Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Pond (tiny lake)

If you dig a water source tile down lower than it's surrounding tiles, right click it to add to craft window and "create pond".  Requires 10 clay for the water tile and all 9 surrounding tiles, so 100 clay total. Must have the 70 dig skill to create.  At 80 dig, you can increase to a 4x4.  90 a 5x5 and 100 a 6x6.  Can be longer, or different shapes, much like buildings.  The water tile must always be lower than the surrounding tiles to fill.

Can now grow rice, reeds and kelp on a mountain.

• Like 7

+1! I'd also love if we could tame some more sea creatures and keep them in ponds like we can keep land creatures in pens...

you can make a pool along the shore and agro drag in sharks, sea serpents and whatever from the lakes/oceans in, then quickly close them off.  Works well.  Can't tame the serpents though, but probably can sharks and other critters?  I haven't tried myself.  The blue outline critters can be cared for to keep them alive.  I have a cared for blue whale on Pristine, that has been swimming in the waters off my deed for about 2 years now.

You can't tame or dominate sharks, dolphins, sea serpents, octopi or whales. I've tried getting sharks and dolphins to chase me to water pens, but it hasn't worked so far. They just refuse to follow me. Sharks just insist on swimming in circles, and they won't chase me when I get even a tiny step out of range. Dolphins just non-aggro and swim away. Is there a trick to getting them into pens?

oh wow, what a bummer on the taming and dragging.  I just assumed, since I did the serpent drag all that distance to my pool. Sorry for spreading confusion there.