Sign in to follow this  
GilwenAistrinas

Small Carts, Feeding Troves and BSB/FSB Storage

Hi! I have motion sickness - and quite a severe such. I love WURM and it is a nce game, that sometimes causes me very dizzy. Because it is first person to start with, but I can normally play for some hours a day, sometimes even more than that, if I take small breaks. :) So first of all: thanks for a lovely game!

Suggestions: When harvesting, botinizing, foraging and so forth, we get loaded and walk slowly (which makes me dizzy). I tried using my large cart with 2 horses pulling it, but the jumping up and getting down to move it, made me dizzy. Just picking up logs using it, makes me dizzy after a few minutes - I have to ask for help. However, the small cart... Dragging it makes me too slow - I, weirdly enough, get dizzy from that. So I thought: When I was 12, I helped a farmer out with his harvest. He had one horse hitched and was leading it. He asked me to hold it, and that he might as well hook up a mitton and ask it to counterweight 3 ton sand :P. It isn't easy. So.. my suggestion is that we may hitch one horse that can be lead (we cannot ride the cart, and it cannot be lead whilst on another cart), at around 22 body strength and body control, up to a small cart which we then can lead whilst harvesting/botinizing/foraging/feeding all our animals. It would most likely help many more than just me. (And would not be a shortcut for having a cart pulled, as you need the strength and body control) :)

Feeding troves: food on the ground is messy and, naturally, decays swifter than when in something. How about feeding troves? They've been used for absolutely ages, and let the food decay at least a little slower? :) Makes the animals happier, looks tidier and we don't have to scrape food from their hides :P

Last one: Hurray for crate racks! Our deeds look so much tidier! \o/ How about racks for BSBs and FSBs as well? Or some sort of storage arrangements for them? To tidy our deeds/buildings up? :) Would definitely need to be bigger than the crate racks, as a full BSB isn't a small thing. I suggest a little ladder on the side as well, for the looks and to make it make more sense - same for FSBs :) To make the racks for FSBs, so it basically looks like the racks, but with a ladder to access (and you might as well let us build a ladder for them that is added to the crafting "recipe".) Would make sense, right? And farmers have always used different methods to squeeze stuff in, so it is not things that wouldn't make sense. :) 

Hope you'll like my suggestions, thanks for reading regardless and I pray and hope they fell in good soil and will one day be added :P

Again, thanks for a really nice game! :)

Best regards,

GilwenAistrinas

• Like 2

You wont get dizzy from cooking, smithing, and mining.

join a deed (or attract villagers to your deed), with players who do the farming and lumber work, and supply the mats to you. in return your cooking skill will become very high and they will be able to work better, gathering better for you.

Motion sickness does make it difficult, and dangerous if you have to take a break in a dangerous area.

Fence your deed, or hire a templar to protect you from mobs and take regular breaks when you feel sickness starting

you can slowly train yourself to become more resistant, and play for longer. but it takes a long time.

stay safe and don't do too much at a time.

You could also try playing windowed rather than full screen, if you have a 1920x1080 desktop, try a window size of 1200x900 or similar.

The desktop background around the window may give you some stability.

As for your suggestions;

I've always wanted the small cart to be single mount hitchable. so many possibilities.

Most animal breeders would like a Feeding Trough / Manger to keep the pens tidy.

I think everyone wants BSB/FSB racks!

• Like 1

Atm the animal npc's can't open and take things from containers, but let's hope they can in the future!

• Like 2

(I always play windowed, I'm playing together with my boyfriend, and good days, I help out with farming, feeding our animals, mining, cutting trees and whatnot. I need his help to pick up all the logs from the ground though, as I notice that I get dizzy doing that. If it is only a few trees, I can, but he normally does all that. We have 2 templars on one deed, 1 on the other, I'm working on fencing one in and we will eventually have all 3 deeds fully fenced and safe. When I'm in dizzy-trouble, he comes to the rescue, so I am fine. Bad days, I cannot be in 1st person at all, so he takes care of everything those days. So think I'm basically following your suggestions :P Thanks for the thought though, it is very sweet of you! :) )

As suggestions go: mmm..! And fair enough, as it is a small cart, that one cannot drive it, but would be nice to be able to hitch it and have the animal leadable. :P If not a horse, How about a cow? :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GilwenAistrinas said:

As suggestions go: mmm..! And fair enough, as it is a small cart, that one cannot drive it, but would be nice to be able to hitch it and have the animal leadable. :P If not a horse, How about a cow? :) 

Leave the cows alone!!

You could use a bull to pull a small cart, they always spawn in groups and get fat doing nothing along water line, they're slow when pulling a large cart, so one - lead'able - to pull a small cart would work well and sort of fitting the "medieval' ambient of the game.

• Like 1