Sign in to follow this  
icbash

[No Bug] Erupt/Freeze buged?

After some discussion, erupt/freeze will not be able to remove reinforced tiles. The fact of the matter is, reinforcements are just that - reinforcements. They're not meant to be easily removed. They should require considerable effort to remove. However, we're going to make an alternative change to make removing them a bit easier under certain conditions.

• Like 2

I have to say that even though I dont like the decision, I am thrilled that one has at least been reached.

2 hours ago, Sindusk said:

After some discussion, erupt/freeze will not be able to remove reinforced tiles. The fact of the matter is, reinforcements are just that - reinforcements. They're not meant to be easily removed. They should require considerable effort to remove. However, we're going to make an alternative change to make removing them a bit easier under certain conditions.

This is bull, it was stealth nerfed after being a method for removing reinforcements for ages, why has it taken nearly a bloody year to get a answer on this?

What is with these kneejerk reactions you guys keep throwing out at us to this game?

There is no practical way of removing reinforcements inside your perimeter in situations where reinforcements need to be removed if the deed can not be expanded over them. 

This does not affect PvP in the slightest as the enemy can not use this outside there own lands so that makes no point either.

What makes this ability 'easy' for removing reinforcements in the first place? It takes a path of power ability, and actually 3 days time to erupt/cool, as well as digging down to the rock to expose the area. Certainly its easier than casting a spell hundreds of times over long periods of time, but not really that all easy.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Just to reiterate, since it seems to be skimmed over with what I said: we're going to make an alternative change to make removing them a bit easier under certain conditions. The result is that this specific method of removing reinforcements is undesirable, not that removing reinforcements should be impossible.

The worst part of this is this: Posted August 18, 2017 11 months of huh, who knows what happened.

There is already a very easy method to clear out reinforcements, drop a deed and mine them away. In other cases of buildings in the way, or adjacent deeds sometimes this is not possible.

Your vague 'certain' circumstances don't cut the mustard, see below reasoning. What are your conditions?

If someone drops a reinforcement at the wrong spot in a perimeter you are screwed.

If you change something down the road and want to open it up, you are screwed.

We had a simple way to fix this, although you had to have path of power, it was still a legitimate way to correct a problem. Why come up with a new system?

I do not understand why this is not desired, when you can drop a deed to quickly remove these in all other instances where a deed can be dropped or expanded, easy removal, what are your conditions?

Because it took 11 months for someone to respond to this is not a reasonable expectation, especially when it seems someone changed the code without telling anyone else, why? 

Edited by JakeRivers

20 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

why has it taken nearly a bloody year to get a answer on this?

What is with these kneejerk reactions you guys keep throwing out at us to this game?

I'm confused. Do you want them to consider these things for less time because it takes them too long to react, or do you want them to be more deliberate because they're reacting too quickly?

On 7/8/2018 at 5:18 PM, Sindusk said:

Closing this as it's no longer considered a bug.