Sign in to follow this  
Jomarni

Missing Images

I play on a WU server that allows Glimmersteel and Adamantine ores randomly but they all show as a huge red X "Missing Image". Is this something a client or server bug, anyone know? If so, is it fixable?

It's not your client.  Glimmersteel and Adamantine never made it to Wurm Online.  It looks like they got removed with the last update.  See this post.  

Edited by Asperis

Way I fixed it, since I have the WO client on my PC and as it turns out, glimmer and addy are there.....

Before continuing though:

DON'T USE WHAT'S DESCRIBED HERE TO ALTER YOUR WO CLIENT.  YOU'LL GET CAUGHT, BANNED, AND LAUGHED AT.  ONLY FOR WURM UNLIMITED.

(If you have trouble finding the files, take a screenshot ingame, hit F1, gives you the main path to where your Wurm files are, works for both types of Wurm).

First I opened the graphics.jar in the packs folder from WO with winrar, went to \textures\terrain and extracted 

adamantinevein_512.dds

glimmersteelvein_512.dds

Then I found my WU graphics.jar.  

Extract the mappings.txt file from that pack, you'll need it.

Drag n' drop worked to keep it simple, dragged the two files I extracted from the WO pack into the same inner folder of my WU graphics.jar

Now open that extracted mappings.txt, do a search on "vein" (save slots of scrolling).

You'll be taken to a set of lines like

img.texture.cave.ore.copper                = texture/terrain/coppervein_512.dds
img.texture.cave.ore.gold                = texture/terrain/goldvein_512.dds
img.texture.cave.ore.iron                = texture/terrain/ironvein_512.dds

You'll want to add two lines 

img.texture.cave.ore.adamantine                = texture/terrain/adamantinevein_512.dds

img.texture.cave.ore.glimmersteel                = texture/terrain/glimmersteelvein_512.dds

(I respected the alphabetical order, not sure if that's necessary).

Reminder:  ONLY DO THIS KIND OF STUFF ON WU.

It'll be in the next update, with the beta planned for some time this weekend (massive amount of changes has delayed it slightly, sorry!)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Way I fixed it, since I have the WO client on my PC and as it turns out, glimmer and addy are there.....

Before continuing though:

DON'T USE WHAT'S DESCRIBED HERE TO ALTER YOUR WO CLIENT.  YOU'LL GET CAUGHT, BANNED, AND LAUGHED AT.  ONLY FOR WURM UNLIMITED.

(If you have trouble finding the files, take a screenshot ingame, hit F1, gives you the main path to where your Wurm files are, works for both types of Wurm).

First I opened the graphics.jar in the packs folder from WO with winrar, went to \textures\terrain and extracted 

adamantinevein_512.dds

glimmersteelvein_512.dds

Then I found my WU graphics.jar.  

Extract the mappings.txt file from that pack, you'll need it.

Drag n' drop worked to keep it simple, dragged the two files I extracted from the WO pack into the same inner folder of my WU graphics.jar

Now open that extracted mappings.txt, do a search on "vein" (save slots of scrolling).

You'll be taken to a set of lines like

img.texture.cave.ore.copper                = texture/terrain/coppervein_512.dds
img.texture.cave.ore.gold                = texture/terrain/goldvein_512.dds
img.texture.cave.ore.iron                = texture/terrain/ironvein_512.dds

You'll want to add two lines 

img.texture.cave.ore.adamantine                = texture/terrain/adamantinevein_512.dds

img.texture.cave.ore.glimmersteel                = texture/terrain/glimmersteelvein_512.dds

(I respected the alphabetical order, not sure if that's necessary).

Reminder:  ONLY DO THIS KIND OF STUFF ON WU.

The hacking detection is not logging modified textures or models in WO, but there are some security mechanisms that prevent you from starting the game with modified textures as far as I see. So you will not be banned but wouldn't have any luck with modifying does textures and models, that means no panic needed even if you do it wrong.

Edited by Sklo:D