Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Blossom starter deed voting

Starter deed voting  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which design do you want to see at Blossom?

• Bridges and Stairs
    • Take Beastwolf to church!
    • Blossom Park
    • Sleepy little town

.Step right up! It's voting time!

We have four awesome entries to the blossom redesign contest, and all have their own unique style and design, and we need your help! 

Vote for your favourite design and the winner will get to build their design in blossom!

The voting will remain open all week, and the winner will be announced in next weeks news, so get voting! 

• Like 1

"Bridges and Stairs"

"The bridges offering themselves for this are only the flat top bridges. I tried adding an arched bridge, but i am all for symmetry, so they did not quite fit in my eyes. The buildings are full of all kinds of stairs which allow the climbing all the way to the top of each and going across to the next building. I kept with the "Park" kind of idea in the 2 western quarters, kept the green tiles as grass for now but they could be made lawn with flowers in between. It could do with a few more trees here and there, I have to see it in game to say where.

I also looked around server for interesting buildings, not too big and themed and found the Fishing Hut at Neotori which now decorates a pond in the North West corner. I also like to add the colorful chairs from Fallen Sky in a garden setting somewhere (not possible in Deed Planner, or i haven't found it). Not to say that Pristine does not have any interesting buildings, but they were a little bit too big for the challenging steep terrain at Blossom. I kept the terraforming to a minimum, raising the middle, making the gravel walk ways walkable and flattening out the top in the East a little.

I would like to invite all citizens to take up the indoor decor of a building, namely the 2 marble at the water, 3 sandstone in the middle, 2 slate at the top and the brewery in the North East corner. The standard features of a starter deed like traders and the bartender can occupy tiles in or around the sandstone buildings.

I am also thinking of some cave dwellings between cave entrances in the South West (mine door) to the North East (rock tile). Much of that idea depends how deep the dirt layer is in the South West.

Spoiler

EBaPGNk.jpg5LH7nGM.jpg

Map download https://pastebin.com/RLtsVkXy

"Take Beastwolf to church! "

deed map https://pastebin.com/2FyVFdwA

Inside the church, I have set aside 3 gold alters for the 3 true gods...(I'm sorry Libila)
2 silver alters for the first two player gods, stone for the next two and wooden alter for Smeagain and any other player gods that may follow...
(Also I know that bench is facing the wrong way)

There would also be a building you could craft anything a new player would need... From weapons and armor, to even food and clothing...
Also a little spot for new players to get their skills up for fighting...
Traders needed a pretty market stall...also wanted to place kingdom banners and flags to showcase, but there are limits to what you can do in deedplanner, and much of the decorating could not be done or placed quite right....

Spoiler

54peF9a.jpgnOvcJiR.jpgiZBw14h.jpgsszh6Kd.jpg8wrsRKu.jpgun1vIDo.jpgC7BzA6L.jpgKVXNqtU.jpg8VryRL9.jpgiZBw14h.jpg

"Blossom Park"

I thought a more minimalistic approach would be nice, but it still includes all of the essentials: A smithy, a kitchen, a church, farmland, an inn, and a pen for animals. The pavement flower mosaic/mural (whatever you want to call it), lavender hedges, and flowerbeds are meant to fit with the "Blossom" flower theme, and I didn't fuss around too much with decorations in deedplanner, but more statues, fountains, flowerpots, etc. might look nice as decoration too. I tried to make it more of a 'park' feel, which is the vibe I get when I think of how Blossom should be. Enjoy!

deed map https://pastebin.com/9B1uCwiW

Spoiler

ls6Hah1eQAKLwiipau5nFA.png

mLM_GG8kQ0O9KOVQYGeCvQ.png

7xZIcNelRsWZa7iRxRt9qw.png

spSMD-OYRxG3LTkf7WMo9w.png

AJFnh8p-Q2mWYsnR-1YjYg.png

gLqiTtSQSQKgdwLpWp6U7g.png

j5U7o4yNTTqwQ59EHAY1Vg.png

"Sleepy little town"

I've always envisioned Blossom as a sleepy little town.  To that end, I wanted to create a rustic feeling that hints at what's possible in the game, but leave the truly spectacular stuff outside Blossom for the thrill of exploration.  

There'd be much more tree cover than what's shown - it's been removed for visibility, and most grass tiles without a tree would be a flower tile.  When entering from the tutorial, Blossom is listed as "Blossom (flowers for everyone)" and I really want that to be the theme of the town.  The entire area has been lifted up by 30-50 dirts to smooth out that steep entry from the south.  I love landshaping and trying to keep the land feeling as natural as possible, minimizing huge flat spaces or flatraising.  I also wanted to pull the coastline in to the deed area to make it feel a little more natural.  I tried to keep the materials understated - I think some of the newer textures look a little clashy, but I tried to represent a few different styles without having the town become an exhaustive catalog of all possible wall types.

Ideally, I'd like to reshape the perimeter as well - breaking down the dirt platforms into more natural hills and seeding them with various trees and bushes as if they were the town's orchards - without good height data, I didn't want to try and mock that up in Deedplanner (which is an excellent tool, but a little fussy to do landshaping with). 

deed map  https://pastebin.com/tGna33vQ 

Spoiler

EEwnG7V.jpg

bjW18qX.jpg

lyAq3a9.jpg

gtc4DCe.jpg

UrtMqvm.jpg

bOsqvyW.jpg

1W4xjnB.jpg

Sb6k0v1.jpg

vm9X1x9.jpg

RLze8R7.jpg

HhgO9Hf.jpg

'Blossom Park' is listed as 'Imperfect Slopes' in the post with the pics. Might be clearer if the names matched, as with the others

idc which one wins honestly, as long as i get a little hermit shack at the starter deed, or a cage or pen for me at least.

Edited by Beastwolf