Sign in to follow this  
elvenwing

Gold mirror???

I thought this was a thing..... is it not going to happen? Was it forgotten about? Were we lied to?

Web shop items
A lot of discussion has revolved around purchasable items from the web shop. Our plans for stage one are the Golden mirror, which will allow players to change genders (and then looks) which has been a long desired item. We also plan to include several trader items as well. Beyond that we will continue to look at potential items and the best way to implement them. There have been many thoughts on this (both positive and negative) and they are all things that have been raised and discussed internally as well, we will take these steps slowly to ensure they come out and integrate as smoothly as possible, without compromising the core of Wurm's focus on player created worlds.

It's not clear if these were added or just "in the works". Sheep and bridges took about five years to make it in game, so three months is nothing yet. 

I am not even sure iof the so-called "web shop" is functioning yet, apparently I have forgotten my password >.>

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

No lie, just works in progress!

There's a lot going on behind the scenes and it becomes more than a simple addition, but it is in the works, still underway and we're also looking at other possible items to have available via this setup when it launches. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

n-n-n-ame change

B-b-but what about your hard earned notoriety reputation?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

B-b-but what about your hard earned notoriety reputation?

If i could like this more than once i would.  I for one wouldn't want to play a game where someone could change their name in essence resetting their reputation, when reputation is a Huge part of the game.

• Like 2

if you examine the player it could be the same as when you change kingdom (Horde of the summoned but has blood from Mol Rehan) or whatever it says.

If a player changes names it could say Nocturnes former known as "Oldfattroll" when examined or something.

But I see how name change could be troublesome for pvp locals, as paranoid as ppl are already :P

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

They do have them, got one from Retro while on test to change from a female toon to a male toon.

5 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

if you examine the player

In trade chat. 

[09:31:59] <NameNumber 1> (Ind) wts rares/supremes http://x.imgur.com/xxxx.png new stuff! pm offers, wts supreme rares fantastics, scale hide armor

Can't examine him. Oh wait scams folks ect...

Hey magic mirror mike time...

In trade chat. 

[09:31:59] <NameNumber 2> (Ind) wts rares/supremes http://x.imgur.com/xxxx.png new stuff! pm offers, wts supreme rares fantastics, scale hide armor

Scams even More folks..

How the F are you gonna examine them.

No, Absolutely NO to name changes of any form.

• Like 3

Yes., I see your point about scamming but there are some who have male characters with male names and vise versa, who would like to change the sex and the name, for personal reasons, not to scam anyone.

There is no way to tell if it is to scam or not.  Sometimes it might seem one way to be another.  I just do not agree with name changes.  If you buy a character, good or bad, you will need to deal with the character in every way it comes.

• Like 2

Well, if you are a scammer you can just make another character or buy another, which ever is more convenient and keep scamming. We can not stop those that are scammers. Preventing others from enjoying the game by stopping or preventing game advancements, out of irrational fear is no way to live.

Besides, if it does happen, I'm sure there will be a price to pay for a name and sex change.

Edited by Evalla
  • Like 2

On 29/8/2017 at 9:36 PM, Retrograde said:

No lie, just works in progress!

There's a lot going on behind the scenes and it becomes more than a simple addition, but it is in the works, still underway and we're also looking at other possible items to have available via this setup when it launches. 

@Retrograde thats good news, that the item is already created.

So, what does the item currently change? Apearance? Gender? name?

1 year later

P-p-p-pretty pleeeaase, golden mirror/silver mirror anything to the webshop or elsewhere!

What happened? Im still ugly and need help!

Halp! Fix Nocturnes face! Mirrors on traders for now plox!

• Like 2

It wont matter if you add Oleander hedges and new beautiful water physics to make the game look better, my face will still make the game look like ######. 

Priority!?

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

Iguess the issue for the devs correspond to certain titles being male / female specific.

But yeah, I hope it will happen soon :)

I would settle for a silver mirror, since you cant get them either anymore

28 minutes ago, Nocturnes said:

I would settle for a silver mirror, since you cant get them either anymore

Same, would be awesome.

• Like 1

If you could change the name only one time, and not more, that would be great. Even if youd have to fill out a form so Enki could investigate you 10 years from the day tou change your name. Please!

• Like 2

There was a time when I was very much against name changes because of reputation, etc.  But characters get passed around so much that you don't really know who you're talking to from one encounter to the next anyway, except with close friends, so why not allow name changes?  Amounts to the same thing, to my mind.  +1 the suggestion .

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 3

*agrees with Evalla and Amadee*

Not adding the Name Change option out of fear that it will enable or enhance scamming is really an overreaction to what would be a shallow cover for only a short period of time until the old character of the new character is once again revealed by their actions. If the option were only available through the Wurm Shop for a reasonable fee with some time restriction before doing it again it could generate some good income for the game since it seems that there a number of people that would make use of it in a positive manner. Myself, I created all my own characters and chose the names I wanted for them, so personally I would have no interest in making use of it. Still, I see it as a good option for others if desired.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Were suggested many times, that with name change option could be included feature, that displays old name for certain period of time. For example:

Wolfman

"known as Wilczan"

I'm in agreement with those that say it really doesn't matter if a name changes or not. You never know for sure who you are talking with. Even if it is a name you recognize, there is absolutely no way to know if it is the same person you have dealt with before without playing 20 questions. 

I have a couple of toons that were made for a spur of the moment need and then ended up lasting to long with too many skills to throw away. So wouldn't mind changing their names, but probably wouldn't anyway.

As far as changing appearances, I simply don't understand the issue. I assume it is some kind of coding issue, but other than that I can't fathom a reason not to allow it. Of course on Epic we all pretty much run around with armor on all the time so nobody sees what we look like anyway. Perpetual case of helmet head.

• Like 2