Sign in to follow this  
Liandal30

Why do WU servers look so bland?

I keep trying to find a server to play on while i am not playing WO,but all the servers i've been on all seem so bland looking.One tree type for the whole area really annoys me.One tree type yet no plants like lavender bushes or grape bushes like you see in Wurm Online. Is it just the tools that are used to make the maps? It drives me crazy while trying to play on a WU server.Why do they all seem to be like this?

People mauling areas for woodcutting skill then letting random stuff regrow is how you get the varied tree types, and wo has had a lot more people grinding wc.

hmmm i dunno if i buy that...see if i can find pictures of WO servers on opening day.

When trees are spawned they're done in groups, As oblivionreaver stated, wurm online has many many years of trees growing and being cut down which has led to a more mixed group, though even on indy you often find large forests of single trees, all servers have this in varying ages. 

Xanadu on opening day had the exact same things, with olive, fir, and chestnut forests being particularly painful

I find the WU servers to be quite beautiful in comparison but then again I prefer massive forests of one variety. Their raw beauty is imposing though. Undisturbed at inception it makes quite an impact in its lack of "human" intrusion. Probably some of the more established servers would suit you better, as they have been gradually transformed to be *closer* to the familiar settled ones of WO. So much variety now to choose from is more the "problem" I find.

=Ayes=

Some people mix the forests initially. Easy enough to do. Just make one type of low density and then do the same with following tree types. You end up with any mix your heart desires. It's just a matter of someone wanting to take the time to do it. Also maps made with programs such as World Machine are much more varied and beautiful. You can do some really neat stuff. Personally I don't like the maps with extremely bump land. So hard to travel over all of those small bumps 

Edited by Reddtoo