Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/AUG/17

PatchNotes.png

New fences and parapets are now available

• The following fence types can now be built in Slate, Sandstone, Marble, Pottery brick, Rounded stone, and rendered.
    • Tall Stone Wall
    • Portcullis
    • High Iron Fence
    • High Iron Fence Gate
    • Stone Parapet
    • Chain Fence

Crate rack

• Crate rack for storing large and small crates.
  • The crate rack can hold 30 large crates or 51 small crates'

Creature movement changes

• Creatures will now avoid water and fences sooner (Enabled on Celebration only at this time).

New highway system

• Overview

• The new highway system has been enabled on PvE servers.
    • Paved highways of 2 or 3 tiles can be protected by the use of catseyes and waystones
    • Protected paved tiles cannot be destroyed, but can be terraformed with a limit of 20 slope (28 diagonally).
  • Catseyes and waystones

• Blind catseyes are created with rock shards and a stone chisel, and then turned into catseyes with the addition of an eye.
    • Waystones are made with a chisel on a rock shard, and completed with a compass and a shaft.
    • Paved tiles that are two or three tiles wide can be protected by placing catseyes or waystones on adjacent tile corners.
    • A catseye may only connect to 2 catseyes or waystones and must be connected to one to allow planting.
    • Waystones will create junctions for multiple highway routes to connect and will require being connected to at least one catseye to allow planting off deed. Note: On deed a waystone may be planted without any connections.
  • Viewing protection

• Possible protected tiles and links can be viewed before planting a catseye or waystone by activating the item and right clicking an eligible tile corner (one with a planted catseye or waystone on an adjacent tile).
    • Once planted, the protected tiles and links can be viewed by right clicking on the object and selecting it in the menu.
    • It is advised to use this to ensure the correct tiles will be protected when joining highway junctions.
  • Finding deeds

• Deeds that have a waystone on deed may be found via the "find route" option on a waystone that is connected to the same highway.
    • If opted in, they may be found in the drop down menu, if they have not opted in they may still be found by inputting the exact deed name
  • Village settings

• Village settings will be used for several purposes
    • Allowing highways to be built or connected on deed or within 3 tiles of the deed (in village perimeter).
    • KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.
    • Allowing highways to be found via the drop down menu on any waystone connected to the same highway
      • Note, even if this is disabled, the village may be found by typing the exact name into the text box.

For more technical information a thread for the discussion and questions about the system is available here:

Questions asked in that thread may appear in a condensed Q&A form later.

Existing highway rules will remain in effect until notice of their removal and reliance on highway mechanics is given.

Bug fixes

• Bugfix: Fixed the double text for build wooden plank floors.
  • Bugfix: Fix for menu option to remove reinforcement when trying to mine a ceiling above a reinforced floor.
  • Bugfix: Fix for planted items sometimes falling into a pile of decorations.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where mining out a vein at a cave entrance could cause undesirable results.
  • Bugfix: Reworded mouseover text for village permission Mine Floor to indicate it also includes mining ceilings.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a number of ceiling mining issues related to reinforced flooring.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer bank locked items.
  • Bugfix: You can once again rename tents.
  • Bugfix: You should no longer be able to see through hedges and stone fencing.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with pushing items into doorways from all directions when there was a bridge overhead.

Client changes (4.01)

• General performance improvements.
  • The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased.
  • Meat material name will show as a prefix if 'show material name' is disabled in settings.(this will appear on both 4.0 and stable)
  • You can now customize your hover outline colors via the game settings.
    • Customisation options will be available for neutral objects (tiles, neutral creatures, objects), hostiles, friends, and allies.
    • Transparency can also be adjusted to fade the border.
    • Standard colours will stay the same.
  • Fixed an issue with painted items and transparency.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed select bar mining issues.
  • Bugfix: Fix for bloated keybindings.txt file.
  • Like 2

Anyone else getting a constant "connecting to server" screen after the update?  (Release) 

5 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

Proper 100 Shieldsmithing title is in this patch?

Didn't they already add that in the last patch?

Also, cannot wait for the crate racks!! \o/

Edited by PumperNickel
Added my excitement for the crate racks..

Waiting patiently for the servers. Will need to refill coffee stocks at home. Maybe spirits too. I'm keeping my temper in control. <gulp>

When are you going to fix the economy? Wurm page says Wurm encourages an 'open economy' which means players are encouraged to sell items and accounts for real money. However, certain servers are so broken all items and accounts currently are deemed worthless and you can not sell anything. Even for extremely low prices.

"

Open Economy; Return on investment

Wurm Online features an Open Economy, which means that we allow and encourage you to transfer your account and earned silver coins to other people in exchange for real money, via for instance E-bay or our forums. We think it is your right to capitalize on your investment in time and money."

Just not on selected servers?

Edited by BeardedMan

It's been showing online now for atleast 30 minutes if not more...why does it show servers are online if the patch is not finished?  Here's a cup of coffee to help your stress Jazz :P

• Like 1

in unstable client:

Todays update to the game encountered a few errors with connecting to servers. After a preliminary look into the issue we’ve made the decision to temporarily revert the update to avoid long downtime. We’ll continue to work on the issue and announce when the update is available.

While disappointing, the reason we’ve made this decision is to minimise downtime of the game and time lost while we work on the issue. We have managed to reproduce it on our test servers and will be able to work on the fix without impacting play but currently have no ETA.

We do apologise for the inconvenience and we know everyone was eager to get building and storing. Hopefully we will have the issue resolved and the update back in action soon.

Regards,
The Wurm team.

I shows all servers online now shows multiple players on other servers including mine Exodus but I still CAN'T get on the game :angry:

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bug fixes

• Bugfix: Fix for menu option to remove reinforcement when trying to mine a ceiling above a reinforced floor.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a number of ceiling mining issues related to reinforced flooring.

deleted post pending repatch
will update when conclusive

Edited by Steveleeb

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

The following fence types can now be built in Slate, Sandstone, Marble, Pottery brick, Rounded stone, and rendered.

• Tall Stone Wall
  • Portcullis
  • High Iron Fence
  • High Iron Fence Gate
  • Stone Parapet
  • Chain Fence

Excellent! Had been waiting on this. Now I can build my Sandstone Tall Stone Walls and High Iron Fence Gates along a stretch of my deed. Crate racks too of course, as well as a lot of other miscellany in this patch. Now only the wait for a few days until the problems are resolved and this Patch can be re-downloaded by players.

Fortunately I had not logged onto the game today to have the bad Patch downloaded and then need to remove it. Another benefit of playing WU before WO today.

=Ayes=

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.

I still do not like this. It was brought up multiple times but shrugged off saying it will not be coded differently.

It was suggested to allow terminus deeds the ability to have KoS enabled, but leave deeds with highways going through them KoS disabled. I don't see the harm in it.

As it stands, I can either now have my highway griefed because it potentially cannot link to a major highway yet, or I can have people I don't want walking all over my deed because I want to protect my highway until it is properly linked to another highway.

Could I please get an argument against why this isn't possible, or not desired?

Otherwise it's a great update, but it sucks a lot of people won't use it because of the above issue.

(Unless I am reading it wrong, and you mean 3 tiles into perimeter? As long as it'd count as a highway properly then, but I'm guessing it doesn't.)

Edited by Xallo

"The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased."

Hope you didn't nerf to much, I really like how dark the night was on unstable.

4 hours ago, BeardedMan said:

When are you going to fix the economy? Wurm page says Wurm encourages an 'open economy' which means players are encouraged to sell items and accounts for real money. However, certain servers are so broken all items and accounts currently are deemed worthless and you can not sell anything. Even for extremely low prices.

Epic's economy has always been pretty bad, if that's what you're referring to. Most of the power items, basically grow on trees there. It's supposed aim is for a faster pvp game play not about making money. Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, Xallo said:

As it stands, I can either now have my highway griefed because it potentially cannot link to a major highway yet, or I can have people I don't want walking all over my deed because I want to protect my highway until it is properly linked to another highway.

Could I please get an argument against why this isn't possible, or not desired?

I would like to participate in the new highway system but this will prevent me from doing so.

I too would like to know why this is being done in this manner, if it will not be changed then you just as well get rid of the entire KoS system or not see the highways used on the servers as you imagine they would be.

I have been told that the majority of the residents of Release use the KoS system, it will be interesting to see how much highway construction will be performed on that server.

Edited by JakeRivers

I'm not sure I understand the problems with KoS and highways. You want people using the highway, but you don't want people close to your deeds?

17 minutes ago, starshard said:

I'm not sure I understand the problems with KoS and highways. You want people using the highway, but you don't want people close to your deeds?

Because the highway system is meant to 'protect' a roadway, not disallow people coming to my deed. In fact, I love when people come visit my deed, hence why I am making a highway to it.

But, if there are certain people I do not want on my deed (because they are known to be griefers, etc), I don't care if they go on the highway, as long as it's protected, which it can't be if I want them to be KoS'ed on my deed.

Edited by Xallo

14 minutes ago, starshard said:

Not everyone wants to create a highway for other people to use it. some may want to create a highway to ensure they will always have a traversable path to their deed without risking other people blocking it; the only way to do so is by turning it into a protected highway with casteyes. It's safe to assume someone placed on KoS will be on there for a reason and might seek to bother you more by messing with any roads around your deed. There have been a few instances of griefers going around and messing with peoples perimeters, and with this update you may choose to protect your perimeter and deeded area, or the road leading to your deed.

Keep in mind, a deed may be a terminus of a highway, and perhaps in the case of, say, a tunnel, the only way in and out of someone's deed - making it vulnerable to be messed with with a simple collapse and reinforce action.

we should remove KOS on pve :D and ban bad ppl :D

Edited by Sila

2 hours ago, Niki said:

"The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased."

Hope you didn't nerf to much, I really like how dark the night was on unstable.

Epic's economy has always been pretty bad, if that's what you're referring to. Most of the power items, basically grow on trees there. It's supposed aim is for a faster pvp game play not about making money. Just my 2 cents.

The only thing in abundance are the moonmetals and it's all from exploits or certain kingdoms holding dominance for long periods of time or both. I would hazard a guess that Freedom got just as much moonmetal as Epic did, they never like to be left out, the only difference is theres alot more people on Freedom so it seems more sparse because it's divided up more. Things like drake and scale are far from abundant on Epic. If you compare the mechanics of Freedom of old where scale and drake and all the unique resets over the years, definitely could say it grew on trees. Epic on the other hand used the new mechanics where very small amounts where dropped per kill, compared to the old mechanics where upto like 9 scales could drop per kill and each one was like 1.5 sets a scale, I can't remember exactly but it was a lot. This is all irrelevant too, the site clearly says I am encouraged to sell my stuff once I am done with it and that is not possible because no one wants to play.

I can use the same logic in any other server.. Freedom is about survival, player vs the environment, yet it's economy in the sense of player to player trading and real world money is fine simply because it's the primary focus of devs attention and if they broke freedom like they did Epic, then Wurm truly would be over for all servers as Freedom is where the money comes from. My point is we are all players and clearly aren't all being treated equally or being held in the same regard. I would like to sell off my account and its items as is my right according to Wurm and they encourage me to do so, but I can't because it's locked to a dead server and no one wants to play there anymore making my time and effort invested worthless which in my opinion goes against the way they say the game economy should operate.

Edited by BeardedMan
spelling correction
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xallo said:

Because the highway system is meant to 'protect' a roadway, not disallow people coming to my deed. In fact, I love when people come visit my deed, hence why I am making a highway to it.

But, if there are certain people I do not want on my deed (because they are known to be griefers, etc), I don't care if they go on the highway, as long as it's protected, which it can't be if I want them to be KoS'ed on my deed.

I fully support this, if you find yourself KOS on a highway that passes through a deed, the burden should be on the person that wishes to bypass a particular deed, via bypass road, trekking through the woods etc. eliminating the option to KOS when you've helped the community by providing in game time to allow passage of players on an open world server should not come with the requirement of additional work to do what deeds not on a highway can do. 

4 hours ago, Alyeska said:

Keep in mind, a deed may be a terminus of a highway

If a deed is the terminus (end point) of a highway then there would be no need for players to pass through it; thus, I would think that KoS could be enabled on the deed and protected with the new catseye/waypoint system. What's the issue?

What if players just run catseyes on a highway up to their deed and then don't put a waypoint marker inside of it? Does the highway protection system still function then? I thought catseyes will protect the highway from being dug down in the center just because they are there. The only difference would be then that the directional links would not function, or is it that technically for GM enforcement purposes they will not consider it a highway without a waypoint marker within the deed somewhere?

Some points about this new catseye/waypoint system are not too clear, it seems to me.

=Ayes=

12 hours ago, DevBlog said:

KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.

So for those folks that want to put people on kos, way stone 3 tiles away from your preimter, change the road to a single tile going within 3 tiles of your perimeter, waystone on other end.  There, no highway within 3 tiles of your perimeter right?

Sign in to follow this