Sign in to follow this  
Phoenic

House Materials Calculator Web Application

WurmHouseCalc4.png

Inspired by the web application posted on the Build Houses guide made by Toni here, I decided to make an application that would also include the floor and roof material calculations, as well as making it multi-level capable. It also does the calculations per selection, and has fancy colors per level.

You can find the application here, and the source code here for anyone interested seeing it or making any contributions.

Any suggestions? Are there any materials that I am missing? Are there anymore bugs that are not listed in Issues?

Edited by Phoenic
  • Like 4

Thanks! Does it also correctly calculate "doughnut-shaped" structures?

EDIT: Forget my question, please. Just saw the "Issues". :)

Edited by Yaga

One suggestion from me - make it so left click increases the level while right click decreases it. :)

9 hours ago, Warlander said:

One suggestion from me - make it so left click increases the level while right click decreases it. :)

Done.

12 hours ago, Yaga said:

Thanks! Does it also correctly calculate "doughnut-shaped" structures?

EDIT: Forget my question, please. Just saw the "Issues". :)

When you say doughnut-shaped structures, you're talking about symmetrical ones in particular, right? Because at least for materials, it's correct, but the carpentry is wrong. I'm working on an idea that might make it calculate the skill requirement correctly.

Hey, are you still working on this? If so, it would be awesome if you could update the house formula according to the latest changes introduced in June 2022 (https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/191015-patch-notes-07-jun-2022/😞

• Change: Reduced the house planning calculation by 5 to make the first tile of a house free.

So, basically all skill values should be reduced by 5.

Thanks again for this nice little tool - I use it often and we recommend it to new players in CA HELP.