So I looked at the forum to find anything about saddlebags and indeed the community has quite a bit about wanting it. So, I will not go into detail about it other than... Saddlebags would be a great addition to wurm! Seriously.

Now onto the Small Carts. "But wait Enigma... There are small carts." Yep, I think it would be a nice addition to the game to have the ability to hitch one horse to the cart. it makes sense to me considering that is what people do with horses. They hitch them to stuff they would rather not pull on their own.Of course you would still have to lead it. The other thing that would be a nice addition is the ability to load a single Large Crate or two Small Crates in the Small cart. I cannot count the number of times where I needed to carry just one or two crates somewhere or needed a crate in a location where horses are unable to go. Hitching up a large cart for one crate just seems... excessive to me. In these instances I am forced to spend a large amount of time pushing or pulling it to the location. Even if the ability to hitch is not going to fly, loading into a small cart would be awesome.

Well theres my 2 cents worth of Saddlebags and Small Carts!

• Like 4

+1 to being able to hitch 1 animal to a small cart and lead it around

Think there was a small cart suggesting about hitching sheep to them and then leading them pulling the cart but +1 for both. Atlest a small crate since rafts fit in them why not a small crate?

+1 to small cart hitching, -.5 to saddlebags seeing that they have little to no function. Don't get me wrong, it would look cool to have them on horses, but you can easily just hold regular bags in your inventory and use those.

10 hours ago, Yiraia said:

+1 to small cart hitching, -.5 to saddlebags seeing that they have little to no function. Don't get me wrong, it would look cool to have them on horses, but you can easily just hold regular bags in your inventory and use those.

Well I do understand that it would seem as though there would be no function however there have been many times where I believe they would be useful.

Example: Olive season. I have to collect many, many, MANY olives every season so much so that i easily fill one backpack full of them. When I do the weight is great enough to slow me down. Now I understand that all I need to do is have a horse to ride and it is no longer a problem. Then I have to make a trip to my FSB to store them and off I go for... 5 more trips or so.

My point is: I have a horse with me already, It would be useful to have a saddlebag on it to hold all of the weight (Id say two backpacks worth would be good) and then I can load my toon down. By the time I encumber my toon I would have around 300ish olives. Well then at that point I'm half way done! All without the frequent trips to the FSB. Besides even if it were to make it look cool... Why would you not want the game to look cool? If you ask me this game could use more visual cool.

13 hours ago, Talohan said:

Think there was a small cart suggesting about hitching sheep to them and then leading them pulling the cart but +1 for both. Atlest a small crate since rafts fit in them why not a small crate?

A sheep... Really? No joke? Why a sheep? I am confused with this rational... At least it was considered and I believe it should be considered again but with a horse.

14 hours ago, Yiraia said:

I think the saddle bag would provide function if it was lockable. Say you want to hop off your horse but not have to carry all the weight.

16 hours ago, Enigma_Prime said:

Example: Olive season. I have to collect many, many, MANY olives every season so much so that i easily fill one backpack full of them. When I do the weight is great enough to slow me down. Now I understand that all I need to do is have a horse to ride and it is no longer a problem. Then I have to make a trip to my FSB to store them and off I go for... 5 more trips or so.

Didn't take into consideration the horse could hold however much the saddlebag would allow and still move at player speed if lead, so It would be useful there. But the way you explained it still has no use depending on how the mechanic would work. If riding a horse with 60kg of items in your inventory was the same as just 60kg in the saddlebags, then making a bunch of backpacks would be the same.

12 hours ago, Treadwell said:

I think the saddle bag would provide function if it was lockable. Say you want to hop off your horse but not have to carry all the weight.

question is, should the bag only be locked if the horse is branded?

Also don't forget riding one horse while leading others. That is where the horse having it's own containers would really shine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, armyskin said:

Also don't forget riding one horse while leading others. That is where the horse having it's own containers would really shine.

I did not think about this aspect of this idea... Wow that would be nice!

9 hours ago, Yiraia said:

Didn't take into consideration the horse could hold however much the saddlebag would allow and still move at player speed if lead, so It would be useful there. But the way you explained it still has no use depending on how the mechanic would work. If riding a horse with 60kg of items in your inventory was the same as just 60kg in the saddlebags, then making a bunch of backpacks would be the same.

question is, should the bag only be locked if the horse is branded?

Well all I have in this regard is I know from experience that if I am weighted down and want to move faster then I hop on a horse and get my toon unloaded. So I just figured it worked out that the horse could carry more than your toon.

As for the lock well... (I'm gunna get flack for this) I was a big fan of the key system that Wurm had with all locks. I understand we all had to walk around with a tonn of keys back then but I feel they should have kept the key system and just allowed players to key locks to certain keys rather than have a key for every lock you made.... I would be ok with making locks for the bags and having a key for it. Heck I'd go with individual permissions for the bags.

Necro time , the small cart and horse goes back to 2013 being asked for is there any chance of it being added to the game in the near future?

Even if it can only hold one large crate would be handy ..