Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Unstable client testing and feedback - Last chance!

@Samool Thanks - missed that check box.

Giving the low mem client a test run to TOC. Wish me luck

2 minutes ago, Grumpled said:

@Samool Thanks - missed that check box.

Giving the low mem client a test run to TOC. Wish me luck

I don't think there is a setting that will help you at TOC  =p

True, TOC only likes you, Jake.

So limiting the dynamic lighting helped, but only marginally. I can go two steps now before lag catches me at TOC and i grind to a halt. Staying on my own deed is ok, but not as smooth or fast as stable client. 

I also still get a lot of (Not Responding) on both wurm and anything else i have running.

I have given up trying to use the unstable client the lag and the crashes are not fun and I can't play that way :(

I have lost the aura on all my rare items and have changed the gsls settings to core and disabled neither will make the glow return on the 4.0 client any help would be appreciated on the 3.99 I have no issues until I return from the unstabeclient  then the settings return to disabled gsls setting by itself

On 18/08/2017 at 3:57 PM, Cerber said:

FPS and speed numbers are only half visible every time i launch the client, got to toggle one of them off/on to refresh it all and make them complete again

Still getting this now.

@VelvetSun and others who still have stutter issues

There were some major changes done this week and with the Friday's client switch it should be much better.

@shipbrick

Rarity glow is only related to GLSL and with it on Core it has to display the glow, try it again, set the option in the unstable client's launcher.

@Ersitu

Cut off FPS and speed text will be fixed in the next update.

Maybe you guys should make a detailed post/chart with all the game settings and explain exactly what each do and what they need to be set on for eye candy or performance. Might help eliminate problems for a lot of people.

• Like 2

Is there any chance the brightness of the shadows can be bumped up a bit still? Night seems fine, but during the day it's still overly dark, often almost more difficult to see than at night due to how dark the shadows are.

I also noticed the crafting window clips a bit:

XA5rsGq.png

Edited by Substr

I have been told that no matter what you guys are going to switch to the unstable client :(

What happens to those of us who can not use it without huge lag and crashing or any of the other issues listed in this post?

I have played and paid (out of my own pocket and not with in game money) for this game for over ten years, how can you guys think that it is ok to just discard me or others in this way?

I do not want to be a complainer or come off sounding bitchy but seriously what the hell ??

• Like 1

Never fear, you won't be discarded or anything of the sort!

There are numerous improvements coming with the live update on the 1st for the stable launch, and there will be a legacy version of the stable client for a limited time while we resolve the other issues. 

• Like 2

Happened a same crash that I posted earlier - again when riding for many minutes already.

A bit of more info adding to the embark height issue - when you cross servers and end up visually outside of the boat (known issue in stable as well) and you disembark/mbark it happens that your viewpoints gets too low. Not resolved by re-embarking, crossing servers again, and will have the same low viewpoint applied to even if you embark a horse later (I suppose any vehicle).  Only a relog resolves it.

33 minutes ago, Substr said:

@RetrogradeTrying to test the 4.0.4 patch but it seems like the jnlp is still referencing 4.0.3 ?

Try now, the update was done about 15 minutes after the notes.

Anyone still having performance issues make sure to try both the normal and low memory client and report back here with a console log.

https://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp

https://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable_lowmem.jnlp

I am still having trouble when I log into the 4.04 with the settings returning to glsl default after setting and saving multiple times with them set to core and on both low mem and unstable there is no shine on rare items

Edited by shipbrick

HI,

Win10

64-bit Java

GeForce GTX 770, 2GB mem

16GB RAM

Core I7-4790K CPU 4GHZ

I have not seen any real performance issues, but I haven't used the new client that much because it is so full of problems I can't really play it for any longer period of time. I have tried it during the last 6 months or more, just now and then and I have not noticed any real improvements except maybe in performance. The rendering when it works looks better than the old client but it is a bit less relaxing for the eyes in my opinion, not sure why but maybe because of more vivid colors and larger contrasts. 

So, on to the real problems.

Lighting of the scenes is horrible, it flickers when moving, it goes from light to dark randomly when walking around especially during sunrise or sundown. There are randomly light spots on the ground or on items, seemingly random rays of sunlight here and there that moves around in the scene when walking around or turning around etc. 

Shadows look nice when standing still but when moving they flicker a lot around the edges and there are some creeping artefacts. Also light spots flicker here and there on the ground while moving. 

Grass that is one or two tiles away looks really blurry. 

At least you can log in lol, its not downloading properly for me, trying again , will post error report when Im done

Edit: Okay cleared the cache and redownloaded. Got to the launcher at least ;p

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp
        spec="1.0+"
        codebase="http://www.wurmonline.com/client/"
        href="wurmclient_unstable.jnlp">
    <information>
                    <title>Wurm Online [Unstable]</title>
                <vendor>CodeClub AB</vendor>
        <homepage href="http://www.wurmonline.com" />
        <description>Wurm Online Client</description>
        <icon href="wurm_icon_128.png" width="128" height="128" />
        <icon href="wurm_icon_64.png" width="64" height="64" />
        <icon href="wurm_icon_32.png" width="32" height="32" />
        <icon href="wurm_icon_16.png" width="16" height="16" />
        <icon kind="splash" href="splash.gif" />
        <shortcut online="true">
            <desktop />
            <menu submenu="Wurm Online" />
        </shortcut>
    </information>
    <update check="timeout" policy="always" />
    <security>
        <all-permissions />
    </security>
    <resources>
        <j2se
                href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se"
                version="1.8+"
                            java-vm-args="-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=8 -XX:+UseStringDeduplication"
                                        initial-heap-size="512m"
                                />
        <property name="sun.java2d.noddraw" value="true" />
        <property name="org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.allowNegativeMouseCoords" value="true" />

<property name="jnlp.versionEnabled" value="true" />
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/WurmClientUnstable-small.jar" version="4.0.4" main="true"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/httpclient.jar" version="4.5.3"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/httpcore.jar" version="4.4.6"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/commons-logging.jar" version="1.2"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/commons-codec.jar" version="1.9"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/pngdecoder.jar" version="1.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/irclib.jar" version="1.10"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl_util.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/jinput.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/jutils.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/jorbis.jar" version="0.0.17"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/vecmath.jar" version="1.5.2"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/jbullet.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/JZipUpdate.jar" version="0.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/joxsi.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/jme-collada-binding.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/jsquish.jar" version="2.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/slick-util.jar" version="b208"/>
    <jar href="libraries-unstable/jogg.jar" version="0.0.7"/>

</resources>
    <resources os="Win" arch="x86"><!-- Windows 32-bit java -->
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    </resources>
    <resources os="Win" arch="amd64"><!-- Windows 64-bit java -->
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    </resources>
    <resources os="Mac" arch="ppc"><!-- PowerPC Mac -->
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    </resources>
    <resources os="Mac" arch="i386"><!-- Intel Mac 32-bit java -->
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    </resources>
    <resources os="Mac" arch="x86_64"><!-- Intel Mac 64-bit java -->
    </resources>
    <resources os="Linux" arch="i386"><!-- Linux 32-bit Sun java -->
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    </resources>
    <resources os="Linux" arch="x86"><!-- UNKNOWN -->
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
        <nativelib href="libraries-unstable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    </resources>
    <resources os="Linux" arch="amd64"><!-- Linux 64-bit Sun java -->
    </resources>
    <resources os="Linux" arch="x86_64"><!-- UNKNOWN -->
    </resources>
    <application-desc main-class="com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmMain"  name="Wurm Online" />
</jnlp>

Spoiler

om.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: (http://www.wurmonline.com/client/libraries-unstable/WurmClientUnstable-small.jar?version-id=4.0.4, 4.0.4)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Spoiler

java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
    at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpDownloadHelper.decompressWrite(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpDownloadHelper.download(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToTempFile(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToCache(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edited by Rhianna

I have a Windows 10 OP with Java 64 bit , intel Core i7 processor, and Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 950 graphics card. RAM is 8.00 GB.

The first time i logged in , i got the two pictures you see below.

The second time I successfully logged in - graphics are more normal than before .. .. .but FPS is TOTALLY unplayable!!!! Bounces from 54 to 15 (yo-yoing back and forth and freezing) constantly!

PLEASE FIX :(((

Edited by Goldfinch

10 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

Having issues with the graphics - ground is wayy too dark! I have a Windows 10 OP with Java 64 bit , intel Core i7 processor, and Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 950 graphics card. RAM is 8.00 GB.

Here is the client log when i tried to start it up - and it crashed the first time :

=== System information ===
Executing from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\
Operating system: Windows 10 (arch: x86, version: 10.0)

you're using 32 bit java

15 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

you're using 32 bit java

MrGary - I always download the 64 bit java updates and that is just where they  store them automatically???  I dont even have java  in my regular Program Files  - only under Program Files (x86). Do i need to fix this? if so, how? Sorry im not very computer savvy.

1) how to get it in the Program Files folder. 2) how to get Java TM Launcher (Wurm clients) to launch from this folder? Or is this all necessary?

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jnlp href="wurmclient.jnlp" codebase="http://www.wurmonline.com/client/" spec="1.0+"> <information> <a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue; margin-left: -2em;"><<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">title</span>></a>Wurm Online [Stable]<span xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="color: blue;"></<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">title</span>></span> <vendor>CodeClub AB</vendor> <homepage href="http://www.wurmonline.com"/> <description>Wurm Online Client</description> <icon href="wurm_icon_128.png" height="128" width="128"/> <icon href="wurm_icon_64.png" height="64" width="64"/> <icon href="wurm_icon_32.png" height="32" width="32"/> <icon href="wurm_icon_16.png" height="16" width="16"/> <icon href="splash.gif" kind="splash"/> <shortcut online="true"> <desktop/>

<menu submenu="Wurm Online"/>

</shortcut> </information> <update policy="always" check="timeout"/> <security> <all-permissions/> </security> <resources> <j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" max-heap-size="1024m" initial-heap-size="512m" version="1.8+"/> <property value="true" name="sun.java2d.noddraw"/> <property value="true" name="org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.allowNegativeMouseCoords"/> <property value="true" name="jnlp.versionEnabled"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/WurmClient-small.jar" version="3.99.52" main="true"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/httpclient.jar" version="4.5.3"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/httpcore.jar" version="4.4.6"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-logging.jar" version="1.2"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-codec.jar" version="1.9"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/pngdecoder.jar" version="1.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/irclib.jar" version="1.10"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl_util.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jinput.jar" version="2.0.5"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jutils.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jorbis.jar" version="0.0.17"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/vecmath.jar" version="1.5.2"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jbullet.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/JZipUpdate.jar" version="0.9.1"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/joxsi.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jme-collada-binding.jar" version="1.0.0"/> <jar href="libraries-stable/jogg.jar" version="0.0.7"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86" os="Win">

<!-- Windows 32-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="amd64" os="Win">

<!-- Windows 64-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="ppc" os="Mac">

<!-- PowerPC Mac -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="i386" os="Mac">

<!-- Intel Mac 32-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86_64" os="Mac">

<!-- Intel Mac 64-bit java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="i386" os="Linux">

<!-- Linux 32-bit Sun java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86" os="Linux">

<!-- UNKNOWN -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="amd64" os="Linux">

<!-- Linux 64-bit Sun java -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <resources arch="x86_64" os="Linux">

<!-- UNKNOWN -->

<nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/> <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/> </resources> <application-desc name="Wurm Online" main-class="com.wurmonline.client.WurmLauncher"/>

</jnlp>

I am unable to launch the game at all now I have reinstalled the 64bit java I have removed all wurm files fron cpu and redownloaded now I am unable to access the game through the launcher provided at wurmonline.com keeps sending me to my download folders that just keep doing a loop I open 1 then it sets another in the download que open run another and yet another goes to que but nothing opens

Edited by shipbrick
error post

24 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

MrGary - I always download the 64 bit java updates and that is just where they  store them automatically???  I dont even have java  in my regular Program Files  - only under Program Files (x86). Do i need to fix this? if so, how? Sorry im not very computer savvy.

1) how to get it in the Program Files folder. 2) how to get Java TM Launcher (Wurm clients) to launch from this folder? Or is this all necessary?

Press the windows key on your keyboard and type java in the search field. Configure Java should show up, click that. Java Control Panel should popup, click on the Java tab inside there and click on the view button. It will show your Java versions installed and you can choose your default one. If no x86_64 architecture show up you need to download the 64 bit version.

Edit:

I thought that this bit was related to the OS
=== System information ===
Executing from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\
Operating system: Windows 10 (arch: x86, version: 10.0)

My log says

Operating system: Windows 8.1 (arch: amd64, version: 6.3)
Java version: 1.8.0_131 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
Jvm version: 25.131-b11 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
Available CPUs: 4

Edited by Darkshade

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

I thought that this bit was related to the OS

It's supposed to be but if you are using 32 bit java it tricks that line to saying it's 32 bit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goldfinch said:

I myself would just uninstall every version on java on your computer and go here for the 64 bit offline windows version.

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Now if you have to use java in a 32 bit browser for some other reason you may want to install both but myself i dont need it. If you do have to install both you will need to change the path in the wurm shortcut to make sure it uses the 64 bit version.