Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

Paving Idea - Need Input

So, I was planning on trying to pave a courtyard, and wanted to incorporate the "Triforce", from the Zelda games into the courtyard, and was curious if anyone knows if it's possible with our current "pave corner" option to make it work, I'm not concerned about the size, just if it's possible at all.

Here's a picture for a point of reference, especially for those that haven't played the games :P
TaCZhcV.jpg

Edited by Fablecrafter
  • Like 1

i don't think it will work and here's my idea on why.

say you are on the SW corner of a tile facing N and pave nearest on the tile NE of you, then you want to move S 1 and E 1 and pave nearest on the tile NE of your new location then you move W 1 and pave nearest on the tile NE 

i have not tested this and what i think will happen is that the middle triangle will also be filled and turn the whole thing into a big triangle and the reason for that being the way this works, basically when you pave nearest the remaining side gets covered with  whatever is on the other 2 borders so since the triangle inside will be bordered by 2 paved tiles it will also be paved.

Edit: on second thought you said you don't care about the size, so maybe you can use the new big triangle from my example as a whole triangle in a much larger shape , although you would still get something messed up with the corners of the empty one in the middle, so maybe making it big enough will make the defects unnoticeable

Edited by viruskiller

Tried in many size combinations and sadly cannot recreate it.

Always some problem on the connecting both lower triangles.

Alright, thanks guys, I thought there'd be issues with stuff like that =/

Ah well, maybe I'll figure out something else, or there'll be changes in the future that allow it :)