1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

I disagree, I think the new gold mine door looks more gold than the horrible 'green' door. Many of my friends dislike the gold mine door because of it's current color. 

I don't think anyone would disagree that the current door is bleh. The new door may look more like gold but its still not gold. Love the design though but looks like to a number of us on our TeamSpeak as a brasslike gold.

• Like 2

I neglected to Congratulate the winners of the new tapestries as I was so woo-ed by the shiny new door opening and closing vs just disappearing.

The tapestries will be a great addition, looking forward to crafting some.

• Like 2

I'm so glad 3 of the tapestries were chosen. I cannot wait! And Oh! the blessed lamp change! Time to resub my priest for a bit. 

Edited by NeeNee
  • Like 1

*Wakes up a little*

Congratz on winning the prize, lovely new tapestry.

*Scans the rest of the news for anything that would impact priests, finds nothing and goes back to sleep*

about the mine door....

The mesh looks nice, but the animation makes it look more like the cellar door of an old house rather than an entrance to a mine that one would drive a wagon through.  

Perhaps the doors should swing in rather than out, and maybe rather than swinging, maybe it should be hinged from the ground and fall downwards and inwards to the ground and then raise back up to closed position after passing through.  Of course that may not be possible as underground might be a different world that can't receive animations from above ground.

Regardless, thanks for all the work dev team!

Grtz to the winners! and finally seeing some actual function added to the game instead of just magically vanishing doors! Thanks for the constant free updates!

Edited by Legios

Congrats to tapestry winners, all truly worthy of being displayed in game capturing wurm and truth to the tapestry art.  What is even more AMAZING is gold mine doors with the bling they deserve.  Whoever conceived of this change design, wurm wuv you toe jam n all!

The Dev Team has been on fire for some time now fixing the borkies, offering up  new content that dazzles and functionality aspects that enhance the game greatly.  It's been nothing short of stellar the work this team does and how vastly it has changed in product delivery.  Truly can't highlight nor thank you enough!!

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

now, here's a suggestion for you people in charge... maybe give tapestries a makers signature... yes, just so I can make my own tapestry and imp them to 90ql for a full makers sig ;)

Loving the mindedoors! :wub:

And gratz to the winners!   awesome designs :)

Edited by MacOofer

Awww, the tapestries look awesome! Looking forward to seeing them ingame <3

3 hours ago, Jaz said:

The current unstable is definitely needing some more work but as long as we will have the current one as a legacy this change will surely mean more testers on the new one.

I would really love to see a settings slider to change contrast in the new client, the lights vs shadows are still too sharp to my eyes but I think others will like it that way. I hope it is not a lot of coding to add a setting to tweak the contrast within the client...

Agreed, I have been having headaches for days now cause of the contrast!

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I hope you're all mining gold and making sheets in preperation for the new mine door(s)!

That new gold mine door is very beautiful with that ornate design. As I use the silver ones due to ore availability I am hoping that just as intricate a design pattern (not the same though) will be applied to them. Also would like to see the silver shiny and not the dull color it has at present. Great artwork on the new gold one. Well done!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Unstable client
With continued work on the unstable client we finally have a date for the switching to stable! Come September 1st we'll be releasing the 4.0 client as the stable version, meaning the current stable one will no longer be the client you receive when you click play.

Obviously this means it's really important that you try it now, we'll be leaving reminders in-game to check it out and report any issues you do have. Trying it now means you avoid issues when it launches as the stable client, so please do!

What a pity the launcher is ....ah....not pretty. Can we at least have the servers info and maybe the wind and time info put on it?  ;p

Also why can the launcher not be made to be persistent instead of closing once you launch a single client. In a game that requires you to load like 500 clients a day, why cant we just load one launcher and be done with it (until an update is required and then the launcher tells you and no longer lets you load a client).

pretty plss ;)

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

What a pity the launcher is ....ah....not pretty. Can we at least have the servers info and maybe the wind and time info put on it?  ;p

Been wondering if that can be on the unstable client or 4.0 launcher also, like how it is on stable client is now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ehizellbob said:

now, here's a suggestion for you people in charge... maybe give tapestries a makers signature... yes, just so I can make my own tapestry and imp them to 90ql for a full makers sig ;)

i have never understood why some items have sigs and others do not... wurm is supposed to be all about writing your own history so why doesnt ALL items (including houses, wagons, gates... ect.) have a signature

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

brand new opening animation:

Looks Awesome!!! 

Edited by polarbear

I love the tapestries. The dragon is my fav but glad LIBILA have one <3  .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

3) Blessed lamps on highway tiles will not take decay.

-1, i dont agree with this one bit, if they want the roads to look nice they need to keep them that way.

perhaps a slight decrease in damage on lamps to make it so they dont have to go out every few days could work, but not like you have it deeded.

Great choices on the tapestry winners!  Really glad you went with all three of these.

Congratulations to all the winners! There were many that I wanted as tapestries. I really hope to see some of the others ingame at some point!

Gratz to the winners! and liking that mine doors will actually open and close instead of making like a David Copperfield act and "foosh" begone! :P 

Congrats to the winners!

Nice to see player content. I have noticed in the last 5 years more gaming companies are realizing some of their best content comes from players. Many of you folks are very creative and I am glad that creativity is making it in the game.:)

Edited by Gylnne

23 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Unstable client
With continued work on the unstable client we finally have a date for the switching to stable! Come September 1st we'll be releasing the 4.0 client as the stable version, meaning the current stable one will no longer be the client you receive when you click play.

Obviously this means it's really important that you try it now, we'll be leaving reminders in-game to check it out and report any issues you do have. Trying it now means you avoid issues when it launches as the stable client, so please do!

Will the low memory version be coming along with the change?