Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Impalong 2018 -- Glasshollow Market

Xyonado will be joining for carp and fine carp.

...and maybe some ship building, if anyone is interested.

I'll also take a room if you still have one available.

Edited by Xandaros

I'll volunteer my skills when I can (Dirk in game). I can do plate armor smithing (84), blacksmithing (85). Also, my fletching, carpentry and leatherworking are all +70 and J-smith is close. If there is a room available I'll take one =).

I can donate these things. Please let me know if they're needed:

200 90ql iron

1k 99.9 ql garlic

>100x 75 ql steel lumps

200x 60 ql steel lumps

300x 80ql gold lumps

I can also cook up some bronze for dioptra. Didn't see that on the list yet. 

Edited by Dirt

So these are probably complete newbie questions, but it's my first Impalong, so I'm just going to go ahead and ask. 

Is the event open to newer Players who may not have too much to offer in the way of imping skills?  Or is everyone expected to contribute to imping?

And, considering I'm on another server and it's going to be a fairly significant journey, is there food available or should a bring a stock of my own?  I mean, I guess I could always go fishing for some food, but it'd be good to know what to bring.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Sjarn said:

So these are probably complete newbie questions, but it's my first Impalong, so I'm just going to go ahead and ask. 

Is the event open to newer Players who may not have too much to offer in the way of imping skills?  Or is everyone expected to contribute to imping?

And, considering I'm on another server and it's going to be a fairly significant journey, is there food available or should a bring a stock of my own?  I mean, I guess I could always go fishing for some food, but it'd be good to know what to bring.

Thanks!

Usually any and all help is definitely appreciated at Impalongs, whether high skill or not. Just ask the staff when you get there. They'll direct you to the supplies and such.

For food, definitely take some for the journey as it is a long sail. I believe there's a kitchen there at Glasshollow that will have food available.

Safe travels and have a great time!

4 hours ago, Sjarn said:

Thanks!

Impalongs are especially geared toward newer players.  To expand on PandyLynn's response; Its ok if your skills are not up to imping, contributing can come in many forms, even simple things such as helping keep water barrels filled or forges hot is a huge help.  Food is typically available once the event is in full swing, I usually pack some supplies just in case.  Bring yourself and all your improvable gear (starter gear usually is not improvable).  Above all, enjoy the company.  I remember my very first impalong fondly.  I felt a little out of place at first, but it passes quickly as you get the feel for what its all about.

T

Thanks, I really appreciate the responses!  And I'm definitely willing to help out wherever I can.  I am most looking forward to meeting people and experiencing the event.

• Like 1

I can do low ql imping. Blacksmithing (about 50), Carpentry about 60.

• Like 1

I'll probably show up at some point. I can offer Carpentry to 79 and and Fine Carpentry to 70, should anyone need that.

Oh, and I'll bring beer too.

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 1

just bring whatever you got...  in storage still alot of room :D  list updated

Spell casters at Glasshollow Market Impalong 2018.. did you notice anything peculiar in the screenie below?

0NkNNDT.jpg

<spoiler>

Nothing really peculiar about a tower guard sleeping on duty. Unless this is an example of a tower guard casting assist?

... naa... he's asleep I'll bet'cha...

4ppA90X.jpg

TeeeBOMB screenies :-)

Looks like we broke Xanadu :(

KIQryVM.jpg

Hope is fixed soonest !

Edited by TeeeBOMB
add forum trouble call link

whaha bad news for devs! :D  do not use your bells so much!

• Like 1

wew impalong 2018 lol

NJYrPV7.png

You thought I was joking about the 'nonsense' part of my earlier post. Big mistake!

33awb5g.jpg

since everyone on holidays we made own news!

what is going on right now?

its 10 days of impalong started today!  check it out

some images:

2wohz77.jpg

e0sxm0.jpg

oarcqo.jpg

110iplv.jpg

this is all for this year!   GHM team wish everyone  marry xmas and happy new year!   

• Like 1