Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

[Released] PVEpLands More Potables - Plant "anything" in a pot like herbs and spices!

And I really mean "anything".

This mod was made for the PVEpLands server earlier this year, and I've gotten the express wish for it to be released as open source after some time of exclusive availability. I haven't heard too much about it, but you'll be able to use it to some hilarity (or serious purpose).

Key features:

• Can plant, grow, and harvest almost anything in a pot like herbs and spices.
  • Freely configurable.
  • The model displayed is chosen by a seeded RNG from the existing ones, unfortunately there are no models for planted odd items.
  • Config can be reloaded without restarting the server.

Download: https://github.com/dmon82/MorePotables/releases

Not too much to spoil here so let's get to it. You can specify any item template ID in the config file, to be able to be potable. This can be iron longswords, copper lumps, or chicken eggs. Of course if you want to keep it sane, you can put tomatoes, woad, or mixed grass. Really almost anything seems to work.

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 6

\o/ - This will allow me to not have to hack the potables code. I'm working on introducing a new plant or two on the server and sorta not wanting to mess with crops. If they can be grow in pots, problem solved. :D

14 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

Can you guys plant Woad????

Yep, potting woad is what the mod was initially made for, and is the only default item enabled to be planted in a pot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulviirala said:

Yep, potting woad is what the mod was initially made for, and is the only default item enabled to be planted in a pot.

That is awesome!!! Thank you very much you are a super star!!

On 8/29/2017 at 4:41 AM, Ulviirala said:

Not too much to spoil here so let's get to it. You can specify any item template ID in the config file, to be able to be potable. This can be iron longswords, copper lumps, or chicken eggs. Of course if you want to keep it sane, you can put tomatoes, woad, or mixed grass. Really almost anything seems to work.

Do we add a comma then space between items?  Like this:  440, 464, 246

...or no space, like this:  440,464,246

Or does it matter?

20 minutes ago, Batta said:

Do we add a comma then space between items?  Like this:  440, 464, 246

...or no space, like this:  440,464,246

Usually it's safe to say, without spaces. But if you want to add them for readability, that'll work too, they will basically be ignored/removed when loading/reading them (only if the programmer has implemented it as such though ;)  ). And if there's otherwise an error parsing a number, there will be a "Severe" exception in the console/logfile.

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 1

Ok, thank you for the quick reply.  I'm excited to try this!

Omg this mod is awesome!  Now we can plant "crops" in our cave dwellings!  And cocoa beans galore!  Thank you very much for this great mod.  

:wub:

• Like 1

work the pots like the real farmfields? i mean can we tend the plants?

Eject

They work as normal potable plants. No tending. Plant, let it grow, pick grown item. Pick more later if plant wasn't ruined. 

• Like 1

Yep, they work just like vanilla WU pots, nothing about the way they grow, or being harvested has been changed. Also, my internet was out since Friday (6 days).

Quick question:

Do non-food items (ie: iron pickaxe) produce exact copies of the original? I mean if I was to pot say an indestructible pickaxe, would the harvested items also be indestructible? or just regular iron pickaxe?

On 10/4/2017 at 10:58 PM, Vanyel said:

Quick question:

Do non-food items (ie: iron pickaxe) produce exact copies of the original? I mean if I was to pot say an indestructible pickaxe, would the harvested items also be indestructible? or just regular iron pickaxe?

We tried planting rare items, but they came up non-rare when we picked.

Sorry bout the necromance, but where do i find a list of item and id, to be able to make non potables, plantable in pots.. Thanks

On 1/11/2018 at 3:19 AM, ozmods said:

Sorry bout the necromance, but where do i find a list of item and id, to be able to make non potables, plantable in pots.. Thanks

This has all but the newer items:  https://pastebin.com/teC3pYsD

For the newer ones, I just find or create one, then use my ebony wand to examine it and find its code number.

This exploit was found months ago, just not made public.  Most public servers corrected the issue and I thought Sindusk posted a fix. The original modder is not active anymore. If you want a safer version there should be a few options available.  

tried planting grapes through this mod, but doesnt work.. they are plantable but nothing seems to grow in them..

22 minutes ago, ozmods said:

tried planting grapes through this mod, but doesnt work.. they are plantable but nothing seems to grow in them..

It usually takes our planter pots at least a few days before anything is harvestable. After that, it's harvestable every single day at the same time for up to a month.

• Like 1