Sign in to follow this  
e7seif

Number of Sprouts Collected

I love making hedges on my deeds, but it can be excruciating trying to collect enough sprouts to complete hedge fencing.  Why not base the number of sprouts received on Forestry skill?

I can see this getting out of hand pretty quickly; I say this as someone who has nearly 5,000 maple sprouts stocked up.

A simpler solution would be to give a discount on the number of sprouts needed based on gardening skill.

I'm not one that generally says something is super easy but hedges come pretty close in my book.  I don't think the items needed is out of line at all.  Super easy to get the amount of sprouts for it.  But I know it doesn't seem that way when you need a few made.

1 hour ago, Pashka said:

I'm not one that generally says something is super easy but hedges come pretty close in my book.  I don't think the items needed is out of line at all.  Super easy to get the amount of sprouts for it.  But I know it doesn't seem that way when you need a few made.

I guess I make a lot of fencing for animal breeding, and I love the hedge look.   Also, I like to use camellias for the medium fence you don't have to maintain.  Finding large fields of camellias is hard and making a field big enough to be worth it is harder.  (I have made some small fields.)  In one large wild field I'll collect maybe 200 a visit and that's never enough to do all the fencing I need to do.  I also move deeds every so often so need to repeat the process, so I guess that's why it has become such a big issue for me.  

I've also played on the WU server Sklotopolis where they give 5 sprouts every time you pick a sprout, which I love.  But I'd even be happy with two or three more, each time.  I just don't really see a downside to giving a few more sprouts. (Based on skill of course.)  People could get more creative with hedges and tree planting.  The only downside I could think of is crazy hedges all over undeeded land...but then, they are so easy to get rid of, so...

Another idea I'd be cool with is if a couple of other bush types could be used to make medium fencing. :)

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

I can see this getting out of hand pretty quickly; I say this as someone who has nearly 5,000 maple sprouts stocked up.

A simpler solution would be to give a discount on the number of sprouts needed based on gardening skill.

I'd be totally cool with this idea too...Or something similar.  But how do you see it getting out of hand?  Also, why do you have 5000 maple sprouts?  You don't need to collect them.  You can prune instead. xP

+1

No need to call the fun police on this happy thought.

Not like hedges are permanent or protected by magical rules, they are easy to take down.  Who cares if the OP can put them up a little faster.  Really not anyone else's business, and even if it were, that's no reason not to implement something.

I'm sure a public representative is rushing this back to his bosses as fast as possible for implementation in next week's patch!  Woohoo!

• Like 1