Sign in to follow this  
Silencia

[Bug] Unable to build fence on deed mine edge

I am trying to fence in a small part of my mine on deed. When I try to put a fence at the edge tile of the deed in the mine, standing on the deed side I get this message [12:19:20] You are not allowed to make a fence in a cave when not on a deed.h_PtD-gezhgesIsp8y-qxKDvMQI68SS8c6d8MHrpkaL7Et_KvxYXpW1txVgTJyNUmF0Z4p72Y8fqzzgb3eXqMb7VbOaqP-59Dxxm0PC_wMUOPuset9fHgte_tL1Za7DJpwMBnQc8

I am able to build fences in the mine without it being reinforced on other tiles, but because I was having an issue I reinforced the edge tile just to see if it helped, but it did not. I went to the CA and gave them the information and they suggested I post it here.  [12:17:31] <Timothymarker> If you can please make a screenshot and post in on server bugs forum, it may be a bug or unintended behaviour, sorry, needs sorting out I fear  I thank you for your time and look forward to your solution.

iy4FPj96t809FKAxUp7Rx_4fLzSHETB6q27UgNIcfFCjorgRScb6hQ4T59KApDS2EUuVmZJ4Gsfue_T-by7mF372vJ2ux122-aE2eND1aMCvwX2HwprahIliSmlqyQLmfdl-kZVm

On 8/21/2017 at 3:36 PM, Silencia said:

I am trying to fence in a small part of my mine on deed. When I try to put a fence at the edge tile of the deed in the mine, standing on the deed side I get this message [12:19:20] You are not allowed to make a fence in a cave when not on a deed.

I am able to build fences in the mine without it being reinforced on other tiles, but because I was having an issue I reinforced the edge tile just to see if it helped, but it did not. I went to the CA and gave them the information and they suggested I post it here.  [12:17:31] <Timothymarker> If you can please make a screenshot and post in on server bugs forum, it may be a bug or unintended behaviour, sorry, needs sorting out I fear  I thank you for your time and look forward to your solution.

Would you mind trying this again today please?  This may have been solved with another fix that went out this morning.  If not, let me know and I'll get it added once reproduced.  Thank you.

Nope, still says [10:17:42] You are not allowed to make a fence in a cave when not on a deed.

What is wrong then? Everyone I talk to that has come to see it says I should be able to put a fence there.

is that tile border on deed, or on the edge of a deed, if the later, which side of the deed?

Yes the tile border is on deed, it's the southern edge. When I try to place the fence I am standing on the deed side of the tile border.

I think she still has one more row of tiles on deed west of this tile also, so not the actual corner of the deed.

I have same problem.

I was advised to:

Sounds like a bug, make a report on the forums with the details "unable to build a fence gate in a cave on the east border of the deed"

I was going to make a new thread, but found this one. Thought I'd just add my problem to this thread. It may be exactly same issue.

As i am doing these tests, I am standing on deed. On a tile that is in the village. Just the border is right at the edge of the deed area, between the village tile and the perimeter tile.

WEST: I can add fence gates to mine tiles on the west side border edges of my deed.

SOUTH: The only mine tile i got on the South border edge tile is inside a building. It does allow me to start to add a fence gate there.

NORTH: I have no mine tiles at the north edge of my deed, so I can not test that edge on my deed, yet.

EAST: At several different locations along the East border of my deed, it will not allow me to build fence gates. I get the message ... "[00:25:25] You are not allowed to make a fence in a cave when not on a deed."

I am in village Cornersville on Independence server. I hope this can get fixed, not too big a problem to fix it.

Thanks your time o7

TeeeBOMB

Thanks for adding TeeeBomb, good information. I will add more about my issue. 

My tests on the tile in question.

Tile is the SW corner tile of the deed Silent Valley on Xanadu at 6 tiles deep within the mine. 

Tile has been reinforced, North side of tile has a stone iron gate on it.

West side of tile is an iron vein.

East side of tile I am able to fence.

Thank you :)

Edited by Silencia
Repeated information
  • Like 1

Looks like its still bugged or its come back, trying today to make a iron gate fence on the South side, no option for a fence is being shown 

The tile boarder is on the edge of the deed.

I've also tried the east side, no option either.

Edited by gorgian

If it is on the last tile of your deed the border is likely tied into the off deed tile south of it and checking that for a deed.

So basically it is all about the north west corner then, I thought they fixed this for lamps not working on the southern border last year.

I would suggest just doing a gate house type building for your southern part of your mine if you don't want to back a fence up one tile.

Edited by JakeRivers

2 hours ago, Darklords said:

If it is on the last tile of your deed the border is likely tied into the off deed tile south of it and checking that for a deed.

Yes, it's the last tile. Just give a heads up its still an issue. That it should be tied in to the deed. Not to the off deed tile.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

So basically it is all about the north west corner then, I thought they fixed this for lamps not working on the southern border last year.

Yep, also thought it was fixed along time ago too. Guess not.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

I would suggest just doing a gate house type building for your southern part of your mine if you don't want to back a fence up one tile.

Yes, was thinking of this too.

Added to the list for mines.  Tests show you can build on North and West but cannot on East and South borders.  

Thanks for your testing details TeeeBOMB.

• Like 1