Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Change how locate artifact locates pmk crowns

6 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Can we take a second to explain and make sure it's understood that the crown is not on the ground and it's in the former chief's inventory because the crown dropping after abdicating was a bug

seeing that it is a nodrop item carried by a person because the bug was fixed, you can't even go hunting for the crown

@JakeRivers

If there is a crown laying around, you have a pvp solution for that don't you?

Explain more please, i feel like your logic wasnt even hitting the limit. Do i have to do what you do and clearly buy enemy accounts/access deeds/crowns/items???? not sure, can you advise me please in how you play

Are you suggesting I try to buy enemy accounts with crown on and screw a kingdom over???? is that the pvp solution?????

Edited by Mclavin

7 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Can we take a second to explain and make sure it's understood that the crown is not on the ground and it's in the former chief's inventory because the crown dropping after abdicating was a bug

seeing that it is a nodrop item carried by a person because the bug was fixed, you can't even go hunting for the crown

ab·di·cate
ˈabdəˌkāt/
verb

1. (of a monarch) renounce one's throne.
    "in 1918 Kaiser Wilhelm abdicated as German emperor"
    synonyms: resign, retire, stand down, step down, bow out, renounce the throne; More

• fail to fulfill or undertake (a responsibility or duty).
      "the government was accused of abdicating its responsibility"
      synonyms: disown, reject, renounce, give up, refuse, relinquish, repudiate, abandon, turn one's back on, wash one's hands of; More

so the king quits being king and drops the crown how is saying you dont want to be king anymore a bug?

i know right? it is litterally the meaning of the word. I dont understand why he doesnt get it

so when kings and queens of the land no longer wish to be queen or king, they just go somewhere and hide the crown, I heard queen mary hid her crown under the bed, totally wasn't put somewhere safe/passed on to the next queen/king, they use to have to play a game called locate the crown and the winner was king/queen.

At this point im 100% sure if i lost my kingdoms crown JakeRivers would claim 50% is too easy and it should be reduced to 0.000000001% and suggest I buy a diverse range of priest accounts to spam locate and find it. :)

Edited by Mclavin

9 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

so when kings and queens of the land no longer wish to be queen or king, they just go somewhere and hide the crown, I heard queen mary hid her crown under the bed, totally wasn't put somewhere safe/passed on to the next queen/king, they use to have to play a game called locate the crown and the winner was king/queen.

At this point im 100% sure if i lost my kingdoms crown JakeRivers would claim 50% is too easy and it should be reduced to 0.000000001% and suggest I buy a diverse range of priest accounts to spam locate and find it. :)

no they drop it in the water and then have devs do for them what they didnt understand on their own, come on read the posts higher up.

then have devs do for them

Sparta? Red Dragon Riddles? oh no sorry, so many occasions where each kingdom has had to ask a GM to step in, weird how this is such a big thing tbh.

but ok anyway, since then it was fixed so not sure how what has happened in the past is relevant to todays mechanics or this thread. ya'll sound outdated

Edited by Mclavin

Well I suppose with kingdoms being as common as noobie deeds on xanadu there could be a reasonable request to omit the crown from the spell, but how about you just take this one step further.

Have the spell changed to the same as locate soul where you just input the artifact or crown you are looking for, optional could be upon successful cast, the artifact drops right into your inventory.

yeah sounds almost as dumb as using magical teleportation to go from deed to deed

75f00b7742a23dfd3708c986c893248f.png

Edited by Mclavin

yeah right? why change something that does exactly what the word means? these changes are odd sometimes

why change something that does exactly what the word means? these changes are odd sometimes

yeah like changing locate artifacts to actually locate artifact and not a crown 50% of the time

at least we agreed in the end, thanks m8

imo, locating the pmk crown is wayyyyyy too easy, yup, should make that a 1% chance, do we agree? Or do we just keep things easy here????

Edited by Mclavin

well i wouldnt say it was easy, it did take an hour and a half of swimming to pick it up at the server border when macedon ran off

oh sounds fun, but seems like that story still doesnt have any relevance with this change :P since the ability to dump a crown was a bug/has been fixed. So we shouldn't be able to go find the crown.

Edited by Mclavin

well it happening when you click a button that basically means quit makes sense. and having the ability to locate it when not being worn makes sense. Im not sure I understand why the ability to drop it was removed. I mean if a king decides to quit chaos now and were to go to freedom what happens to the crown if he isnt able to just drop it at his capital?

i don't know the answer, somebody might chip in.

But locating a crown shouldn't be a 50% chance still, so theres that.

maybe make it a higher difficulty because of the nature of the crown compared to an artifact? It should be hard to find but also should be an item that can be dropped if desired by the king.

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I am sure you will bend retro's ear or smeagan and get the change rammed through.

Woahhhh hold up there a second... When did I become so influential??

Wish someone told me I had the power to make changes, then maybe it wouldn't have taken 2 years for a few of my well supported suggestions to get through. Hell even my beloved old Elevation might not have been reset into the awful map it is now and Valrei might be more user friendly. Hit me up and let me know whos ear I need to whisper in because I'm dying to know!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

When did I become so influential??

The moment you turned hota into a no build zone. A area that used to be a playground with pvp solutions for changes made to it.

Sorry mate I heard about that the same time as anyone else and it never crossed my mind prior.

9 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

The moment you turned hota into a no build zone. A area that used to be a playground with pvp solutions for changes made to it.

Awh you're just in a whole world of hurt aren't you. There is a pvp solution for that. 

Bump

This has happened yet again on Chaos, where a kingdom has taken off the crown which interrupts the locate arti cast. As is, locating artis is a long and tedious process, but with the added 50% chance to locate the dropped kingdom crown instead of artis it makes it a pure waste of time to even try locating them. Please, fix this; it's absolutely ridiculous!