Sign in to follow this  
shipbrick

unable to open launcher

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jnlp href="wurmclient.jnlp" codebase="http://www.wurmonline.com/client/" spec="1.0+"> <information> <a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue; margin-left: -2em;"><<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">title</span>></a>Wurm Online [Stable]<span xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue;"></<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">title</span>></span> <vendor>CodeClub AB</vendor> <homepage href="http://www.wurmonline.com"/> <description>Wurm Online Client</description> <icon href="wurm_icon_128.png" height="128" width="128"/> <icon href="wurm_icon_64.png" height="64" width="64"/> <icon href="wurm_icon_32.png" height="32" width="32"/> <icon href="wurm_icon_16.png" height="16" width="16"/> <icon href="splash.gif" kind="splash"/> <shortcut online="true"> <desktop/>

<menu submenu="Wurm Online"/>

</shortcut> </information> <update policy="always" check="timeout"/> <security> <all-permissions/> </security> <resources> <j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" max-heap-size="1024m" initial-heap-size="512m" version="1.8+"/> <property value="true" name="sun.java2d.noddraw"/> <property value="true" name="org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.allowNegativeMouseCoords"/> <property value="true" name="jnlp.versionEnabled"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/WurmClient-small.jar" version="3.99.52" main="true"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/httpclient.jar" version="4.5.3"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/httpcore.jar" version="4.4.6"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-logging.jar" version="1.2"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-codec.jar" version="1.9"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/pngdecoder.jar" version="1.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/irclib.jar" version="1.10"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl_util.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jinput.jar" version="2.0.5"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jutils.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jorbis.jar" version="0.0.17"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/vecmath.jar" version="1.5.2"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jbullet.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/JZipUpdate.jar" version="0.9.1"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/joxsi.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jme-collada-binding.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jogg.jar" version="0.0.7"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86" os="Win">

<!-- Windows 32-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="amd64" os="Win">

<!-- Windows 64-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="ppc" os="Mac">

<!-- PowerPC Mac -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="i386" os="Mac">

<!-- Intel Mac 32-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86_64" os="Mac">

<!-- Intel Mac 64-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="i386" os="Linux">

<!-- Linux 32-bit Sun java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86" os="Linux">

<!-- UNKNOWN -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="amd64" os="Linux">

<!-- Linux 64-bit Sun java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86_64" os="Linux">

<!-- UNKNOWN -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <application-desc name="Wurm Online" main-class="com.wurmonline.client.WurmLauncher"/>

</jnlp>

Posting multiple time about the same thing is a bit overkill.....

and annoying

Anyone have an idea about this? I'm having the same issue. I've tried uninstalling and I keep getting the same error. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Java and now I'm getting a different message... Ha... I hate Java...

I have updated Java and trying to play the game through the main page. I hit the, "Play" button and a dialog box comes up asking to open using the Java client or Save. I use the Java Client to open and it starts up, says it's downloading and installing, then says "Unable to Open the Application." If I try saving it and clicking on the application, it does the same thing.

This is Wurm Unlimited Technical Issues / Client Issues 

Are you sure this is the steam version, WURM UNLIMITED, you are talking about? It's sounds like you are talking about the regular Wurm Online client, but if so this is the wrong subforum.

The top post is defitnitely not WURM UNLIMITED so I am asking moderators to move this to the proper subforum, as I am not sure whether the game developers look here for WO client issues.

The steam version does not require you to install a java client as it ships one with the game files., and you cannot launch it through the main page.

Is this on Windows, Linux or mac? It is possible the the launcher is having connection problems to the game servers. See whether you have a file in your Wurm folder named HS_ERR_PID and post it here.

try also seeing whether the new UNSTABLE CLIENT will run for you, as many people find it is working better for them::

http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp

Also some people have said they need to uncheck EXPERIMENTAL GRAPHICS on the packs tab. I am not very familiar with the WO launcher these days, but I think it is the GEAR icon in the very bottom right next to the blue bar, on UNSTABLE client.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Moved to Wurm Online Client Bugs.

Edited by shakys

I'll just give up. As much as I'd like to play this game, it's not worth all the trouble it seems to be causing me. I appreciate all the help :D

If you change your mind, come on back. The biggest way we can help is if you post the HS_ERR_PID logfile here (and it wouldn't hurt to also include console.charactername.log, both are in your steam wurm folder) as only by seeing these logs can we tell why your computer is not able to launch the game.

I must be missing something than. I have no Wurm Folder. I click the play button on the main page, wurmclient_unstable-2.jnlp downloads, I click the "Open with Java". After that, it shows it downloading, but at the end of it is when it stops and says, Unable to open... I'll try it once more and see if I'm able to copy the logs on that.

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: (http://www.wurmonline.com/client/libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar?version-id=2.9.1, 2.9.1)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.io.IOException: A device attached to the system is not functioning
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry$7.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.writeFileToDisk(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry.writeFileToDisk(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToTempFile(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToCache(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Ok I was reading the iorignal poster, where it used to work once, and now no longer works.

For you it has NEVER worked, I take it.

If it is downloading, it should be creating a Wurm folder, but it sounds like it may not be completing all downloads

That is odd that you have to select OPEN WITH JAVA, as usually installing java makes it the default

I'll try and mess around with it a bit more and see if I've missed something. Thanks once again for the help.

Ok I think 

11 minutes ago, MutleyMutt said:

java.io.IOException: A device attached to the system is not functioning
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.CacheEntry$7.run(Unknown Source) 

We will probably need one of the client devs to look at this, as I am not sure what this means. I am really no good on java stuff. 

Is this a laptop on wireless? What country are you connecting from? What is the operating system? Is it by any chance Win2k8r2? Do you have any unusual network setup like logging in via multiple devices?

I seem to recall something similar from someone who had to for some reason use their phone to download then it ran fine for them, let me see if I can find that thread again to see if they are similar. I think he was connecting from South Africa, which I think sometimes regulttes connections to certain servers (anti piracy thing that gets some hosts affected even if it is non pirated material)

Let me poke around and see if I can find that thread, or hopefully a game dev will see this and have a good idea of what is causing it

Yes, Laptop, Wireless, United States, Missouri. Windows 7. It's a P.O.S. Alienware that I need to replace. Maybe this will be that final straw that makes me build a desktop, ha.

See also this thread, Finnn suggested the usser in that thread change their shortcut so instead of launching from the website, they use a shortcut similar to:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\javaws.exe" http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

The image they used to show how to do this: 

09bed31509f74337b431a4f7a2ba5e22.png

see the thread below:

Another thing to try:

1. create a folder names C:games\wurm 
  2. download into that folder the UNSTABLE client here
  3. try launching from that folder location

That is the same thing that happens to me. I just did all that and I'm still getting the same outcome.

is it possible to temporarily plug the laptop into internet using a cabled connection rather than using a wireless connection, just to confirm whether it will install that way? They go back to wireless to run the game if it works?

I can, yes... I may, however, leave that til tomorrow. Thanks much for the help, once again. I will let you know if it works.