Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Mobile Home

So I was searching online for RV prices, and spotted this:

Image result for wooden rv

Being the wurm addict I am, it gave me the idea of a Wurm mobile home. I know there's plenty of suggestions for being allowed to sleep in boats, or something that allows you to sleep on the move, but I agree some of them defeat the purpose of a house, and are thus controversial. But hear me out.

My idea is a mobile home, that requires 2 horses to pull, like a cart. You build it with Fine Carpentry (quite high I might add) and it is pretty much the equivallent of a Tent with a bed. It would allow you to store enough inside for the equivallent of a Chest, but you cannot load/unload into it. Its meant more as safe storage of personal possesions. It also would allow the ability to sleep on it, just like a bed in an off deed (or on deed if inside a deed) would. I could be loaded into boats at about a size between a wagon and a cart, and can be locked.

The requirement of it having to be pulled by horses instead of picked up, would still make tents useful for short term storage and respawning, as the Mobile Home would not allow you to respawn to it.  It also prevents it from being permanent portable storage, as you cannot pick it up, thus removing the ability to ride a horse or a wagon while taking this along. 

It can, however, serve as a temporary abode for when people go exploring, hunting, or even moving to a new place where they plan to start a new deed. It would incentivize exploration, and would be great for those who love to go ruin hunting to the middle of Xanadu.

Pros:
  • Allows you to sleep on the move and recover sleep bonus.
  • Personal storage place for tools, weapons, etc.
  • Hitches two horses.
  • Keeps personal belongings safe.
  • Can carry one other passenger (Like a wagon).
  • Excellent for explorers.

Cons:
  • Must choose between this, or a cart/wagon.
  • Same speed as a cart with less the storage space.
  • Not practical for moving food, or other assets.
  • Can't load anything into it.
  • Takes quite a bit of space in a boat.
  • Like 2

A riff on the idea:

A Gypsy Wagon:

(just because I always wanted one)

10600-gypsy-wagon-promo-2.jpg

But I would suggest:

Same Speed + Storage as a large cart, but 70 Fine carpentry to build, the main benefit over a cart at that cost is ONE person can sleep at it.

Also takes dyes, cloths, and heck why not maybe a Golden Doorknob (ok maybe brass)  Or maybe requires a ... birdcage :D  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 4

+1 on behalf of 

those who love to go ruin hunting to the middle of Xanadu

But I'm more inclined towards Brash Endeavour's version, where storage is equivalent to that of large cart. With storage limited to large chest capacity, it wouldn't be very appealing/useful for hunting. And large carts would still have ease of construction and 360° visibility as advantages over the mobile home, so things should remain fairly balanced. Pegging the mobile home/Gypsy caravan's speed to that of a wagon might be necessary for balance as well.

+1 personally I do not care about the storage aspect, I just want mobile bed for when I'm running around Xanadu XD. As a priest it is a pain not being able to build an on the go 1 tile shack with a bed when I'm going away from deed for a week or more.

Personally I'm not fond of the idea of it doing the function of a large cart plus sleep. It would render carts obsolete. Either you make it or your friend does. Think of the now defunct small carts (hand carts). No one uses them.

Personally I'm not fond of the idea of it doing the function of a large cart plus sleep. It would render carts obsolete.

Not really. Large carts would still be:

1. Much easier to make
  2. Better for all-round visibility (Trying to spot those hellhounds and trolls following you while you're driving a wagon is nerve-wracking, at least in the early game.)
  3. Faster (if the mobile home is given the same speed as a wagon, as I've suggested)
  4. Much less demanding on ship cargo space (following your suggestion that mobile homes take up a fair chunk of room)

Sure, other tweaks might need to be made for balance. But if mobile homes were too low on carrying capacity, I know that I personally would just end up using them more as a pre-fab house than as an actual vehicle: built to be plunked down wherever my ship moors, but never actually ridden around.

I endorse the gypsy wagon!

Bed function

Slow as a wagon, but only 2 animals hitched.

Cargo of a large cart.

Passenger should sit inside the wagon.

So fancy!

Edited by Darmalus

I always like the idea of a traveling Smith or Priest.

Need a Mini-Forge and a Altar as options :)

• Like 1

For me this isny viable, if i travel i need the storage a wagon gives (i even use a wagon when going hunting). Its easier to just bring a tent to be honest.

If they would be implemented they would need more storage like:

- a water barell(or other conainer)

- more storage like several chests or some version of a non loadable/unloadable small crate(s)

- maybe even a small oven that takes one or two pans maximum.

If it had those id change my hunting wagon.