Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

[RESOLVED] WSA – Update revert due to connectivity issues.

WSA.png

Todays update to the game encountered a few errors with connecting to servers. After a preliminary look into the issue we’ve made the decision to temporarily revert the update to avoid long downtime. We’ll continue to work on the issue and announce when the update is available.

While disappointing, the reason we’ve made this decision is to minimise downtime of the game and time lost while we work on the issue. We have managed to reproduce it on our test servers and will be able to work on the fix without impacting play but currently have no ETA.

We do apologise for the inconvenience and we know everyone was eager to get building and storing. Hopefully we will have the issue resolved and the update back in action soon.

Regards,
The Wurm team.

Due to the need to revert the update from today, any clients which were updated will need to be cleared from the Java cache before the correct one can be redownloaded.

To clear your Java cache click on Start, and then run (Or windows + R key) and type in javaws -viewer and click OK

image.png

Then click on the wurm online files and remove selected files

image.png

Once that is done you will be able to click the "Play" button on the website to redownload the launcher.

• Like 1

Can you please explain how to do this for Linux / Lubuntu ?

typing javaws -viewer into the terminal should bring up the correct window baloo

dont know how to get the terminal up - my son does that for me, but he is at work atm

ok found the terminal and this is what happened:

The program 'javaws' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt install icedtea-netx

Do i have to install javaws ?

nevermind, i will wait for my son to get home from work

Son home. Now sorted. :)

Edited by Baloo

Add a space between the javaws and -viewer

• Like 2

Thanks Kyoko didn't even noticed that at first game is working now yay!!

No worries, it's an easy mistake to make.  I'm glad it's working now for you. :) 

if it helps, wurm stable gave a connection protocol error, wurm unstable did not.
I assume this was the point at which the patch was rolled back

from IRC: [00:02:38] <wulfmaer>on mac, system preferences - java - view temporary files

@Retrograde update the unstable launcher news with this new info, was waiting over an hour for the update to be reverted till i came to the forum and saw what needed to be done

Is 4.0 unstable client now the new 4.0 stable client?  Just wondering in case I miss understood the news.

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Scratch that, thanks fraeya, done

Welcome

I noticed the light in caves is better now! I want to thank you all for this!!! and for the rest of the update and hard work ofcourse :D

Edited by Jonydowy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Is 4.0 unstable client now the new 4.0 stable client?  Just wondering in case I miss understood the news.

It isn't yet, do try to use it as much as possible though as soon it will be the main client.