Sign in to follow this  
Evening

[Fixed] Rift traps not despawning after the rift is closed

Last Rift on Pristine was closed on August 18, more than 6 (real) days ago, yet the traps are still in place.

I passed the area where last rift was, and my hitched horse was hit and hurt by one of these traps.

5614e58728596b4fa583e5c974c84487.jpg

Been like this since rifts came out, not sure how long these traps last for or if they eventually decay.

i asked about this once but i was told it was intended since they decay. (it should be fixed though! or even removed, why do we need scary traps on freedom?)

I'm fine with the traps being there for a short time after the rift closed - it is still a thrill while collecting the resources and butchering the mobs.

It is a bit nasty days later for unsuspecting travellers though.

Recently one of my friends was hunting in the desert on what could possibly have been a rift site months and months ago.  On three occasions he heard a funny snap and saw blood from the horses, and when he looked he discovered two medium and one bad wound on the horses.  As he thought it was a bug with pvp traps hurting animals on pve for some reason, he reported it.  The CM told him that he had lost a horse in an old rift site killed with a one shot trap, and he knows of others who lost horses in a similar manner.  Also, an alliance member said he is sure he lost horse shoes that way. 

Please fix this as the traps are not despawning at rift sites and causing serious injury or death to horses travelling there.  Since there is no way to know where old rifts existed, this can cause issues. Thanks.