Sign in to follow this  
Shylo

Looking for a good PVE server to play on

I have been playing on my own for a while and it's getting lonely there.  Want a server that still has room for a deed and the upkeep can be earned without killing creatures (too girlie to kill lol). I just want to work on skills and crafting with real people to talk to.

Try my friends server Requiem of wurm deeds are free so no need to pay for deeds or upkeep and he is adding a ton of my stuff from foreverlands to his server after me shutting mine down there are people who play there and I think you wouldn't go wrong trying it out. 

• Like 1

There are quite a few ways to earn coin besides just killing. Just using our community as an example we do happen to run the bounty mod but a lot of folks focus on crafting (like my wife who doesn't mind killing critters but really isn't her thing), or a number of other options including things like work bounties.

I looked on the available severs page and all I saw was bounty mods mentioned for upkeep so I thought you had to hunt to pay for it. That's good to know. Thanks for the info. Will check it out!

Greetings Shylo.

Mystic Highlands have several ways to make coins, that is not even including trading with other players which happens an awful lot, we do have a strong economy.

Stop by and check us out, as I said we have quite a number of ways to make coins, yes 1 is also the bounties, but its certainly not the only way ! :)

www.mystic-highlands.com

Either way, all the very best in your search for a server !

Valiance and Kaylie.

• Like 1

Would agree with Wulfrock about Mystic Highlands.

I have a small deed there and for the last few months have earned enough from the auctions to help pay for everything. If you mine you can also sell your gems. The trade channel is another method whereby players can sell their goods and of course travelling around will enable you to sell, buy and barter goods. For example, I have bartered cotton for goods.

The community is also strong and will always help and support a new player.

Good luck in your search.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Is there still good spots for a small deed at Mystic Highlands? SP is fun but it's too tempting to go into GM mode to do everything lol. I would enjoy starting as a noob and playing the game like it's supposed to be played.

After having played there for more than 1.5 year, I would totally recommend Sklotopolis.

We have a great community, lots of unique features and starter deeds are free. (and there is no upkeep cost for keeping them).

There is even an impalong going on at the moment if you are looking for some help on getting started or to meet a lot of the other players. :)

Otherwise you may also be able to find something on https://wurm-unlimited.com/ , I believe the first few servers on the list are all PVE or mixed.

• Like 3

I looked at the map on Sklotopolis. In fact that's the first one I looked at but doesn't loook like there are many spots left to deed. 

There are still several spots to deed depending on where you're looking. At the moment, the southwest part of the map is still pretty lightly populated and has a couple of good spots left. The starter town has also been moved to the south recently, so there are still some open spaces close to the spawn as well.

• Like 1

Mystic Highlands and sklotopolis both sound good, very different but maybe something that would be fun to play. Do I have to become a member just to come in and look around? Not sure about needing to download mods, couldn't even get deedplanner to work on my windows 10 system lol. I notice that a lot of computer gurus play and hate to bother them with stupid questions on how to do things like that.

I highly recommend Sklotopolis.  It's a great server and really is what WO should be like.  Very helpful community, lots of players, and lots of room to build :)

Come join us!

• Like 2

Hello again Shylo, check our map out on the site I linked you, scroll to the bottom of the main map to the link and check the deed map out, tons of untouched room still on Mystic highlands :)

You just make a character, log in, say hi, and watch a lot of people greet you :)

Valiance and Kaylie.

Edited by Wulfrock

Join Sklotopolis!

Forum: http://sklotopolis.freeforums.net/

SteamGroup: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Sklotopolis

Over 100 people waiting for you to join.

We have a great map, great community and more mods than any other server out there. http://andistyr.github.io/wu-map/

Join us now and play Wurm as it was meant to be played :)

We also currently have our summer impalong, a great opportunity to meet the community. An automated eventteleporter will bring your there. (Type /eventteleport)

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Shylo said:

Do I have to become a member just to come in and look around? Not sure about needing to download mods, couldn't even get deedplanner to work on my windows 10 system lol.

As with most servers, you can just jump in without the need to download anything special or registering anywhere. :)

Thank you everyone for your help. I will visit both Sklotopolis and Mystic Highlands later today to see which way I want to play (extreme or easier) they both sound like something I could really get into. I'll see if I can make it without dying within an hour lol. I have always played as GM with aggressive set to 0 so will be something new for me. I have no idea how to fight anything.

55 minutes ago, Shylo said:

Thank you everyone for your help. I will visit both Sklotopolis and Mystic Highlands later today to see which way I want to play (extreme or easier) they both sound like something I could really get into. I'll see if I can make it without dying within an hour lol. I have always played as GM with aggressive set to 0 so will be something new for me. I have no idea how to fight anything.

Sklotopolis has a lot of towers, you will not be able to kill aggressive creatures from day one on in Wurm. So if you are attacked run to a tower and type help in local, the guards will run to assist you.

Also make sure to type /eventteleport when you are on Sklotopolis, so you can join the last hours of the impalong. Learn to know our great community. I wish you all the best, see you ingame.