Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

New Meditation Question Mechanic: Mazes

Spamming meditation to question-fish, especially at the higher levels, is really tedious and not very fun.

I rather enjoyed the mid-summer event, and got some inspiration from it.

Instead of the advancement question having an ever lower chance of happening, instead have a successful question meditation teleport you to a series of themed mazes. In each maze you are given a series of questions, and after searching through a reasonably compact maze (nothing quite so large as the ones from the midsummer event) you find several named statues with possible answers. However, unlike the midsummer event choosing the wrong answer sends you back and the waiting period to try again starts.

Theme ideas

Love: Hedge and lawn maze with nymph statues.

Knowledge: Sandstone houses (3d) with bookshelves.

Insanity: Caves with demon statues.
Power: Bare rock with tall stone walls and horse statues.

Hate: Slate walls on mycellium and troll statues.

• Like 1

Always nice to have new things to do.  However, everyone isn't a fan of these things.  In my opinion, I'd rather see the mazes be an alternate way of doing things instead of replacing.

• Like 1

I'll have to do a -1 on this.

Meditation is a path to insight and according to lore these questions provide a path of deeper insight into the path of your choice.

I think the meditation works well as it does now, maybe increasing the chance of popping question would be more fun though.

+1 I think it would be more fun than the current method.
The questions should be harder and harder on higher levels. But very important the questions should change frequently, the leveling should be fun for everybody.

Harder questions is debatable, currently the answers feel arbitrary. If there was a book of hate/love/knowledge/insanity/power that you could read to find or understand the answers it would be great. But currently the a lot of these things only make sense if you were the one writing the question and answer.

-1 to a maze. Id rather things like planting x amount of flowers for love, killing for hate, getting drunk for insanity, etc.

• Like 1