Sign in to follow this  
RavenLure

Insomnia

Insomnia .. yes.. 

I am having issues with beds.. I have used these beds in their current locations.. my settings have not change nor have the beds..

The issue is this... I cannot sleep in canopy beds any more. I have tried my own and my alts. .which I was able to use prior to today.. I can use the small bed.. not the canopy one.. I do not even have a sleep option nor can I access a menu to fix it. My alt on the other hand can still use the canopy bed.

My alt can use her canopy bed but not mine...we are both on the same deed ... 

Check 1: The bed is inside a building. Beds outside buildings can not be used.

Check 2: Check the building's settings and make sure you are allowed to enter (sounds stupid but it's bugged things out before for me xD)

Check 3: Ownership of the bed - make sure you're the owner, if not use your alt to check permissions for your character.

Possible Solution: When something equal happened for me, I pushed the bed outside of the building it was in, and then pushed it back in (I didn't have the strength to load, so I'm not sure if you can't just carry it out that way xD). Once I had done this, permissions had reset and I could use it as before.

If none of this applies, I'm afraid you'll have to quit wurm..... (lol just kidding, pass me a PM and I'll come by your place to check out the situation if you can't figure this out, or maybe someone else knows. In either case, the very best of luck :wub:)

Failed miserably at it... took it out brought it back in.. 

The bed is in side a building .. 

I am allowed to enter the house

and the bed was given to me.. so I own it. been using it for weeks.

it just all of a sudden stopped working for me..

frustrating I iwll use my alts sleep powder if need be LOL she does not need it lol

7 hours ago, Yldrania said:

Check 3: Ownership of the bed - make sure you're the owner, if not use your alt to check permissions for your character.

Pushing the bed outside of the house does nothing to change ownership of it. To get ownership of the bed just *load* it onto a large cart (maybe canopy bed needs a wagon to load) then unload it again in the house. The bed is now owned by that character. There *might* also be an option to change ownership of the bed just by right clicking it like you can do with carts and bins. You will also need permission to load and unload within that house if not your owned house.

Even then, whoever is the owner of the bed can assign permissions to others according to their names. In this instance there is no need to have ownership of the bed if the bed owner is available to set permissions for you to use it (free sleep). You do seem to need some sleep though. *winks*

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
sleepy

I did load and unload .. and I have been using it in the house for over a week now.. Even had the owner of the deed make sure of the perms on the house and even the bed.. even though it is my bed.

I think I will  see about making a bug report out of this..

6 hours ago, RavenLure said:

I think I will  see about making a bug report out of this..

You're still awake? Don't let the bed *bugs bite!

=Ayes=