Sign in to follow this  
jackjones

LOCK PLEASE

I got a new map up for Xanadu based on the latest dumps. 

There are a decent amount of changes that I wanted to highlight.

We have a new look and feel. While still an Open Layers framework map, the client-side code was entirely re-written in Angular and Material Design. This is going to make maintaining the code so much more user friendly. (ASIDE: I will never write another line of JavaScript code.. EVER!)

A giant change we made was to switch the vector layer from a heavily customized and kludgey SVG layer, to native Open Layer vector layers which are rendered as HTML canvas elements. Our performance just jumped exponentially, and now we have true coordinate fidelity. We can now introduce as many new vector layers as we see fit. New is this release is... Bridges!  Soon enough we are going to implement  Landmark layer which will include Guard Towers, Bodies of Water, maybe some Epic stuff.

Also, the source code is now available online at https://github.com/WefNET/wurmonlinemaps-ng

We now have a header and some new markers:

Spoiler

8p2kgXX.png

The yellow hamburger menu in the header opens an options panel on the left:

Spoiler

uFEEgl8.png

Clicking the map icon in the upper right hand corner brings up a color customizer (thanks, Legios for the ideas):

Spoiler

md8bPNx.png

Also, the map now has hot keys:

C - Cycles the map raster layers (all 6 including last November's layers)

D - Toggles deeds

S - Toggles starter deeds

G - Toggles the grid

B - Toggles bridges

T - Toggles Canals / Tunnels

There's probably more I can't remember..  But, it's ready!!:

http://wurmonlinemaps.com/Maps/Xanadu

Edited by jackjones
  • Like 1

Please see main Map post for any additions.

Edited by Aniceset

Nice update but...

The map does not fill the browser window - only using about 2/3 of the window when going to the url. Changing the window size the map will grow, but will eventually get to be taller than the window, and have a scroll bar appear.

Edited by Wulfmaer

When does the map update we have new roads and  Bridge's  At Wild Goose Landing S 9 

Thank.

7 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

Nice update but...

The map does not fill the browser window - only using about 2/3 of the window when going to the url. Changing the window size the map will grow, but will eventually get to be taller than the window, and have a scroll bar appear.

I'll have to work on it.. 

8 minutes ago, Bigsmith said:

When does the map update we have new roads and  Bridge's  At Wild Goose Landing S 9 

Thank.

The map updates after tremendous amount of work happens. Development time alone is dozens of hours. WO staff pulling maps and searching every square of bad words and swastikas take lots of thankless hours. Map data maintenance is another thankless chore.

Knowing that there are new roads and Bridge's (sic) at S9 does absolutely nothing to help the situation.

Before it's locked, wanted to say thank you for your work on this.

Edited by nicedreams
spelling