Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

delete "?" from backpack

There is no question mark on backpacks, only on knapsacks; those were a gift from last year, celebrating Wurm's 10th anniversary, and were designed to look like a "?" bag, so no?

If you're unhappy with them, wear a regular backpack or a satchel.

• Like 2

NOPE! Just like Evening says, it is meant to be that way. Nice way to remember our history. :)

Yeah it's best to leave items without models in the spirit of keeping the history alive.  That makes sense.

so also keep many items without icon to keep memories?

Just now, ftoz said:

so also keep many items without icon to keep memories?

Yes, memories are more important than models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daolin said:

Yeah it's best to leave items without models in the spirit of keeping the history alive.  That makes sense.

that is the intended model for knapsacks though

if there is a legitimate issue you could check to see if it's in the thread below where it is clearly intended to be fixed at some point

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/65055-missing-ingame-models-report-thread/

Ever since it was released I felt that the dev's at the time....  had not seemed to give it much thought.

took the lazy assed cheapskate way out.

the "knapsack" is nothing appeared to be no more that a "no model graphic" for the back slot.  Want it to be memorable?  Make a backpack, maybe a new design if they (the dev's) are feeling good about it, then to make it actually mean something.

put a "10" on it.  This would actually promote questions about it, maybe even make it desirable to wear as a status symbol of sorts.

Edited by Tallios

Actually it's not just a no graphic model. It's specifically designed models to play on the question mark bag. The examine text also reflects this:

[11:40:47] A knapsack for keeping 10 years of Wurm, wogic and memories.

There were four knapsack models, tin fantastic,iron supreme, wood rare, and wool common. Each has their own model, I've taken a picture of all four next to the actual question mark bag, as you can see it's very different

ynKcvnHVQaKGMPpynqKKaw.png

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Actually it's not just a no graphic model. It's specifically designed models to play on the question mark bag. The examine text also reflects this:

[11:40:47] A knapsack for keeping 10 years of Wurm, wogic and memories.

There were four knapsack models, tin fantastic,iron supreme, wood rare, and wool common. Each has their own model, I've taken a picture of all four next to the actual question mark bag, as you can see it's very different

I formally retract part of my previous statements, as I had only seen up to this point 1 type of bag, that did not seem very unique or special.

Although the mark indicates inquisitiveness, I find your suggestion to be questionable.

=Ayes= 

• Like 1