to see:  after 60 months premium time you get a potion that permanently reduces all your damage resistances by 5%, turns your skin blue, and makes you short.  Combine with the "red reward" to be purple with loss of 10% to all resistances.  This could result in some serious PvP bragging rights... or excuses. 

Edited by Belgrim
added idea

4 hours ago, Belgrim said:

after 60 months premium time you get a potion that permanently reduces all your damage resistances by 5%, turns your skin blue, and makes you short.

Goodness no...

10 hours ago, Wilczan said:

If someone +1 the topic he doesn't need to explain his reasons, couse we can assume that he just agree with the OP.

That is SUPER Biased. Yes +1's reasons come from agreeing, and -1's reasons come from disagreeing. It is important to see why both people agree and disagree.

Would be nice to see some, "+1, Id like an advantage for playing longer than other players. One that is only based off of how long I have been playing, not how much work," or a simple, "+1, Yes!!! another excuse to grind my skills faster."

• Like 1

This would just cause a greater imbalance between new players and the legacy players imo.

I would +1 any idea that gives legacy players something less game breaking, like something cosmetic perhaps. 

• Like 3

-1. Liked the idea when I first read it, but reading thru the thread and I've changed my mind. IMO it's another method of increasing skill gain for newer players, devaluing what other players have already achieved.

Lmao how is this creating imbalances between new and old players, or devaluating what others have, if you're hitting the sleep bonus cap you're barely playing the game, having a 10 hour sleep bonus cap or whatever isnt going to help you grind to 100 faster unless you only play on every other weekend or something.

19 hours ago, Wilczan said:

I also engage in long debates when the situation requires it. This OP does not need much discussion in my opinion. OP wants more benefits for premium, I disagree on the added benefit he proposes, and thats it.

What I really wonder is why you think you have to moderate how I respond to a thread, since when is that your role?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

What I really wonder is why you think you have to moderate how I respond to a thread, since when is that your role?

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Lmao how is this creating imbalances between new and old players, or devaluating what others have, if you're hitting the sleep bonus cap you're barely playing the game, having a 10 hour sleep bonus cap or whatever isnt going to help you grind to 100 faster unless you only play on every other weekend or something.

We all have that moment where we either take a break from the game or grinding in general, and an extra hour of double xp is pretty significant. One more hour of sleep bonus would allow me to have more time to study, and leave others "extra-hour-less" with less time to do whatever they need/want outside of wurm.

People are making the mistake that long-time players are a homogeneous group. They aren't. You can see people who have played for many years barely have a crafting skill in the 90s. This could be because they play infrequently, hate grinding, or both.

Their skills are, overall, pretty mediocre. This is the group (and other infrequent grinders) that would primarily benefit from the extra sleep bonus.

Then there's the hardcore veteran players. They have over a dozen 90+ crafting/resource gathering skills, probably several in the upper 90s. They're draining their SB as fast as it comes in. This group would barely benefit from an increased cap. I would know, since I'm one of them.

Extending the sleep bonus bar won't increase SB gain. The gap between hardcore veterans and more casual veterans or newer players isn't going to expand faster than it already is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hailene said:

Their skills are, overall, pretty mediocre. This is the group (and other infrequent grinders) that would primarily benefit from the extra sleep bonus.

Playing the game for a certain amount of time seems like a poop reason to award this benefit :/ 

1 hour ago, Hailene said:

Then there's the hardcore veteran players. They have over a dozen 90+ crafting/resource gathering skills, probably several in the upper 90s. They're draining their SB as fast as it comes in. This group would barely benefit from an increased cap. I would know, since I'm one of them.

Of course they won't benefit when they are active. But when life calls, and they are gone for a month, they are gonna have 1 extra hour, a significant amount of double xp time