Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Cosmetics

This could be Micro transactions for Wurm Online to make money. If CC wanted to go there.

• Bed room out fits that match in perfect color and different styles.
  • Wagons that have custom designs
  • banners
  • tall banners

The list can go on. Would you buy one of these from CC if they where micro cosmetics with no enhancements? This is on my server but if stuff like this was on WO in the online store would you buy it as a cosmetic for your own personal use?

20170728121208_1.jpg

20170728121252_1.jpg

20170508085321_1_zpsag6ndp9x.jpg

20170728122631_1.jpg

• Like 4

Banners, signs, wooden furniture and some ships look great (except those with too bright colors).

Tapestries and wagons looks interesting, but does not fit wurm medieval setting. Graphics are too modern and artificial. But with other graphics, fitting to the game, would be great too.

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

Banners, signs, wooden furniture and some ships look great (except those with too bright colors).

Tapestries and wagons looks interesting, but does not fit wurm medieval setting. Graphics are too modern and artificial. But with other graphics, fitting to the game, would be great too.

Ok I wurmed you up 3 wagons this better?

20170728135911_1.jpg

• Like 1

70's/80's Vanart on the wagons aside, the sails on those boats are amazing and this is how the boats should be, not one color dyed, I would like to see the dying option for the hulls and separate for sails, and or even better option for customized by kingdom.

The merchant signs are very nice and the variety of color options for the furniture rocks, these things can be implemented easy enough I bet and do not detract from the game.

I don't like the idea of micro transactions for this aspect of the game though.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Arkonick said:

This could be Micro transactions for Wurm Online to make money. If CC wanted to go there.

• Bed room out fits that match in perfect color and different styles.
  • Wagons that have custom designs
  • banners
  • tall banners

The list can go on. Would you buy one of these from CC if they where micro cosmetics with no enhancements? This is on my server but if stuff like this was on WO in the online store would you buy it as a cosmetic for your own personal use?

20170728121208_1.jpg

20170728121252_1.jpg

20170508085321_1_zpsag6ndp9x.jpg

20170728122631_1.jpg

those stray pretty far from what makes Wurm Wurm I must say...but each to their own.,. I can't imagine entering a deed with all those custom graphics not lagging the shiit out of my client on WO>> but hey who cares about my business I live in the great white north in an igloo and harness ravens to send emails..also where the factional fight brothers are by the way.  so maybe I was wrong..

Edited by psisimian

Just want to say my graphical selection I choose on my server is not at question the showing of this was to promote the variety of different colored furniture different kingdom styled boats and different styled wagons.

My selection of style is not on display. I'm not saying add my stuff but I am saying people want a large variety to make there deed stand out from every other deed. A game can get very plan and dull if there is little change when they roam the lands.

When I roam the lands with little variety every other deed looks almost like the next same walls,wagons,statues, etc.....Then when you add multi story to the mix it made it worse cause now when i go in one room every other bed room has the same furniture and every kitchen design has the same stuff so every house starts to look like looking in a mirror. 

• Wurm has 1 selection of bed room furniture
  • 1 wagon selection based on kingdom
  • 3 carpets to try and decorate with
  • 2 barrels one big one small
  • a hand full of stone statues and then again it's based on if you want to pvp for hota statues to increase this
  • limited number of wall stuff 
  • 1 forge 1 oven that's it

The list goes on. now add in multi story where a building has 5 rooms to 10 rooms and you don't have enough to design to make each room worth looking into as that goes why would i go to your deed and look in several builds when 1 would be enough, cause once i look in one I done seen what most the others will look like cause there isn't enough furniture to make it look different.

Dye system don't make me laugh. The dye system sucks cause it dyes the entire image making the part you don't want dyed look like crap. the dye system needs to be removed in all and that would be a major improvement. Just not seeing them ugly one colored objects that make me cringe looking at it would be a god send.

They need to redo the system and start using multi sub colored objects then the dye system could work properly and not look like a eye sore.some objects actually have multi sub object yet the system dies all the images the same color making it look ugly.

The system needs a method system that can call textures in multi sub object so you can then make several textures that can be used over again. Example below and those who understand multi sub object textures can follow along those who don't try and keep up.

Example A the wagon.

• shadows separate texture
  • wood type separate texture
  • canopy separate texture

What this allows is the ability to make several wood textures "you can call every wood texture and slap it on the wagon" then the shadow is added threw mapping followed by the canopy.

Then in code you can have it only dye the wood texture leaving the canopy untouched. 

You can then add in another new method that will work for several objects just like the pliers on the wall does to change the objects texture.

This would allow one to change sails on the boats or canopies on wagons or tapestries on stands etc...no additional id's only texture changes.

This then opens up a market for these. One can make and sell tapestries, canopies, sails etc...can open a new skill if they like.

What does this stuff do it opens wurm up to a new level.

You can have a new skill upholstery which allows one to take the same chair id and then reupholster it with a new texture using dye and cloth. this will work with any cloth wood furniture item.

How about staining with dye on wood? if the system calls textures like this you can bring back all the boat textures you removed add them to the new boats all furniture etc... I can go on all day with this system.

This system I propose is a thousand times better than the system in place right now.

This is what I wanted people to take from the screen shots above.

Edit more ideas this here is a chair image atlas 1 draw call 1 image same can go for the wood part of the chairs this is a 1024x1024 image

All this allows for 192 different combinations of this chair using 2 textures using a atlas system.

chair_atlas.png

2048x2048 texture 16 wood textures 1 draw call

cahir_wood_atlas.png

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 2

Honestly?  Things like that are wurm's future.

0 extra functionality, it is all about cosmetics!

8 hours ago, psisimian said:

those stray pretty far from what makes Wurm Wurm I must say...but each to their own.,. I can't imagine entering a deed with all those custom graphics not lagging the shiit out of my client on WO>> but hey who cares about my business I live in the great white north in an igloo and harness ravens to send emails..also where the factional fight brothers are by the way.  so maybe I was wrong..

I was running 60fps before these items was dropped down and still running 60fps while using recording software to take a screenshot. Lag all 100 + models in view 60fps didn't see any lag.

looks amazing @Arkonickyou should offer those down in WU, we need more shop signs like that

I think we could benefit from having equipment slots for furniture. Your lovely beds could have, for example, a curtains, pillow and bedsheet slots allowing mix-and-match styles.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Darmalus said:

I think we could benefit from having equipment slots for furniture. Your lovely beds could have, for example, a curtains, pillow and bedsheet slots allowing mix-and-match styles.

I would love to be able to dye the bed and only affect the colour of the curtain/bedsheets

• Like 2

On 7/30/2017 at 7:33 PM, Alyeska said:

I would love to be able to dye the bed and only affect the colour of the curtain/bedsheets

^ that

Just like its been mentioned with things like wagons and ships. Be able to dye parts vs the whole.

• Like 1

Looks great, a huge +1 except that these should NEVER be some type of cash shop inclusion. 

Wurm online has such a great community and sandbox envoirment, a cash shop will destroy all of that.

Keep it in game, let people craft.

hmm...did some of those textures come from a public pack or something?  I'm pretty sure I've seen something similar somewhere, but I can't place where.

It feels like heading into The Sims field of over-customization

More cosmetics is always a + if it stays medieval and keeps the wurm theme and colours used by that time. 

Also if anything should be added to the code club cash shop then it should be a silver hand mirror to change your character customization once more for a reasonable price such as 5 euro ish. (still being bound to account and not resellable)

+1 to all this stuff.

Obviously the artistic direction for WO should be maintained in choices offered, but the variety is great.

I especially like the wooden tables, and the sails.

On 7/30/2017 at 0:39 PM, Darmalus said:

+1 to this as well if feasible.

Even if not quite as detailed as above, having a chance to change the sheets, or the sails, seat cushions, etc. would be cool.

Market for dyed cloth would be fun, and not so far from the era in question I think.