Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Combat Potions Fixes

[16:12:14] A small flask containing an oily substance that glows in the dark.

I have no idea if these are useless or OP, that isn't what this is about, this is about some of their weird behaviors.

First off, they're one of the fastest-decaying items in the game if dropped - beating light tokens by 5 times, and matching those deed border markers. That's just weird.

Suggestion: Raise their decay time. Even matching light tokens would be better than what it is.

Second, they can only drop if you sacrifice items totaling between 10 and 50 favor. The chance does not increase as you get nearer 50 favor, it's always 5%. This sudden stopping at 50 favor is a weird inconsistency.

Suggestion: Allow potions to be given for sacrificing over 50 favor worth of stuff.

-1 These are supposed to be a bit more "rare". They don't do much as for PvP besides giving a small boost in your CR. 

They also don't decay at all in your inventory.

Could you explain why you've given it a -1 better, please? You seem to have provided reasons why such changes would be inconsequential - not bad. This type of suggestion isn't fighting for dev time.

As far as the rarity goes, I can get the standard drops by doing my sacrifices in 2 loads (that's 2x as many potion chances as after my change!). This isn't a proper gatekeeper of rarity - it's just an annoyance.