Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Impalong 2018 -- Glasshollow Market

At the impalong 2014 it was a serious problem for the priests that sermons was in another building.

As I tend to help out at sermons this is sad news that they are still not in same building as the workshops.

Big minus for the priest skilling then.

I must say that I oppose to having Impalongs at same locations we already went to.

That is the reason I am not going to Shrimps.

Now it has been three years since last time Rocky/Sila held one so I might come!

• Like 2

I don't have a problem with two impalongs at the same time, close together or at the same spot yearly. What's tough for me is I cannot be in two places at once. We all know that the smiths and priests get slammed the first few days of an Impalong. That's why they need as many volunteers as possible. :(

I'll see if I can attend. If I didn't have such an erratic play hour, I'd probably be there. I have some kills I need to grind xD

we would have sermon area into blacksmithing room  but casting tools stays at church.

to make clear about shrimpalong.. only word about it was told in topic  Freedom Isles / Freedom Isles Market Want To Buy / Supplies  

and yes we cant send him pm for clarification

Edited by Sila

So there's going to be two Christmas impalongs..at the same time? That's like trading in a Cadillac for two Hyundais, no?

• Like 2

-

Edited by punishlife
Offer rescinded as was never contacted/confirmed my offer to help

I think it is great to have two impalongs at the same time but on different servers--doesn't bother me at all.  They are also very close to each other, shouldn't be a problem to hop back and forth if the wind at all cooperates.  I suggest that the organizers of both consider a taxi service between the two--I know I'd be happy to participate in providing that.

I do have concerns about the priest area being so far away.  In my view the current standard for impalong building design is multiple floors that packs as many as possible into that 4-tile area.

Put me down for the logs.

-

Edited by punishlife
Offer rescinded as was never contacted/confirmed my offer to help

Well i for one dont see how this is more or less the "official" implalong, when was it voted ? i rather see it hosted by another server due to a few reasons namly:

- Lag on xanadu are bad normaly, it should be nearly horrible when addinh a ton of players in the same area.

- Implalongs should be held by diffrent deeds and not by one that have hosted one already

- Where are the vote saying it should be the official implalong ?

Given the above reasons i will probably not visit the impalong, i dispise lag and the fact that id need to live with it for days...

And i know how much work it takes to do a impalong but if the comunity comes together it shouldnt be an issue building up a impalong deed on one of the less occupied servers.

Edited by Daash
  • Like 5

Why all the different buildings for imping ? Usually people try to make everything fit in one big building so that priests can benefit from the presence of guests and impers, and it's also a lot easier to have all the forges in on place for the smithing for instance.. As you have them, JS and WS are in different buildings than the rest of the smiting skills.. and everyone has to walk 30-50 tiles to get to the kitchen.. when that could have been the central part of the impalong building..

Looks to me like a rushed plan to make them fit, not something that was built with an impalong in mind..

I love going to impalongs, I have to see first what's the idea with two of them.. have you had any discussion with Shirimpie about this since it will probably split the player base between the two ?

Edit:

Also, i don't know how, but you do need to take into consideration the lag.. And i'm not talking about the usual Xanadu lag here.. but the lag that will happen with all the people in local, and with all the creatures that GM's will eventually spawn in a controlled area (that i don't currently see in your plan).. If Enki shows up and starts spawning stuff out in the open.. we are all going to die.. several times over :)) (He enjoys watching us die.. don't give him the satisfaction)

Edit2: 

The name is also confusing.. since i'ts a Christmas event, not a new year's eve event, maybe you should rename it to 2017 Impalong.. since it's for Christmas 2017 :)

Edited by faty
  • Like 2

I agree with Faty. Having everyone away from the sermon area is a huge blow to Sermons and favor gain. There is still time though! Any way this can be accomodated?

sermons area will be located in difrent spot then chruch,  where all the castings and vegs will be.       no bulking ppl in 1 house this year. use difrent inpalong for that.

Edited by Sila

Moving people to do sermons tends to cause disruptions for both casters and people that will afk near to help the sermoning priests.  If the houses are next to each other, then people will not be all in one house but hopefully would be able to get the advantage of the people in the house.  Not having done a house with many floors, I do not know how that affects sermons or disease.

• Like 2

+1 for a rowboat circuit race that would connect the two impalong locations :)

Edited by faty

Here's the confirmation people have been asking for for the past two days:

So I really suggest you folks talk to one another before the community gets even more devided.

Thorin :)

• Like 3

It would be great if they do it back to back. We can go be lazy at one location, then another! Have people imp stuff for everyone (or get skills ourselves!) Would be lovely.

well all depend on shrimpiie we didnt have any word jet as i says before we cant pm him here or ingame.  but if he pickup days before 22th dec that can workout

here at glasshollow all is ready for party, we just colect more bulk and rewards and sortout list of inprove team.

and i workout on more decorations! bahaha

Edited by Sila

4 hours ago, Sila said:

well all depend on shrimpiie we didnt have any word jet as i says before we cant pm him here or ingame.  but if he pickup days before 22th dec that can workout

here at glasshollow all is ready for party, we just colect more bulk and rewards and sortout list of inprove team.

and i workout on more decorations! bahaha

I don't think xanadu folks ever leave xanadu so a impalong on another server should not conflict much at all =p

There is are two crates named "4 Impalong- Wulfmaer" containing 500 clay next to the 'Weaponsmithing, Jewelry and Pottery Room (Slate T arch) section. just NE of the Colossus of Vynora.   The guards kindly informed me I couldn't push it any closer =)