Sign in to follow this  
Baramor

Freedom skills to epic

Allow a one way port of our freedom skills to epic for those who would want to try out epic or would want to go back there. It really does suck to start over and maybe it might bring people over to epic.

-1, Bad idea, Epic hasn't been around for as long as freedom, if u check niarja's best toons on freedom and epic you will find a difference of 20 points in body strength,  the characters on freedom have had just way more time, even if epic's 2x on almost all skills, the characteristics , meditation, ever shields and weapons, i don't think it would be fair.

35 minutes ago, Mickaell said:

-1, Bad idea, Epic hasn't been around for as long as freedom, if u check niarja's best toons on freedom and epic you will find a difference of 20 points in body strength,  the characters on freedom have had just way more time, even if epic's 2x on almost all skills, the characteristics , meditation, ever shields and weapons, i don't think it would be fair.

? its not terrible, there are some beasts but not too many, plus the trade off is probably better in the long run anyway

Spoiler

wXT3p0maS_6B1-XgS-tW9A.png

Spoiler

58Iaop5rQFusIb619FNy0Q.png

Edited by platinumteef
link

12 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

its not terrible, there are some beasts but not too many, plus the trade off is probably better in the long run anyway

but thats just the ones that you do see, most people don;t even register on niarja do they? Statistically speaking, if Crusaders on Chaos mass converted to epic they would be more powerfull than any other kingdom on Epic, any other player grouping there.

I'd prefer the opposite to be perfectly honest, allow my Epic toon to move to Freedom and 'keep' skills....

I can see the argument for keeping skills to an extent, but if it's not equal in both directions what would be the point?

In that case why is Epic even a separate cluster, since keeping skills would be a non topic if it was part of the same cluster as Freedom/Chaos.

It's not the answer to Epic's particular issues I'm afraid.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zenity said:

I'd prefer the opposite to be perfectly honest

Epic's already dying, u wanna kick a dead horse?

they created epic easy to start out on

Edited by JakeRivers

Don't know why my post needed to be deleted, but let me restate, 1000 times no. 
As much as I used to think Epic should be able to port to Freedom, I've finally come to the conclusion that all these posts are pointless. 
The Wurm team would rather let 5 people continue playing on a dead cluster than do something to pull the PVP community together. 
And it's really not just their fault, it's ours, we ##### and moan about PVP being so quiet and unpopulated then any possibility of a wipe or merging the PVP community is shut down because everyone thinks, they should come to my server because mine is better. Both Epic and Chaos suck in terms of playerbase. Sure, Chaos is doing better right now, but it's still a ridiculously tiny pop for an MMO.  
There's just no winning, PVP is what it is, do your best to enjoy the servers while ya can. 0 day will come sooner or later. 

• Like 1

I remember this idea being tossed around between a few epic guys who I played with. What can it possibly hurt? Is not like the population of epic is so massive that an influx of good accounts will upset the balance. If 10 people come from freedom to epic... then we will actually have 10 people playing on epic. 

• Like 2

I'm roaming on Epic for a few days on an alt. Actually I enjoy being "fresh" there, having issues I forgot about for long...

• Like 2

actually why not just find a way to properly merge skills alone at minimum?  so they are shared between clusters.

who cares if someone can find a way to game it for the best skillgain, id certainly rather see 100 freedomers populating epic trying to get that juicy 40 skill fast rather than the near 0 there is.  and it would enable people to play both clusters without having to grind

when we can just buy accounts what is the issue with this anymore

• Like 7

You put the PvP orientated players in one cluster, you put the PvE orientated players in another cluster. PvP incentives of faster gains and faster to be competitive, PvE is standard rates but safer. Since it's slower to level up on PvE and a player decided they wanted to move to PvP, there is no problem transferring them over, one time, forever, touch black. They can even keep a duplicate of their PvE character to play on (separate skills obviously). However, taking a PvP player after they have grinded their character all fast and easy and then putting them back on PvE is a problem because that's all the PvP cluster will become, a means for faster leveling for PvE players.

If I can raid your house, steal your stuff, and beat you into a pulp while you grind, I am all up for freedom players coming over to Chaos for fast grind. You have to grind somewhere, and I know people will bring their shiney tools to grind. Pmks would use that to their advantage as well, making people who want quick skillups to actually provide for the kingdom.

Anything that brings more people from pve to pvp is a big +1 from me.

-1 I think, and this is just a personal opinion, that epic is just draining attention and it should have been, either radically changed, or closed down completely a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

-1 I think, and this is just a personal opinion, that epic is just draining attention and it should have been, either radically changed, or closed down completely a long time ago.

Allright, but what about players an their progress? People can afford to lost their deeds but characters?

2 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Allright, but what about players an their progress? People can afford to lost their deeds but characters?

There definitely should be some sort of compensation, like skill transfer, deeds and their upkeep returned, etc. In the unlikely event of the devs closing the server, wich, if they havent closed them by now, I cant see what else could go wrong for them to re-think about closing the epic cluster.

Am I being too pesimistic, by thinking that Epic is beyond help anymore?

58 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

Am I being too pesimistic, by thinking that Epic is beyond help anymore?

Ur not bro ;)

Even i am pessimistic nowadays after many years of optimism

- 1 Cant see how it would work, what happens when you return to pve/pvp servers again ? 

Epic where created for those who wanted a fresh start or a quick skillgain game so i think it should stay that way.

I think MrGary has a very valid point.  If Epic is down to a handful of players and nearly all of them upset at the population being so low, why not try anything to bring some life back to it?  I can't see how anyone would ever -1 an idea to brig back players there, even if it wasn't the best possible idea.

Personally, I like the whole idea of flushing it down the toilet and rebuilding from scratch, taking into consideration many of the great suggestions over the years.  You can't get more broken than the way it is now.  I would never consider joining a server with such a low population, because it is obviously going to get deleted or replaced in the near future.  The Epic as we know it today is 100% unsalvagable.  Flush it and compensate the last few hold out players, so they can rebuild on whatever new pvp server replaces it.

9 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I think MrGary has a very valid point.  If Epic is down to a handful of players and nearly all of them upset at the population being so low, why not try anything to bring some life back to it?  I can't see how anyone would ever -1 an idea to brig back players there, even if it wasn't the best possible idea.

Personally, I like the whole idea of flushing it down the toilet and rebuilding from scratch, taking into consideration many of the great suggestions over the years.  You can't get more broken than the way it is now.  I would never consider joining a server with such a low population, because it is obviously going to get deleted or replaced in the near future.  The Epic as we know it today is 100% unsalvagable.  Flush it and compensate the last few hold out players, so they can rebuild on whatever new pvp server replaces it.

The problem with having a dead cluster is that, unlike you and me, who already know what the deal in Epic is, people joining the game dont know it, and last time I checked, the description for epic was (in writting) very alluring to a new player. If when I first joined Wurm, the server I happened to pick was as deserted as Epic is, I would have quit in a couple of days and just think that the game is dead.

Thats only one of the many ways in wich Epic is drain to the game as a whole.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

The danger is that it might reduce our greatly reduced PVE population even more for a temporary reprieve on epic.

How many people would transfer to epic? 100? 200? Would the increase in epic population have more new people join epic than leave it? I have my doubts.

This is pure speculation on my point, but I figure if we sent a few hundred players (optimistic) players to epic, they'd mostly be gone in 6 months. Their accounts are stuck on the epic cluster now.

In the end, we lose several hundred freedom players permanently to repopulate epic for a handful of months. I'd rather keep them on freedom.

-1 if you want to transfer your skills to another server, WU does that already. 

11 hours ago, Hailene said:

The danger is that it might reduce our greatly reduced PVE population even more for a temporary reprieve on epic.

How many people would transfer to epic? 100? 200? Would the increase in epic population have more new people join epic than leave it? I have my doubts.

This is pure speculation on my point, but I figure if we sent a few hundred players (optimistic) players to epic, they'd mostly be gone in 6 months. Their accounts are stuck on the epic cluster now.

In the end, we lose several hundred freedom players permanently to repopulate epic for a handful of months. I'd rather keep them on freedom.

- freedom players goes to Epic

- his character is duplicated (all the skills and stats), let's call those skill set B (it's one time action only)

- he playes on epic with his B set

- if he ports back to freedom he got his set A back, wich is not affected by epic gains

in the end he got character wit separate epic and freedom skill sets

Edited by Wilczan