Sign in to follow this  
Dranana1

Chicken Coops

I think if you reworked the art some for the FSB's you could make them into chicken coops where you could put the chickens and they could graze like all the other animals and the eggs would appear the the coop's inventory. I think this would make the point of having chickens good and aesthetically appealing. If anything you could make them kind of the same concept as the bee hives, where you would make the coop on a grass tile, put a chicken inside with some food until it can graze (like bees do for honey) and the eggs would appear in the inventory and stay like honey does in the bee hives. This way you could make it to where the coop has eggs in the spring, summer, fall, but hibernates in the winter like the bees. Also you could make it have either animations of chicken by the coop or just chicken sounds coming from the coop like you have the buzzing from the bee hives to save on animation and processing power.

Edited by Dranana1
  • Like 6

+1 Yup - Poor hens don't even have a coop or hen house to call their own.

Build a 2x3 or a 3x3 house, drag your hens into it an drop food in the middle tiles... chicken coop done.

Personally i keep 6-10 hens at anytime, all kept in a 4x3 house. 2 full piles of corn in the middle tiles lasts about a week.

If you want to keep animals you have to take into calculation that it will take some time to take care of it.

So -1

I am talking not only viability of coops but aesthetics as well. Sure I could build a big house for them but that's not very aesthetically pleasing nor very economical for people who say don't have a lot of land to begin with (like new players).

• Like 1

+1  coop me cool to add to game.

Chicken coop would be a new graphic, but also could put seeds in the coop instead of leaving it on the ground.  Be cool if the image of the coop would look larger when full of feed and then smaller if no feed left for chickens.

-1  I do the same thing Daash does with a 1x1.

Though I wouldn't mind re-introducing a disease cure of some sort.  It's silly my outmoded Fo priest can bring me back from a sucking chest wound but can't help at all with the sniffles.

For chicken disease I just eat the sick ones.  (kinda like R/L)

I'm mainly in it only for a new graphic.  Like the bamboo chicken coops in Archeage were really cool.

Ya, I should have +1 graphics, -1 to chicken mechanics changes. 

yeah something like this pictures with an opening where the two fsb's meet in the middle

On 8/19/2017 at 10:55 AM, JakeRivers said:

already in game

G3oPA5Q.jpg

Going to borrow that idea for now. :)