Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

Aging Rice Wine and Mead and some other alchohol improvments

Allow Rice Wine and Mead to improve while aging like wine. I don't see a reason for them not to improve ql like wine over time and it's absolute bummer that they don't and i consider it a bug that needs to be fixed rather than suggestion tbh. Beer i'm fine not aging as it's not the case in real life. Not sure about cider should it age as i'm not familiar with it much. Also improve affinity bonus time on fruit brandys to be equal or better with regular brandy, last time i checked it sucked compared to normal one for same ql of beverage. And allow us more flavours like coconut and pineaple. I would like to see more new recepies for alchoholes, expecially distilled ones as they are very fun for me to make and make decent substitution for affinities instead of unnatural overpowered meals. There are plenty more of them that arent in game yet(at least that i know of) like kvas, kumis, tequila, vermuth, sake...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

Allow Rice Wine and Mead to improve while aging

Typically sake doesn't improve with age.  Seems like that's where many people's thoughts will go when "rice wine" is mentioned.  So maybe not so much rice wine?

But +1 to anything that makes mead better!

17 hours ago, Belgrim said:

Typically sake doesn't improve with age.  Seems like that's where many people's thoughts will go when "rice wine" is mentioned.  So maybe not so much rice wine?

But +1 to anything that makes mead better!

Really? I'm not that familiar with that types of drinks i thought it behaves like wine because of it's name, i think sake and rice wine are different thinks, and that sake needs to be distiled or some types of sake as i understood there are several different types. Maybe someone knows. As for the mead i'm almost certain it gets better with time. There is also distilled type of alcoholic beverages with honey, something like mead brandy as far as i know.

I would like to know if someone know if cider behave like beer or wine with time in real life?

Edited by kochinac

On 9/1/2017 at 0:41 PM, kochinac said:

i think sake and rice wine are different thinks

There have to be like 50 kinds of rice wine and sake is one of them:

From wikipedia:

Sake - A rice wine from Japan. The most widely known type of rice wine in North America because of its ubiquitous appearance in Japanese restaurants.  (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_wine)

But yeah, I believe mead does get better with age at least to some point.