Sign in to follow this  
Timorius

True freedomer mod

Hi! :) As written on the steam forums latley, I would like to have a mod coming to wurm unlimited that allows me/us as persons from

freedom isle, to change our relation in the way we want (as in reality). I want to be neutral (blue) towards every other person in the

beginning and than have the possibility to become friends/allies (green) or, if I feel treated bad or want to play the bad guy, change

the relation to hostile. Is that doable?

Other thing I can imagine to see is an athletics skill what slowly improve my foot speed when using them often and a bag for horse saddles.

Start the server with pvp enabled, that should cover whats your wanting.

As far as foot speed there is a skill for that, Body Strength controls how fast you run when encumbered.

Heya,

I didn´t say that my priority is having pvp. I am interested in dynamic relations and the freedom of choice.

Not that black-white (my kingdom is good, the others are bad) thing, that is the natural condition in pvp

maps.              As to the athletics skill: You say it by yourself when encumbered. I wish to become faster

with the time, also when not encumbered.

To spin on the string for everybody (don´t know, if you can say that in english) :unsure:, I can imagine this mod

very good in a huge world with lower skillgain and random spawn. Thinking twice made me also think, that,

to create it, it will be probably far less complicated to implement it on a pve world with only freedom isle

players and no ther kingdoms.

One step further if someone is willing to think it out. I have to ask -> Why are we deeding anyway? I mean, you

have your constructions, your caves, their doors, locks. Maby there is no need to. (a newspaper could be good then)

Or we allow an amout of players (maby 4) to form a band and than have a democratic (or undemocratic who really wants)

base deed with high costs.

(12 players (or so) could also create a kingdom with new rules,) ...  But thats very speculative at this point.

I can understand, that many people don´t like pvp. But I believe that the most people are "good" and that the rowdys will

not prevail. A big map with that mod would let us try it out and provide a whole new wurm experience. :) ??

You do have the ability to create other kingdoms as well so you don't have to define them as the traditional wurm lore group of 4 kingdoms either. So like WO where there are Player created kingdoms you can erase the black and white line as you put it. Players could band together and form a kingdom. Alliances are another way deed owners can work together.

I see where you are going with the Athletics, I don't want to make mounts useless but could see the attraction to your max foot speed increasing over time.

Re: Deed you can turn deed upkeep off and then you aren't paying anything. One reason many server have it turned on is for economy purposes, but you can just as easily turn it off. There are a number of advantages to having a deed vs just having your stuff in the wild decay being one of them. Many more can be found on the wiki.

As for red/blue/green a more robust system could be warranted. Right now you can become "friends" with another player, and you can also add a player to your deed's Kill-on-Sight list if you are the opposite.

Edited by LifesaverM

Hi.

Thank you for your response @Lifesaver, it is needed and desired. Although my english is not that good that I wished

(I have to look for vocabulary regulary), all what is written here can help to improve the picture of the wurm experience

of my wishes and what a true freedomer mod should provide in the best case. I never played Wurm Online so I am unsure,

if it can benefit of my thinkings or if its realizable there.

I only have played wurm unlimited and fall in love to its landscapes, the creatures, the magic and the gods and goddesses

there. And got despaired regulary for the rigid rules of the kingdom mechanic ( what does not mean that they are not good

for wurm online).

Lets go on spinning the string to finish my imagination of a true freedomer mod in a rude  shape.

As I said: ->

4 players finding together at this huge, unknown map are able to become a band or a family and to create a pre

defined (10 till 20 tils on every side?) base deed without no costs (but guards should cost) to have a place together. ^_^

Later on, with the forming of the first kingdoms or tribes (let it both be 13 players), guard towers and the currency (traders)

are coming to the map. A kingdom is allowed to build a guardtower and a trader in one of the base deeds, (but giving

up the others). From its first builded guard tower, it may spread, while new guard towers are only allowed to be build within

the influence zone of older ones. Within that zones, it can be done what is wished. (But note: Everyone has to be able

to leave a kingdom at every point without the need to being recruited from someone else and kingdoms what fell back under

the mark of thirteen people are not able to repair or build new guard towers. But still hold their land and may deed in it how

much they want.

A tribe. I am unsure, if now it gets to complicated for modding. Allthough I would love to see them (the tribes) in a wurmworld

for all the players what dont want to be bounded under a kings word and prefer a more democratic descisionfinding, or which think

(as I do), that its still the best way to live together. Also in the 21th century :P

A tribe is not able to spread guardtowers, but they dont need to give up their base deeds and can have a guardtower, trader,

and merchant in every of them. (4 persons = 1base deed, 13 persons to form a tribe) So a tribe is more wide spreaded than

a kingdom and can provide a larger area of the map with their goods and shelter. But they are more limited in guard towers and

deeds and should therefor concentrate more on community buildings. Also they are not as compact as kingdoms and therefor

more open for a surprise attack of nearby kingdoms or hostile tribes. (maby as compensation kingdoms can only pave in their lands?)

Yeah thats it, what I would like to see. Its a little bit like a sozial experiment and evolution,I see now. Will the tribes or the kingdoms prevail?

Or can they find ways to live in harmony together? Will we generally be able to come to the point, where we form kingdoms or

tribes? Or will we stay cavemans? And who will than prevail? The most rude, the most wise, the one what hides?

Now I am in need of modders. What do you all think?

Contact me here in the forum over pm too, if wished.

Regards :)

(Sidenote: If its possible to mod, why not allow people with every 10 points in climbing skill to walk one steep deeper without the need of

using the climbing skill? Tribes or people what live and grew up in the mountains should become more agile in this terrain.

My creative effusion is over.. :D

And I would also be happy, if only the neutrality aspect of my first post is realized..