Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/AUG/17

19 hours ago, DevBlog said:

KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.

Where is this setting set? It doesn't appear to be anywhere obvious....

Question: can anyone remove the catseyes? 

Specifically, what can I do if some stranger decides to make a piece of highway in my area just for lulz? Can I remove the catseyes and the highway tiles when he has gone back to his own server again? Because this will happen again and again. Giving highway builders even more power to rule is a big mistake in my opinion.

Edited by Cista

1 hour ago, Cista said:

Question: can anyone remove the catseyes? 

Specifically, what can I do if some stranger decides to make a piece of highway in my area just for lulz? Can I remove the catseyes and the highway tiles when he has gone back to his own server again? Because this will happen again and again. Giving highway builders even more power to rule is a big mistake in my opinion.

you can destroy the catseyes and remove the tiles. Destroying one removes the links and they decay rather quickly when not complete (green linked)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

you can destroy the catseyes and remove the tiles. Destroying one removes the links and they decay rather quickly when not complete (green linked)

Ok well that would work fine for me then ...

But from the viewpoint of those building highway systems, they would not be protected then, unless they do end with a marker inside a deed.

Unless any bit highway that is connected to any other highway network that is connected to a deed somewhere, will be impossible to destroy. It is still confusing to me :o

Edited by Cista

Waystone and catseye give 3x3 protection, but catseye need to be adjecent tile corner, so protected are overlap it multiple times, why? Why not make change that protected area need to touch where previous ends? Anyone think how many eyes you need some long highway in xanadu?

5 hours ago, monsterix said:

Waystone and catseye give 3x3 protection, but catseye need to be adjecent tile corner, so protected are overlap it multiple times, why? Why not make change that protected area need to touch where previous ends? Anyone think how many eyes you need some long highway in xanadu?

The need for them to be next to each other is so they can link and allow players to find roads to villages

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The need for them to be next to each other is so they can link and allow players to find roads to villages

In my opinion, its possible make that they link (If code change) also If they are bit further from each others. It needs huge amount of eyes to make long road with eyes...

On 8/18/2017 at 0:19 PM, Retrograde said:

Destroying one removes the links and they decay rather quickly when not complete (green linked)

How much decay and how often?
All the catseyes in the broken line (blue + red) or just the ends (red)?

I've been checking on red and blue catseyes over a couple of days. Red has 9.3 damage, blue has zero :(

Sign in to follow this