Sign in to follow this  
Kiama

I just opened 11 Citadel Servers cases with Paypal

I am posting here to warn potential Citadel customers of my experience with them, and to entertain you as to the absurdity of it.

I just opened 11 cases with Paypal after having closed one where I had attempted to deal with all 12 at once. I wrote the following:

-----

I was charged for 4 different servers after cancelling them on, I believe, 12 occasions. I am going to address the rest of this email to paypal as I have already gone through this process and you failed to respond or even take any action from what I can see in the first case's history.

-----

This is one of 12 transactions that are all essentially the same dispute - unfortunately I see no way to deal with them in bulk.

I have already dealt with the first transaction and been refunded in case PP-005-993-183-387. I mentioned the other transactions in that case but it was obviously impractical to deal with them there.

All 12 of these transactions are recurring payments I was charged from Citadel servers while, I believe, the relevant service had been cancelled. Despite having cancelled these services and their ceasing to exist on my admin page, the payments kept coming out of my account. I failed to pick up on this until I shifted to annual payments for my servers. At that point, I had no active monthly servers, and yet I continued to be charged monthly payments for 4 separate servers. Looking back through my paypal transactions, I was shocked to discover this had happened 12 times.

Citadel Servers has been totally unresponsive apart from letting me know they will get to it. I first opened a ticket through the seller's site on June 7th and on July 19th I felt I had no choice but to resolve it through Paypal.

Just as I did in the first case, I am linking screenshots of the original ticket so that you can see how long I have been trying to resolve this for and how extensive the problem is, under the assumption that each of these 12 cases may be seen by separate people.

http://imgur.com/gF1ljje
http://imgur.com/WREQ81l
http://imgur.com/Ma3jPAH

Major Twist

It turns out that I was the victim of theft. Citadel sent me a list of the invoices they had charged me so far and none of the 12 recurring payments were listed, while another recurring payment was. It is so strange, because the original 4 payments were legitimate. How could someone have set up ghost payments as if they were recurring continuations of legitimate payments?

Could be a potential issue with Paypal--sometimes if you agree to recurring payments they won't cancel on paypal's side even if you cancel through your host. You have to go into paypal and cancel them there.

(Late response to the post but a good warning for others using any recurring payment methods anywhere)