Sign in to follow this  
Lei

Tall Iron Fences in Arched Walls

Tall Iron Fences in Arched Walls

So with all the new wall options its hard not to spam everything, searching combinations to get a creative product!

I've been playing with fences inside arch walls since the functionality was added. It can have some super cool products.

Recently, the tall iron fences were added in the new brick styles, and in my experiments I noticed a few... oddities. Tall fences cannot be built inside an arched wall. Adding this functionality would allow Wurmians to create some really neat dungeon scenes, jail cells, and unique barred-windows (similar to the portcullis wall but fancier). Unfortunately, its not possible right now. 

HOWEVER

I noticed in my very recent endeavors underground that it was, in fact, possible.

Unlike the surface, the underground doesn't care if your tall fences are in arches.

The building (of the fence) must begin in the crafting window (not in the right click drop-down window) by right clicking the tile-border inside the arch and adding it to the crafting window.

Which allows me to present you with the picture below:

QYQFHGx.jpg

So how cool does that look, right? What problem does this create to make it not viable as a building option?

Is it a bug that its possible underground? Or perhaps its a bug that its not possible above ground?

Wurm Devs! Please let us be even more creative with our arched walls! Tall iron fences belong in T arches! The proof is in the pudding! (The picture above)

~Lei

Edited by Lei
  • Like 9

I have long desired the ability to build the high iron fences (now various textures) within arched walls. We have had the ability to build the regular height ones for a long time but the high iron fences were excluded because of some height issues that made them poke up above. Notice also that you are using the T arch section which might have different height requirements to make this possible. Anyway yeah, basically I agree with your OP and would like the Devs to make it so.

=Ayes=

I still wait for a high iron fence gate option inside arches - I loved it before got disabled (even with the bit protruding top parts).

Give iron fences back to arches please!

They do look nice together with the T-arches so we'll remove that limitation in one of the coming updates

• Like 8

I like the fences, but I also really like the recessed brick up top!  Creative, looks great.  May I steal it? ;)