Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

[Fixed] Catseye placement on 2x3 highway bridge is whack.

Yesterday and today I've been laying a line of catseyes to connect my waystone to the main central Indy network.

In my path are two 2x3 bridges -- 2 tiles wide, 3 tiles in length.

For each bridge, to lay catseyes, I've had to:

1) Stand on bridge for planting the first catseye(which makes sense here).

2) Stand on bridge and plant the second catseyeon the EDGE corner of the bridge (so the horizontal edge corner of one side of the junction between the 1st and 2nd tile of the bridge's length).

Second catseyethen does NOT show visible anywhere.

3) Stand on bridge and plant the third catseye at the BOTTOM center tile of the bridge (which is super messed up because that's not the tile that's being planted on).

At that point, the second and third catseye show up in their proper corners in the center of the bridge.

4) Stand off bridge and plant the fourth catseye at the same bottom center tile of the bridge (which makes sense here).

No other method produces planted catseye.

Totally messed up.

Without a screenshot hard to see what you are saying

ps, the title says catseye and the OP says waystones?

Here is a bridge that is 2-tiles wide, and 3-tiles in length:

1t5kpnl.jpg

There is a long line of catseyes approaching the tile corner marked 1.  It's now time to plant catseyes on the bridge, from top to bottom, to continue the line.

1) The first catseye is placed at the top, in the tile corner marked 1.  This is doable as long as you stand on the bridge.  That's fine.

2) The second catseye, which winds up in position 2, cannot be placed in the tile corner marked 2.  Instead, it must be placed in tile corner marked A.

3) The third catseye, which winds up in position 3, cannot be placed in the tile corner marked 3.  Instead, it must be placed in the tile corner marked 4, and you must be standing on the bridge to plant it.

4) The fourth catseye is placed at the bottom, in the tile corner marked 4.  This is doable as long as you stand off the bridge.  That's fine.

After 1), the 1) catseye visually shows where it is supposed to be.

After 2), only the first catseye shows.  The second catseye is not visible.

After 3), the 2) and 3) catseye pop into place -- into the corner tiles 2 and 3 -- where they're supposed to be.

After 4), the catseyes are all placed.

Edited by Finndar

I have not encountered that problem on exodus, have run catseyes on a several bridges.

Server and approximate location of the bridge?   I've not seen this either.

Independence

In-game Map Coordinates: H-19

Community Map Coordinates: 41x, 29y and 42x, 29y

Two 2x3 bridges, around 10 tiles apart, above the red horizontal line drawn below:

txYKbKj.png

Hi, at the moment, may main problem with placing cat eyes on bridges is with tile corners not showing on some corners, making it impossible to plant eyes, also coinciding with paved texture flickering in and out when looking down at paved bridge surface, as shown in my screenshot, no corner box on tile and texture gone in places. My deed is at 4631, -7138 on the Xanadu community map, the bridges i need to protect are on my deed. Something i havent tested is that, there is pavement on the ground below the bridge, will see if destroying it changes things.

fvZ4oSe.jpg

Hang on, we're investigating currently and see the same issue.  Investigation ongoing.

9 minutes ago, Shyruban said:

Hi, at the moment, may main problem with placing cat eyes on bridges is with tile corners not showing on some corners, making it impossible to plant eyes, also coinciding with paved texture flickering in and out when looking down at paved bridge surface, as shown in my screenshot, no corner box on tile and texture gone in places. My deed is at 4631, -7138 on the Xanadu community map, the bridges i need to protect are on my deed. Something i havent tested is that, there is pavement on the ground below the bridge, will see if destroying it changes things.

What type of components have the problem, is it next to / on a double bracing?

7 minutes ago, Tich said:

What type of components have the problem, is it next to / on a double bracing?

On the first bridge that im trying to plant eyes on, the problem tiles is where an butement and a bracing meet right after the support on an arched stone bridge of 22 x 2 tiles, I have not tried the other bridges yet

The bridge is paved in sandstone and so are all the others. it's the beginning of my highway and it starts with 4 bridges totalling a length of 72 tiles, so i foresee lots of bugs there. :)

New info : I checked my other bridges, which are flat instead of arched and i get the exact same problem where i do not get the tile corner box at exact same place, where an abutment meets a bracing.

Edited by Shyruban
added extra info
  • Like 1

Thanks for the details and images. It's much easier to troubleshoot if we have servers, location, images and exact steps and details.   The bug has been identified and is on the list.

• Like 1

@Shyruban what is your ingame players name so i can come and see this bridge.

Or even your deed name.

I am having issues where bracing and abutment bridge tiles meet the tile corner is not showing up. Having same issue on two separate bridges.

YA9YCJs.png

bY5LHbN.png

Edited by Nacciwa
added comment

1 hour ago, Tich said:

@Shyruban what is your ingame players name so i can come and see this bridge.

Or even your deed name.

In game nme : Slowmo

deed name : Pit Stop Slowmo

Thank you Nacciwa, Shyruban and Finndar.  The data for your issues has been added to the bug report.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shyruban said:

fvZ4oSe.jpg

Is that the top of the bridge where it meets land? Try hopping on a cart or wagon and approach it from either side, because its steep the corner tile you need is actually on the dirt tile under the bridge, not the bridge itself and it is hard to see this tile unless you get the angle just right, I had this problem on the test server but a bit of height seemed to make it easier to see the tile corner on the dirt slope.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Is that the top of the bridge where it meets land? Try hopping on a cart or wagon and approach it from either side, because its steep the corner tile you need is actually on the dirt tile under the bridge, not the bridge itself and it is hard to see this tile unless you get the angle just right, I had this problem on the test server but a bit of height seemed to make it easier to see the tile corner on the dirt slope.

No thats not it, i thought of that the first thing, it's a bug where abutment and bracing meet.

on my deed it that same problem im on independances. deed Oracle ,tile corner in some pleces on bridge not showing up or showing i wrong place like in Finndar case.

The case refers to two bridges, third is ok.

foto 1

foto 2

foto 3

Edited by Payung

1 hour ago, Payung said:

on my deed it that same problem im on independances. deed Oracle ,tile corner in some pleces on bridge not showing up or showing i wrong place like in Finndar case.

The case refers to two bridges, third is ok.

foto 1

foto 2

foto 3

I've gathered your data and added it to the bug details.  Thanks for your report.  All issues seem to be the corner joint between an abutment and bracing or abutment and support.

Hi. Also having the problem. Placed a couple of catseyes that i had to overlap, then all of a sudden have no option on any corners of my 20x2 bridge. Bridge is in Cele N12 area.

24 minutes ago, Syd said:

Hi. Also having the problem. Placed a couple of catseyes that i had to overlap, then all of a sudden have no option on any corners of my 20x2 bridge. Bridge is in Cele N12 area.

(did you try my workaround - with corner "A" marked in post #3 in this thread?)