Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

New SW Mountain Pass Highway

Just wanted everyone on Celebration to know that me, Stik and a few friends are building a new highway from our deed in the SW to the Steppe. There is already bits and pieces or roads through the pass, it is a bit of a mess and there is also an old abandoned tunnel that we wish to fix up and pave and include in our project. The only deed en-route that will be blocking our highway belongs to someone in our team (Hidaway Lodge).

PY0hVNI.jpg

The purple line is the route the new highway will go. If anyone has any issues with this new highway please contact me :D Otherwise I'll use this thread to report on the progress for this new SW route and hopefully it will be usable soon!

You should try a little harder to hide your deed next time :P

That is a scenic area in between the mountains!

I hope the beautiful landscape can be preserved during the works - I think some parts (like a diagonal ravine I remember there) will be hard to extend to 2 tiles wide without removing a lot from its natural beauty.

• Like 1

That will nicely connect a better road to my highways. Myself and boriso have made the roads that connect the North to south highway to the west passing misfits to the oak trees. Also the one from lodge south to the mountain tunnel south. And also the road you will be connecting to that goes up to the mountain for the pass. 

• Like 1

Right now we are in the process of making tunnel flat and easier to pass.   Now how do I set up a toll booth.

As Jaz said,I hope that most of that natural look of that area remains unchanged,I took one of my best screenshots there in winter time.It is a lovely place to  explore.

Going to try to make it look as pretty as possible :)

Lots of very messy broken cobble roads in the area. Will remove them and replace with nice slate trail that will follow the terrain of the land.

Also the tunnel is looking good! Even got a dragon to help us mine out a zinc vein that was in the way.

gF4bCap.jpg

That's the West exit of the Hidaway Tunnel before we made any changes to it. Will show a picture of it finished once it's paved but the entrance is now 2 wide with a nice road leading up to it.

lrbmS4F.jpg

Tunnel is 2 wide, all reinforced, lights put in, flat and prepared for the paving to go down to match the highway :D

HgbZTZc.jpg

Friendly dragon helping to mine out the Zinc vein <3

• Like 2

I know someone mined a trench into the Alora mine, but I am not sure if its related or not. It completely blocked us from access to our mine and we were considering dropping the tiles and strongwalling. Given the route is a bit further north I doubt it is, but feel free to contact me otherwise and we'll get something to work.

The mine is immediately north of Alora. I'll hold on the strongwalling just in case for a couple days.

Edited by Angelklaine

I'm not sure where Alora is? The only deed and tunnel we have been working on so far is Alinicon's deed (Hidaway Lodge).

If you need some tiles strongwalled I can bring a priest over if it's just a couple of tiles. If it's more then two tiles I'll need meat and a Sme alter. But yeah sounds like it's nothing to do with what we have been doing. Our tunnel work is deep in the mountain pass and all finished now :x

Alora is marked in your map there. No worries then. I suppose its too far south. I'm good with the collapses, I got Seylene at my Cele deed I can use. Just wanted to make sure I didnt accidentally strongwalled the pass, given how much of a pain it would be to fix.

Oh I see it on the community map, yeah that's way out of the way and won't interfere with our road at all np.